Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What did you do with the money earned from the RMAH ?

The most EPIC reason why I think Diablo 3 is the absolute MAX...

I just bought me an SPI Fantasy board wargame "Swords and Sorcery" (1978) on ebay with the profits I made from the RMAH.

The first time ever I could buy me a board wargame by ... playing a fantasy computer game.

I'll never forget this.

Seriously, I can't seem to go back to normal AH in other games now.

Wanna hear what you did with the earnings after 6 weeks ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing yet. I'm probably gonna spend it on some new fantasy books to read but for now I've not spent any of it. Gratz on your purchase by the way!

Guess your on the US? Cause EU RMAH is sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by deef View Post
    No actually I am from the EU.

I almost made 30 Euros by selling gear (6.85 EU highest) and converting Gold to fabricating higher Gems on the RMAH.

I tell you I was looking for this fantasy board game for 30 years now (and finally someone sold it in the UK). I think it was printed far below 1000 copies at that time.

Also... is there any one else who feels a "normal" AH in WOW etc ... is rather a waste of time now ?

Quote Originally Posted by deef View Post
    A few more items and I'm ordering a new 46" TV and I play in EU.

Deleted
    Haven't sold a lot on the EU RMAH to be honest, I don't really need the extra cash and I'd rather put my items on the gold AH to buy more gear for myself so I can have more fun totally zerging stuff down in the later acts

But I have put up a few things - couple of legendaries, a few gems, a bit of gold mostly just out of curiosity... Enough to buy me Max Payne 3, Assassins Creed: Revalations and the Civ V bundle on the steam sale anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    A few more items and I'm ordering a new 46" TV and I play in EU.
    I think you need nerf! Also big gratz. I've also noticed that EU RMAH isn't as dead as people claim it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I think you need nerf! Also big gratz. I've also noticed that EU RMAH isn't as dead as people claim it to be.
    You need the right items and patience, some people think it's dead because their items don't sell the first time around while the reason can be as simple as the customers don't have the cash at hand that day, it's not like they can go farm it in game.

It must be the suckers playing in the EU, but in the US people won't spend more than 0.25$ on anything unless it's true end-game gear, which I have never looted anything close to it.

Unless of course you EU players are looting thousands of possible semi-end-game items that could actually sell. If I'm lucky enough to loot anything with more than 2 desirable stats, I just wind up keeping it for my own toons.

Right now I have a grand total of $3.81 in my account, selling 5 items that didn't totally suck in some 3 weeks of playing.

If I moved to Cambodia and worked in a sweat shop I'd make more money.

Deleted
    Great another RMAH bragging thread, as if we didn't have enough of those already.

And since we're all bragging here I might as well join you. I bought a house, nothing fancy of course, but a house for 85 000 € in real life.

Deleted
    After having 5-10 auctions up for a week or so not selling anything I finally made some sales this weekend.

Sold 2 hand crossbows for quite a bit (€69.99 and €29.99) and a few items for ~€5,-, netting me around €100 at the moment.

As for what I'm going to do with it, no clue. My goal was to get my €60 Diablo 3 purchase back, but now I want to make more. Possibly trying to get enough for a new videocard or the likes, or maybe even a new PC.

This is all from the EU RMAH.

Deleted
    all i have sold is two 100% crit gems for 37 euro each. the conversion isn't that great compared to other possible routes but it's the only one i could find that works. i have mainly spent it on the steam sales so far. i have probably bought around 10 games which will hopefully fulfill my gaming needs after cashing out of diablo.

Deleted
    Gone into my savings account, oh I did buy a jumbo indoor rabbit cage/hutch/house that I'm going to keep some white English quail in sometime down the line. I'm going to attempt to hatch some chicks from a breeder. I used to have some before I went off to university they're not very bright birds but are very friendy and sociable and make lovely pets, they'll sit on your lap and doze off while you watch the telly.

More gear Probably shouldn't of but I'm still having fun and it's let me farm A3 faster.

Made ~$200 from drops (got lucky with a few really amazing necks and near (97%) perfect DH set pants). Spent probably $70 on gear upgrades. I'm now facerolling A3 and making ~$5/hour average. Highest item i've sold was $46.

If you're struggling to sell items, think of everything as having 50% of what you want for it. i.e. If similar items to yours are posted for around $30. Put yours up at $15 min bid, no buyout and just be happy it sold rather than it sitting in your stash for a month.

Deleted
    Going to buy mom a vacation when I have enough, her birthday is coming so it's a pretty good gift, I think Still long way to go though..

I bought my mommah a car and I spent the rest on pcp.

I've made a total of 7 bucks from the RMAH. i used half of it to buy my friend some really nice DemonHunter gloves for $3 and i bought something for my barb i dont play anymore. Still have 25c on my balance tho. I wish i could make some decent money on the RMAH.

Deleted
    Got something like $220 from the EU RMAH, sent it into my bank account from PayPal almost immediately, it just sits with my "normal" money. Can't say I ever had a special plan to do something with the earnings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in D2 your run-of-the-mill players would need little reason to do MF runs other than to have the best gear in the game, as well as help our your friends. It's pretty sad that it takes a system that rewards you real life money in order to keep playing a game. I'm actually quite disgusted. Now instead of people saying "lol you're a n00b, L2AWP" I'll have to hear people say "lol you're a n00b L2RMAH" or "you're so old fashion! just look at my 42 inch TV I got!".

I'm simply ashamed of this generation of gamers. It's absolutely full of disgusting sheep and digital hoarders.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Back in D2 your run-of-the-mill players would need little reason to do MF runs other than to have the best gear in the game, as well as help our your friends. It's pretty sad that it takes a system that rewards you real life money in order to keep playing a game. I'm actually quite disgusted. Now instead of people saying "lol you're a n00b, L2AWP" I'll have to hear people say "lol you're a n00b L2RMAH" or "you're so old fashion! just look at my 42 inch TV I got!".

I'm simply ashamed of this generation of gamers. It's absolutely full of disgusting sheep and digital hoarders.
    People still sold good items for real cash and if the option was there in game the same way it is in D3 it would have been exactly the same...get over it. All I see is jealousy in your post. While I haven't tried selling anything in the RMAH it's pretty much what I always wanted out of a video game. It's something to make a little extra cash along side having fun playing a video game. The problem is people take video games too seriously now.

You sound bitter and out of touch.