Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    it's all in a vacuum anyway. they've said that a few times, mainly to cover their asses and avoid extra work, but it's like a trip back in time is how they want us to view it.

they're not above putting multiple dalarans in multiple places. we still go to outland at level 58 to stop the burning legion

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 02:15 AM ----------

based on what though, what has she done, nothing in game but like i said i don't keep up with the books really because after reading harry potter i got burned out on that whole scene for a while
    WC3, and some books talk about her power. She was trained by the Archmage leader of Dalaran, I forgot his name, who saw her as one of his greatest students. And she was kind of being mentored by Aegwynn
    Last edited by Landin55; 2012-07-17 at 07:21 AM.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Dave Kosak's tweet :

""Jaina's response to Theramore will be explored in Christie Golden's upcoming novel, and later in the Mists patch cycle. Neutral? Pah! ""

Dalaran will no longer be a neutral city given its leader won't be neutral either. Jaina will remain an Alliance character, she will remain committed to the war, and Dalaran will be Theramore's replacement for sure.
    Isn't Rhonin the leader of Dalaran? Why would he want to assist Dr. Blight in her motive for revenge? Isn't he too busy making babies with dragons and elves and riding raptors through time?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Rhonin the leader of Dalaran? Why would he want to assist Dr. Blight in her motive for revenge? Isn't he too busy making babies with dragons and elves and riding raptors through time?
    Rhonin will probably die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran will shake their head and waggle a finger in disapproval just like the Argent Crusade has to the Forsaken. That will be the extent of their friendship due to Jaina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    is she even powerful? what has she done, i don't read the books but i mostly here about what she DOESN'T do which is "get involved in anything".
    From Wowwiki: In a last desperate act to fulfill her duties as Guardian (which she had never shirked in the past) Aegwynn supplemented Jaina with her last source of magic: her own life.

------

Although Aegwynn survived she has imbued Jaina with the last of her Guardian power, which is why Jaina is so powerful

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuaverde View Post
    i could actually see something like this happening. She gets uber pissed about theramore, travels to dalaran, and literally uses her insane amount of magical power to throw the horde off of the flying city, thereby killing thousands and really lighting the fire of the renewed war.
    excelent!!!

We learned that Jaina is next in line afterr Rhonin to lead the Kirin Tor. That doesn't necessarily mean that any acts she performs for the Alliance during this war in Mists of Pandaria will result in her taking the entire Kirin Tor faction to the Alliance once she takes over. I'm sure Rhonin was pro-human at one point, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    We learned that Jaina is next in line afterr Rhonin to lead the Kirin Tor. That doesn't necessarily mean that any acts she performs for the Alliance during this war in Mists of Pandaria will result in her taking the entire Kirin Tor faction to the Alliance once she takes over. I'm sure Rhonin was pro-human at one point, too.
    Khirin Tor was an alliance faction in vanilla and TBC. Only in wotlk, the devs decided to make it a neutral flying city (cuz pro). It now goes back to alliance where it belongs. What's so hard to understand ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Khirin Tor was an alliance faction in vanilla and TBC. Only in wotlk, the devs decided to make it a neutral flying city (cuz pro). It now goes back to alliance where it belongs. What's so hard to understand ?!?
    The fact that you provided only your opinion, and nothing to support it.

Question: What happened to Rhonin? Retirement? Or just the law of passing down power?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DireDragoness View Post
    Question: What happened to Rhonin? Retirement? Or just the law of passing down power?
    Guessing he's gonna go on an adventure or something and put Jaina in charge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendanb View Post
    http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=120146

http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=53142

The plot thickens. There's a new Dalaran portal spell added in Mists of Pandaria.

I'm banking on there being two Dalarans. The one in Crystalsong (In the Wrath timeline) and the one in Hillsbrad in the current timeline.

Blizzard wouldn't take away the capital city of an expansion.
    They'll probably rename the crater to New Dalaran or something.

Deleted

The plot thickens. There's a new Dalaran portal spell added in Mists of Pandaria.

I'm banking on there being two Dalarans. The one in Crystalsong (In the Wrath timeline) and the one in Hillsbrad in the current timeline.

Why and, most likely, HOW do you think they could rebuild Dalaran in the middle of hostile territory in Hillsbrad, now owned by Undercity ?!? Unless Hillsbrad becomes alliance dominated area again, I don't see the logic of having Dalaran there.

Why is it that Horde mages get this new spell aswell??? if Dalaran was Alliance dont you think it would be Alliance only.

'According to blue poster Bornakk, Dalaran will remain in Northrend for the foreseeable future.

Dalaran was invited by the leadership of the Alliance to send a representative to their diplomatic meeting, though declined to do so, citing its desire to retain its neutrality and continue to help bridge the gaps between the Alliance and the Horde.'

Now just like when every expansion or book comes out ppl jump to conclusions. She may hate garrosh and his Horde yet still hold some mercy to Thralls horde. Throwing the Horde out of Dalaran isnt that simple. Theres alot of Horde mages studying in dalaran, and even high ranking members on the council of six, throwing the Horde out would cause a major rift between Dalaran and Silvermoon.

Fuck no, don't take my fav city away from me!

Blizz could easily move all the quests and stuff from Dalaran to the highelf camps in crystallsong and then move Dalaran to the crater/where ever they want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotaro View Post
    Throwing the Horde out of Dalaran isnt that simple. Theres alot of Horde mages studying in dalaran, and even high ranking members on the council of six, throwing the Horde out would cause a major rift between Dalaran and Silvermoon.
    This all depends upon the circumstances of the Sunreavers Manabomb.

15+ Year Old Account

It's a minor glyph, and it's intended as a joke. It's presented as an old Teleport: Dalaran glyph which teleports you to the Dalaran crater (as in, a glyph that was created by someone before Dalaran was rebuilt).

They're not gonna change Dalaran into an Alliance only city. It's simply not going to happen.

You guys are making huge leaps based on the info that's been given. They say Jaina won't be neutral in the novel, that she's next in line to lead of the Kirin Tor. It's a titanic leap to read that and say "OMG Dalaran is becoming Alliance only and moving!" or "OMG we're gonna get two Dalrans!"

I believe it was stated or implied that Jaina was going to come close to doing something drastic as retribution, but then back down and realize that it would've been the wrong thing to do.

Keep in mind that the Horde is also going to be rising up against its leader by the end this expansion, and Wrathion hints that the Horde and Alliance will need to find a way to peace very soon.

Frankly, I'm a bit annoyed at all the emphasis being placed on her role in the Kirin Tor and the city of Dalaran with no mentions of Kul Tiras. Considering the novel's title and seafaring stuff going on in this expansion, I'd say it would be more logical for her to retreat to Kul Tiras and get her brother to formally join the Alliance, turning Kul Tiras into a new Alliance city.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2012-07-17 at 08:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's not going to be in both places at once, (Which, it very well could be considering different timelines) then it will most assuredly be back in Hillsbrad.
    Same timeline, just past and present. Both Outland and Northrend continents still take place several years in the past.

If Dalaran becomes an Alliance city oncemore, then.. well. What does the Horde get?

Karazhan?
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-07-17 at 08:53 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Until Blizzard get sidetracked and the story of the war gets put on hold for like the millionth time
    dragon did it!

ot: i would actually like that, if it got a remodel aswell, dont like how dala looks at the moment :\
    I like my coffe like my mages.