Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ...
34
42
43
44
45
LastLast
  1. #861
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    And I'm sick of reading that Jaina was neutral with the Horde and that she suddenly "turns" Alliance. Jaina always was a staunch supporter of the Alliance. Just because she advocated peace with the Horde does not mean she was less loyal to the Alliance.
    You got that right.

    Even Jaina being a supporter of peace meant that she is "neutral"
    Then half the Horde cast is also neutral. So suck on that QQers

  2. #862
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Read up some on the Fall of Theramore event, and listen to the speech files that have been posted on the front page - how Garrosh GOT it hasn't been addressed in any detail as yet (I suspect that will be in the novel), but yes... the Horde has the Focusing Iris, and they use it as a weapon against Theramore. So no, he's not talking about the Eye of Dalaran at all.
    Exactly, we don't know IF horde actually got Iris, and if they actually did, how.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    You got that right.

    Even Jaina being a supporter of peace meant that she is "neutral"
    Then half the Horde cast is also neutral. So suck on that QQers

    Agreed. Thrall is a supporter of peace and as Earthen Ring member he is technically neutral. Doesn't mean that his is not loyal to the Horde.

  3. #863
    We know the Iris was in the Kirin Tor's possession after Dragon Soul. We know it was stolen, and that a Sunreaver was apparently involved, and we know it's used by the Horde to destroy Theramore before it's recovered by the Alliance.

    We may not know every little detail of what happens, but we have enough of an outline to know that the Kirin Tor should be upset.

  4. #864
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    We know the Iris was in the Kirin Tor's possession after Dragon Soul. We know it was stolen, and that a Sunreaver was apparently involved, and we know it's used by the Horde to destroy Theramore before it's recovered by the Alliance.

    We may not know every little detail of what happens, but we have enough of an outline to know that the Kirin Tor should be upset.
    We know that Horde tried to use Iris to destroy Theramore and had it briefly in possession after attack. Show me exact quote that it was stolen before attack.

    To me sabotage scenario makes more sense, than outright stealing. It's risky, takes a lot more effort and time, and brings unwanted attention of dragons.

  5. #865
    Scarab Lord Miralynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alterac Valley
    Posts
    4,123
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    We know that Horde tried to use Iris to destroy Theramore and had it briefly in possession after attack. Show me exact quote that it was stolen before attack.

    To me sabotage scenario makes more sense, than outright stealing. It's risky, takes a lot more effort and time, and brings unwanted attention of dragons.
    How 'bout we read the actual from-the-publisher summary of the book:
    http://www.fictiondb.com/author/chri...r~310857~b.htm

    Dark news arrives in Jaina’s beloved city, Theramore. One of the blue dragonflight’s most powerful artifacts -- the Focusing Iris -- has been stolen. To unravel the item’s mysterious whereabouts, Jaina works with the former blue Dragon Aspect Kalecgos. The two brilliant heroes forge an unlikely bond during their investigation, but another disastrous turn of events looms on the horizon. . . .

    I even bolded the pertinent part for you.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

  6. #866
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,206
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    We know that Horde tried to use Iris to destroy Theramore and had it briefly in possession after attack. Show me exact quote that it was stolen before attack.

    To me sabotage scenario makes more sense, than outright stealing. It's risky, takes a lot more effort and time, and brings unwanted attention of dragons.
    "Dark news arrives in Jaina’s beloved city, Theramore. One of the blue dragonflight’s most powerful artifacts—the Focusing Iris—has been stolen."

    That's from a book preview.

  7. #867
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    How 'bout we read the actual from-the-publisher summary of the book:
    http://www.fictiondb.com/author/chri...r~310857~b.htm

    Dark news arrives in Jaina’s beloved city, Theramore. One of the blue dragonflight’s most powerful artifacts -- the Focusing Iris -- has been stolen. To unravel the item’s mysterious whereabouts, Jaina works with the former blue Dragon Aspect Kalecgos. The two brilliant heroes forge an unlikely bond during their investigation, but another disastrous turn of events looms on the horizon. . . .


    I even bolded the pertinent part for you.

    Ok, my bad Still it seems Iris was stolen for Nexus, not Kirin Tor?

    Guess we'll wait for novel for clarifications. But frankly it's getting ridiculous how apparently easy is to trespass Blue Dragonflight domain.

  8. #868
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,206
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Ok, my bad Still it seems Iris was stolen for Nexus, not Kirin Tor?

    Guess we'll wait for novel for clarifications. But frankly it's getting ridiculous how apparently easy is to trespass Blue Dragonflight domain.
    It basicly shows Garrosh undoing all the work Thrall did to mend relations with the Dragonflights.

  9. #869
    Scarab Lord Miralynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alterac Valley
    Posts
    4,123
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Ok, my bad Still it seems Iris was stolen for Nexus, not Kirin Tor?

    Guess we'll wait for novel for clarifications. But frankly it's getting ridiculous how apparently easy is to trespass Blue Dragonflight domain.
    The Kirin Tor hasn't had the Focusing Iris for a long time... if ever? It's been forever since I did the whole EoE attunement thing, but either way, it's immaterial - the Iris is back in the Nexus/Eye of Eternity as of the Dragon Soul raid. That's why we go there so AFKers can die in ice walls, remember? XD

    I do agree, though, it seems like it's becoming downright trivial for more or less anyone to march into the Blues' sanctum nowadays.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

  10. #870
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Org is a shit-hole and Stormwind is a city of awsomeness that poops out awsomness - I can twist words to suit my views too.

    Plus that is an opinion not fact.
    Personally I love the new Horde buildings, but I know others that hate it.
    Liking a city more than another is subjective, the fact Org was completely redone while SW received a texture update complete with charred towers, a knocked over stature and a massive hole is a fact.
    Your own opinion of which city is better is irrelevant to this. One has a whole in it, the other doesn't.

  11. #871
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    I do agree, though, it seems like it's becoming downright trivial for more or less anyone to march into the Blues' sanctum nowadays.
    Needs some help, but when and where did it say that the Focusing Iris was given to Dalaran?

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 03:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Liking a city more than another is subjective, the fact Org was completely redone while SW received a texture update complete with charred towers, a knocked over stature and a massive hole is a fact.
    .
    so both cities recieved major updates, whats your point?

  12. #872
    Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    It was said in some dev interview where someone asked about what would happen to Jaina with the whole Theramore thing. Only had to go back a page to find someone quoting it,

    and some quick googling leads to https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status...72812030742528 where he actually said it.

    Because Blizzard has such a sterling and spotless record when it comes to being straight with Alliance events...oh wait.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 03:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Sigh. I think it's pretty clear from audio files that Jaina wanted to use focusing Iris to destroy Orgimmar. Calec reasoned her and she gave up. That's why Kirin Tor choose her as successor. Jaina isn't neutral, never was - Varian is her king and Garrosh is her enemy, at least for now. But Kirin Tor has much more important duty - to guard magic realm. To think that Dalaran wil risk civil war for this Varian brute bidding - that's preposterous.

    Yeah..it's certainly because Varian's a brute...he's done so many unspeakable acts since he retook the reigns of Stormwind. He...no wait. Well he...uh. Maybe...no.

    Oh yeah, he declared war in the Undercity...but chose peace at the end of WotLK...dang. So yeah, it'll have nothing to do with the Horde STEALING a magical device from Dalaran and using it on the home of a prominent Kirin Tor member. It'll be totally because Varian's a brute.
    Last edited by RyanEX; 2012-08-06 at 04:42 PM.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

  13. #873
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Org is a shit-hole and Stormwind is a city of awsomeness that poops out awsomness - I can twist words to suit my views too.

    Plus that is an opinion not fact.
    Personally I love the new Horde buildings, but I know others that hate it.
    It's an opinion that SW is a town filled with holes? I think it's a fact. I can see that there's a giant hole at the Park. I can see both entry towers are broken, I can see that a statue is down. It's not "my opinion" these things are there, they truly are.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 07:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    must be why you had questing there... oh wait you didnt

    They were in Forsaken territory, wtf do you think was gonna happen to them.
    So the Shatterspear tribe town isn't a Horde town? Horde don't have quests there. And maybe that Alliance fortress in Durotar isn't Alliance? Because I don't think we, Alliance, have quests there. Or maybe today's Pyrewood isn't Alliance? We don't have quests there. Spare me this argument, none of us had quests in these places because Ambermill for example was in a Horde 10-20 zone. And that costal fortress in Durotar was in a Horde 1-10 zone.

  14. #874
    I see those pointless discussions are still continuing. Why are you trying to discuss things are are destined to happen? Of course every fan of Hellscream or fanatic Horde fan won't accept that the Horde is soon going to lose everything. Doesn't matter how many logical reasons you can present them. They won't simply accept them.

    I remember back on the start of Cataclysm it all started with Sylvannas. We had a 80% here who saw her actions the same as the Lich Kings. Then we had some Forsaken fanatic fans who kept trying to find pathetic excuses to present Sylvannas as a misunderstood person. Didn't mattered if in almost every quest the Forsaken were acting like the Scourge. For them they were just misunderstood and had a reason for doing that.

    Then it was Garrosh. We saw him being a complete douche in the whole WOTLK and Cataclysm doing various crimes. He did some good acts but the crimes were far too much to be covered. There we had like an 80% who of course didn't like how Garrosh was written as a character. He had potential to be a good warchief but the way it was written it was really too late. Of course the Garrosh fans were seeing him as a misunderstood person and not as a criminal of war like the majority of us here.

    I remember warning the Garrosh fans back then that Garrosh won't really last long as the whole world in the end will fight him in a Siege of Orgrimmar but all of them were telling me that this wouldn't happen because the Horde love Garrosh and bla bla bla bla bla. 5 Months later and we learn that in the end the Alliance and what's left from the Horde decided he is dangerous and joined forces to put him down. Score one for Darth-Piekus and zero for Garrosh Fangirls.

    I also remember telling them back then that there will be a time where every neutral faction will simply turn against Garrosh's Horde because they will decide he is dangerous. They also told me that wouldn't happen. What do we see 6 months after? Jaina taking the lead of the Kirin Tor and them joining the Alliance and what's left from the Horde on their warfront agaisnt Hellscream. It hasn't been confirmed fully yet but 90% going there. Score two for Darth-Piekus and zero for Garrosh Fangirls.

    I understand they like Garrosh Hellscream. He had the potential to be a good character. However they need to wake up from that dream world of theirs and land back to reality. Garrosh's character is butchered, he cannot be redeemed and he will be put down. I understand how they feel. Nobody likes losing but they need to understand that Garrosh was fighting a war he couldn't win for a planet in which was a guest. Azeroth has only place for Thrall's Honorable Horde not a Bloodthirsty Copy of the Demonic Horde.

  15. #875
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Eh, plausible. But IMO it would be a waste of a good city putting it in a place the Alliance players never knew existed until it was gone.
    Maybe *some* players, but I personally loved Theramore and it reminded me of vanilla, etc.

  16. #876
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    must be why you had questing there... oh wait you didnt

    They were in Forsaken territory, wtf do you think was gonna happen to them.
    They were not, Ambermill was part of the territories of Dalaran (actually most of that zone was, the forsaken were just questing there, but didn't have anything but a small hidden outpost which was actually 'theirs') and Pyrewood belonged to Gilneas.

  17. #877
    As someone who has played Horde since Vanilla, I have to say that whoever has been writing the storyline for WoW has made the whole Alliance/Horde interaction nothing short of painful and agonizing since WoTLK. I mean seriously; we had a very cool storyline involving pulling Garrosh out of the throws of depression in TBC only for him - for no apparent reason *ever* explained aside from ham fisted Blizzard retconning - to become a total douche bag in WoTLK. Furthermore, the moment Garrosh started spouting his head off, Thrall should have taken him aside and physically beat him senseless for making him look bad.

  18. #878
    Bloodsail Admiral chemicader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    which again is just more inconsistency in the story
    If you would level up (excluding remade vanilla zones) it actually is inconsistent, true they would exist at the same time, but there really aint that many other solutions.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...time-with-lore 4th specs from a pure lore standpoint.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post17518830 Read / Add your ideas for new endgame formats/variables.

  19. #879
    Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    I see those pointless discussions are still continuing. Why are you trying to discuss things are are destined to happen? Of course every fan of Hellscream or fanatic Horde fan won't accept that the Horde is soon going to lose everything. Doesn't matter how many logical reasons you can present them. They won't simply accept them.

    I remember back on the start of Cataclysm it all started with Sylvannas. We had a 80% here who saw her actions the same as the Lich Kings. Then we had some Forsaken fanatic fans who kept trying to find pathetic excuses to present Sylvannas as a misunderstood person. Didn't mattered if in almost every quest the Forsaken were acting like the Scourge. For them they were just misunderstood and had a reason for doing that.

    Then it was Garrosh. We saw him being a complete douche in the whole WOTLK and Cataclysm doing various crimes. He did some good acts but the crimes were far too much to be covered. There we had like an 80% who of course didn't like how Garrosh was written as a character. He had potential to be a good warchief but the way it was written it was really too late. Of course the Garrosh fans were seeing him as a misunderstood person and not as a criminal of war like the majority of us here.

    I remember warning the Garrosh fans back then that Garrosh won't really last long as the whole world in the end will fight him in a Siege of Orgrimmar but all of them were telling me that this wouldn't happen because the Horde love Garrosh and bla bla bla bla bla. 5 Months later and we learn that in the end the Alliance and what's left from the Horde decided he is dangerous and joined forces to put him down. Score one for Darth-Piekus and zero for Garrosh Fangirls.

    I also remember telling them back then that there will be a time where every neutral faction will simply turn against Garrosh's Horde because they will decide he is dangerous. They also told me that wouldn't happen. What do we see 6 months after? Jaina taking the lead of the Kirin Tor and them joining the Alliance and what's left from the Horde on their warfront agaisnt Hellscream. It hasn't been confirmed fully yet but 90% going there. Score two for Darth-Piekus and zero for Garrosh Fangirls.

    I understand they like Garrosh Hellscream. He had the potential to be a good character. However they need to wake up from that dream world of theirs and land back to reality. Garrosh's character is butchered, he cannot be redeemed and he will be put down. I understand how they feel. Nobody likes losing but they need to understand that Garrosh was fighting a war he couldn't win for a planet in which was a guest. Azeroth has only place for Thrall's Honorable Horde not a Bloodthirsty Copy of the Demonic Horde.
    This post is so fraught with bias that it's actually sickening. It's astonishing to see that your form of argument is equal parts fact, speculation, and insulting the opposition. I think you'd have a bright career ahead of you in American politics.

    Also, I love that you had to call people "fangirls," as if being a "fanGIRL" is somehow worse than being a "fanBOY." That's incredibly sexist and offensive.
    Last edited by Xorn; 2012-08-06 at 10:13 PM.

  20. #880
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Urm.. they've kind of already done this. you can go to Wrymrest temple in northrend where its still being attacked by blue dragons. And yet in dragonsoul, the temple is destroyed, the orb shattered, and old gods corrupt the land around it.

    They will leave wrath content as it is, saying 'they happened in the past and doesn't need to be changed (despite them changing all vanilla content around), and then there make another dalaran probably floating over hillsbrad or pandaria or whatever, and have it move to floating over durotar in a raid instance for the attack on orgrimmar.
    The thing is, you don't actually go to Wyrmrest Temple to fight Deathwing. You go to the Caverns of Time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •