Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    she will take over for rhonin, but she wont kick horde out of dalaran for the simple fact that they just announced that in Each faction's capital city in Vale of the Eternal Blossoms instead of auction houses they have portals to all cities including DALARAN and shattrath. So if there were no horde in dalaran there would be no need for them to implement a portal there.

  2. #202
    Stood in the Fire Yzyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Jaina isn't the leader of Dalaran... Rhonin and the other Seven are. Where did you see that Dalaran is going A-side?
    Datamined voice file where Rhonin transfers leadership to Jaina. Someone has it posted earlier in this thread.

    Amazing sig compliments of Mountandpetlover!

  3. #203
    The Lightbringer vian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Random
    Posts
    3,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    Datamined voice file where Rhonin transfers leadership to Jaina. Someone has it posted earlier in this thread.
    Well, afterwards he'll probably take it back, once she goes emo and starts to cut herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  4. #204
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb
    Posts
    2,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Well, afterwards he'll probably take it back, once she goes emo and starts to cut herself.
    Here are the new sound files.


  5. #205
    Welcome home, Dalaran! That is, if they are really taking that route.

    Dalaran was one of the seven human nations and has always been part of the Alliance before WotLK. The Horde population is a minority there, and it seems the Sunreavers are partly responsible for the theft of the Focusing Iris that will be used to destroy Theramore. Maybe Rhonin will be killed during that theft (only an hypothesis here). So they ask the single most powerful mage in the world to lead Dalaran, throw out the Horde and rejoin the Alliance. It seems all logical to me.

    Now, what will happen in game?

    Hypothesis 1 : Two Dalarans. One in the past, in Northrend, with Rhonin still as a leader and neutral. Another in the present, part of the Alliance and moved back in Hillsbrad or Alterac (or somewhere in southern Kalimdor), with Jaina as a leader and some highborne Night Elves in it in place of the Sunreavers.

    Hypothesis 2 : One Dalaran in the past in Northrend, neutral, Rhonin as a leader. One or some Dalaran camps in Vanilla territories and/or Pandaria. Maybe one major base of operation in Kalimdor to replace Theramore. All part of the Alliance. Dalaran is now an allied city, but we just do not see it in game, much like Vanilla and TBC.

    I'm inclined toward number 2. It would be pretty much useless to make a second copy of Dalaran. We have all the trainers we need in the four capitals and they are easy to access. A second Dalaran would be too big for a few quests. Maybe a phased Dalaran could be made for a quest or scenario.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Ok. This time, the Alliance get a huge fortress and the Horde can have 3 tents and a wooden tower. Fair's fair.
    Are you talking about pre-cata Stormwind and Orgrimmar?

    I don't see Dalaran going Alliance only but if they did they would have to give the Horde an equivalent faction. That is why so many of the Alliance heroes/ factions are neutral in WoW......guess maybe the Horde could get the Earthen Ring as a Horde only equivalent.

  7. #207
    Warchief Velthy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    2,164
    We are getting new expansion, with a new capital cities and also we also got fraction capital cities already updated in Cata. I dont understand we would i care bout Dalaran, 2 expansions old capital city.

    Signature made by my best friend Aryiana.

  8. #208
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Burning Orcs in Kalimdor
    Posts
    960
    siege of orgrimmar ends with Jaina landing Dalaran ontop of the Orc city.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Horde players then lose, lorewise, the connection they had to dalaran. and since the horde came to dalarans call in wrath, dealt with the blue dragonflight for them, answered the call they gave to go to ulduar, it takes the piss that because of the actions of one bad apple killing all Jaina's people, that this could tie to dalaran and have the horde lose the standing with it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 04:36 PM ----------



    Garrosh didn't start a war with the kirin tor, Theramore and Dalaran have not had any connections since the grand alliance fell apart and dalaran closed itself off from the world.
    If the Sunreavers stole the Focusing Iris from the Kirin Tor on Garrosh's order, this is reason enough for Dalaran to boot the Horde out for breaking neutrality.

  10. #210
    Maybe the Aliance will stop crying about Horde favoritism with this. Although, I know a lot of Horde who are still working on their Books, Coins and a few other achievements that are going to be pissed beyond belief.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    If the Sunreavers stole the Focusing Iris from the Kirin Tor on Garrosh's order, this is reason enough for Dalaran to boot the Horde out for breaking neutrality.
    Oooooh. Story development, gotta love it. The world is changing folks get ready for a bumpy ride.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Are you talking about pre-cata Stormwind and Orgrimmar?

    I don't see Dalaran going Alliance only but if they did they would have to give the Horde an equivalent faction. That is why so many of the Alliance heroes/ factions are neutral in WoW......guess maybe the Horde could get the Earthen Ring as a Horde only equivalent.
    They don't need to if Dalaran isn't a faction with which you can earn reputation and buy items.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Maybe the Aliance will stop crying about Horde favoritism with this. Although, I know a lot of Horde who are still working on their Books, Coins and a few other achievements that are going to be pissed beyond belief.
    Don't be so sure. As mentioned, there's copies of several npc's in the past. Heck Thrall is still warchief in Northrend. So it is plausible for there to be 2 Dalarans. Dalaran of the past which is at war with the scourge, and Dalaran of the present. And I firmly believe it would appear over the Ruins of Theramore, since that zone appears to be the only one being changed for MoP.

    So basically, Dalaran in Northrend, will still be there if you goto Northrend. And a new copy of Dalaran would be in the post cataclysm world. Pretty simple. No need to change northrend content at all.
    Last edited by Alewen; 2012-07-17 at 04:08 PM.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Horde players then lose, lorewise, the connection they had to dalaran. and since the horde came to dalarans call in wrath, dealt with the blue dragonflight for them, answered the call they gave to go to ulduar, it takes the piss that because of the actions of one bad apple killing all Jaina's people, that this could tie to dalaran and have the horde lose the standing with it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 04:36 PM ----------



    Garrosh didn't start a war with the kirin tor, Theramore and Dalaran have not had any connections since the grand alliance fell apart and dalaran closed itself off from the world.
    whine,whine,whine, and you started war with new Kirin Tor ruler so.. i thought you're warrior race not whiney race..deal with it..war has consequences especially when u wipe out whole cities..so again deal with it..You wanted war, you got it, now don't whine cause it has bit you on the ass..

  15. #215
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb
    Posts
    2,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Don't be so sure. As mentioned, there's copies of several npc's in the past. Heck Thrall is still warchief in Northrend. So it is plausible for there to be 2 Dalarans. Dalaran of the past which is at war with the scourge, and Dalaran of the present. And I firmly believe it would appear over the Ruins of Theramore, since that zone appears to be the only one being changed for MoP.
    Which would be the training ground for the Alliance force in the siege of Orgrimmar.

  16. #216
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
    she will take over for rhonin, but she wont kick horde out of dalaran for the simple fact that they just announced that in Each faction's capital city in Vale of the Eternal Blossoms instead of auction houses they have portals to all cities including DALARAN and shattrath. So if there were no horde in dalaran there would be no need for them to implement a portal there.
    Thank you for pointing that out. Honestly people here are deluded by "rule of cool" instead of "rule of practicality"


    Of course it would be cool if Dalaran landed in Lordaeron and we took back Lordaeron and still killed Garrosh and ended the Horde right there.


    But it won't happen because, unlike a RTS game, WoW has to keep going. In the end, we will emerge from MoP with the status quo intact. No capitals lost, no capitals gained, no "red kalimdor, blue eastern kingdoms." Southshore won't return. Gilneas won't become used. The Alliance won't move out of S.Barrens.
    In the end, someone going 1-60 in 6.0 will see the same war we ended in 5.3.
    Unsubscribed 3/10/2014 - 8/14/2014.
    "Times change."

    Beware the claims of yearly expansions. It's not more hype more often, it's paying more for less. Fewer tiers, no more new levels, no more new races/classes, but an ever-increasing price tag....

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Which would be the training ground for the Alliance force in the siege of Orgrimmar.
    Exactly. It would add a whole new element to the storyline of Dustwallow Marsh. A story I might add, that wasn't changed at all in Cata. And it's story came in during BC. So would make sense then, for it's story to change in the expansion following the vanilla content updates.

  18. #218
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb
    Posts
    2,189
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Of course it would be cool if Dalaran landed in Lordaeron and we took back Lordaeron and still killed Garrosh and ended the Horde right there.
    Alewen suggested moving it so it floats above the ruins of Theramore.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Thank you for pointing that out. Honestly people here are deluded by "rule of cool" instead of "rule of practicality"


    Of course it would be cool if Dalaran landed in Lordaeron and we took back Lordaeron and still killed Garrosh and ended the Horde right there.


    But it won't happen because, unlike a RTS game, WoW has to keep going. In the end, we will emerge from MoP with the status quo intact. No capitals lost, no capitals gained, no "red kalimdor, blue eastern kingdoms." Southshore won't return. Gilneas won't become used. The Alliance won't move out of S.Barrens.
    In the end, someone going 1-60 in 6.0 will see the same war we ended in 5.3.
    LOL you say that but Southshore was in fact taken away, the Alliance moved into S.Barrens, and Theramoore an Alliance city is being wiped out. WoW changed a lot in Cata and I think the DEVs aren't done yet.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

  20. #220
    Epic! Bosbeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Batcave
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Dave Kosak's tweet :

    ""Jaina's response to Theramore will be explored in Christie Golden's upcoming novel, and later in the Mists patch cycle. Neutral? Pah! ""

    Dalaran will no longer be a neutral city given its leader won't be neutral either. Jaina will remain an Alliance character, she will remain committed to the war, and Dalaran will be Theramore's replacement for sure.
    No. she's only pissed of at Garrosh because of what HE did, and not the Horde. because in the end of Mists, Garrosh will no longer be warchief of the Horde. so their is no reason for Jaina to be pissed of at the new Horde Warchief and the Horde itself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •