Thread: Is D3 dead?

Is D3 dead?

Hey guys, I logged on since three weeks and my first sight is the general lack of any human being conversating in the chat window, but instead, gold spammers up the ass. I try to find a public game, and it says ''could not find player'' half the time, and the other half it's just normally one guy who doesn't even speak.

Can someone tell me how to get back on track here? None of my real ID friends even play anymore, so I'm stuck playing alone

It died for most people a week after it was released. I am still shocked to find people that still play it. I think the one's who do are the one's who get paid to play, but that's about it. The game is just... blehhhhh. My signature's videos pretty much explain a small part of it.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    It died for most people a week after it was released. I am still shocked to find people that still play it. I think the one's who do are the one's who get paid to play, but that's about it. The game is just... blehhhhh. My signature's videos pretty much explain a small part of it.
    That is quite a shame.

I'm just trying to make in the RMAH what i Spent on the game and be done with it!
    Last edited by rakall; 2012-07-17 at 09:11 AM.

Diablo 3 is still alive and kicking. I bought the Collector's Edition and the Standard Edition, like a fool of course but I love collecting so it doesn't matter. But until Diablo 3 is "Fun" again in Inferno, I'm just not going to bother leveling anything up to inferno again. It's a casual game for me, instead of a hardcore that I wished for. Sad, but the games not dead yet.

There are deeper problems than just Inferno though, but it's one that made me stop going any further. No carrot on the stick gameplay = No hardcore gaming for me.

-- caution -- miserable people -- do not cross line --

Quote Originally Posted by rakall View Post
    I'm just trying to make in the RMAH what i spendt on the game and be done with it!
    I made about $15 when it first opened up, and I haven't been able to sell one single item since. To hell with farming for gear in this terrible game, it's not worth trying to make more money.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    I made about $15 when it first opened up, and I haven't been able to sell one single item since. To hell with farming for gear in this terrible game, it's not worth trying to make more money.
    I'm selling gems , for like 6 euros 5 emerald stars it's crazy.

I'm surprised people have such a negative impression of this game from what you guys are saying.

If I recall, when it launched, people thought it was the best game ever.

Lack of content ruined it for me.
    It's still installed but I hardly play it..
    Did not expected this from a game which has been in development for over 11 years.

Still play and enjoy it. Don't mind farming and leveling new characters. Plenty of other people I know enjoy it as well.

Simple answer: Blizzard at least fixed 'quit general chat' option in the last patch - now it's being saved correctly and not dropping to it's default after every logout. Finnaly I don't have to do it every time I login to prevent all of this goldselling stuff poping up in my chat.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

God...these threads crack me up every time. It's not dead, but it's calmed down just like any other game after release.

Deleted
    quit at lvl 47. it was fun for a while then it just got terribly boring

I guess people still haven't realized that D3 isn't an MMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    When this happened in D2 I used to play closed battle.net with randoms for a while. I guess it's no different here and it's hard to say whether summer season has an impact as well.

It's always been the case, 1-2 months people play intensively then quit because the game which kept them occupied for almost two months gets boring. Then once in a while some people coming back especially after major patches or expansion releases. There will always be people who keep on playing the same game for years even if the public opinion is largely negative.

I still got a few friends playing online but since we are in the same clan it doesn't really matter for me whether they keep playing that game or not.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried really really hard to love it but after 500 hours of game play over 2 chars i didnt get a single upgrade once.
    By Blizzard making the AH mandatory they killed the game themselves imo, My entire wow guild (25+ people) started the game when i did and none of us play it anymore.
    My advice to anyone now is sell all your gear on the RMAH and uninstall the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just that the item grind has no real point to it apart from enabling you to kill act 1 inferno just a little bit faster or die a little less in the higher difficulties. Why would one bother playing it, just for piles and piles of faceless random items?

Newsflash for some people!!!!

Diablo 3 is not an MMO and won't be getting constant content updates! It's a dungeon crawler, and in a dungeon crawler you kill stuff in dungeons!

Deleted
    Closing this, we've had plenty of other complaints/rant threads in the past.