Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    If you are serious about this, there is nothing more to say than: you are a terrible player, it's harsh, but it's true.
    Someone out there still thinks acts 2-4 are something other than a giant gear check? Fascinating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    So how does not getting any decent drops make me a bad player? Please explain im dieing to hear the logic behind this one. Wait a second I get it. If somehow I spend $1000 on the RMAH for awesome gear and then start facerolling ACT 3 then Im a good player? OK I got it now. Thanks for clearing that up. I was bad not because of lack of skill but because I cant get drops to save my life. If only I figured out sooner that I needed to spend RL money on gear to buy skill.
    But can't you sell drops you get from act I and II and buy gear with those? I realize that the really good gear is all 20 million and more but you don't need that to clear the game. Your best bet for an economy reset, or near enough, is with the expansion, and hope that blizzard sees reason and re-introduces the ladder seasons (that of course would mean the removal of the level cap, and if it were to happen - I sadly doubt it - won't be until the expansion either).

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How long would it take, though, for the prices to rise back up again? Not too long as people who move a lot of stock (lucky or just good with playing the AH) amass a fortune and suddenly the prices are all high again.
    So then this game is permentately screwed only 2 months into it because theres no way for anyone who didnt cheat or exploit there way to having mass amounts of gold to ever be able to afford decent gear. Im starting to wonder what flavor crack Blizzard was smoking when they thought all this up.

Even though WoW also has a serious bot problem and also lots of players with hundreds of thounds and even milliosn of gold it actually makes stuff like ore, herbs, and other materials cheaper. Also epic armor is dirt cheap allowing you to go from fresh 85 to raiding in the same day. So why the hell did the reverse happen in this game?

15+ Year Old Account
    Instead of that they should have added a track system of all items/gold so that they could delete the items from hackers and exploits instead of what they do now. Which is just restore everything from the hacked account without removing the items the hackers got from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    But can't you sell drops you get from act I and II and buy gear with those? I realize that the really good gear is all 20 million and more but you don't need that to clear the game. Your best bet for an economy reset, or near enough, is with the expansion, and hope that blizzard sees reason and re-introduces the ladder seasons (that of course would mean the removal of the level cap, and if it were to happen - I sadly doubt it - won't be until the expansion either).
    Act 1 you usually get crap drops still lots of sub 60 gear and mostly 61s. You can maybe get 25k tops for 61s now. I have even tried selling stuff with resist all, vit, and stats for 10-15k and it gets returned to me the next day expired. It would take you 100s of sales to even get a few upgrades at current prices.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 09:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Instead of that they should have added a track system of all items/gold so that they could delete the items from hackers and exploits instead of what they do now. Which is just restore everything from the hacked account without removing the items the hackers got from it.
    Really? so I should just let my account get keylogged, wait a week while they farm, then report it compromsed so i get all their gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Act 1 you usually get crap drops still lots of sub 60 gear and mostly 61s. You can maybe get 25k tops for 61s now. I have even tried selling stuff with resist all, vit, and stats for 10-15k and it gets returned to me the next day expired. It would take you 100s of sales to even get a few upgrades at current prices.
    On average yes the drops in act I are worse than in act III but you can clear act I a lot faster so it should average out. I've found plenty of decent stuff in act I that's worth selling. I realize that ilvl 61 loot is difficult to sell but that's not the only thing that drops in Act I.

10+ Year Old Account
    So then this game is permentately screwed only 2 months into it because theres no way for anyone who didnt cheat or exploit there way to having mass amounts of gold to ever be able to afford decent gear. Im starting to wonder what flavor crack Blizzard was smoking when they thought all this up.

Even though WoW also has a serious bot problem and also lots of players with hundreds of thousands and even millions of gold it actually makes stuff like ore, herbs, and other materials cheaper. Also epic armor is dirt cheap allowing you to go from fresh 85 to raiding in the same day. So why the hell did the reverse happen in this game?
    No, it's screwed because people won't take the time to grind OR play the AH (either option is viable), and just want to lol their way through Act 2+ because they were able to do it in normal, nightmare, and hell mode.

WoW and D3 aren't the same. At all. D3's grind requires you to use something, either trading, crafting, or the AH to make it. You could, potentially, get through WoW without ever stepping foot in the AH.

No, it's screwed because people won't take the time to grind OR play the AH (either option is viable), and just want to lol their way through Act 2+ because they were able to do it in normal, nightmare, and hell mode.

WoW and D3 aren't the same. At all. D3's grind requires you to use something, either trading, crafting, or the AH to make it. You could, potentially, get through WoW without ever stepping foot in the AH.
    Thats the main problem. A game should be about killing baddies for loot not playing the AH. Not everyone is good at playing the AH so why should they be punished for it? I usually play 5-6 hours a day farming so obviously Im putting in the time or is that not enough? Why should someone who is good at playing the AH be able to get more gear than me in just 15 minutes? Thats just terrible and doesnt belong in a game. The AH should be used for filler not a crutch. The majority of gear you wear should come from farming or selling stuff your class cant use and buying something your class can. But thats not how it works. Its hit the AH or dont play. I have never heard of a game where you dont get gear from monsters but have to buy it off the AH.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a hack and slash dungeon grind game but the only way to actually get loot is to buy it off the AH. What the hell sense does that make? Gear should come from grinding Acts while getting drops that progress you into the next Act but thats hardly how this game works. Basically if you fail at playing the AH you will fail at the game. Does anyone else find something very wrong with that? Gear should come from farming and maybe buying an upgrade or two if you sell an item you dont need for your class. You shouldnt be forced to buy every single piece of gear off the AH.
    It`s very easy to understand why it happens this way, and the AH itself is not to blame. D3 is built around trading gear. If you are able to farm most of your own gear, then you will get a lot more useful drops for the other classes. For simplicity, let`s classify armor as Str / Int / Dex (based on the highest mainstat). Say you are a int user. Affixes are probably uniformly randomized, so you can expect that 33% of your drops would be with int. But the other 66% will be with str or dex. Thus, you will get double amount of items good for others than you get for yourself. This happens to every person playing, thus, you are more likely to find upgrades from the many, many, many other people playing than just yourself. Of course, not all drops will be good drops, but the percentages remain.
    An easier example (very simplified): say you want to get an upgrade for yourself (thus, a good drop) once per day. Then, most likely, you will get 2 other good drops which you won`t need (different main stat). Same thing happens for other inferno players, let`s say there are 10k of them on a given region (probably more, but irrelevant). In that day, the other 10k players (not counting yourself) would also get 1 upgrade each, but they would also get 20k good items, which can be also good for you. So while you get 1 good drop for you, per day, there will be 20k other drops coming up at AH every day. Within one week, gear will be very easily available for everyone.

The evolution of the D3 economy is pretty natural; it`s simply the way a trading game works. Since D3 has a far bigger active player base (in terms of trading, because it was a lot more difficult to trade in D2), these things look more "obvious" and they happen at a larger scale.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Someone out there still thinks acts 2-4 are something other than a giant gear check? Fascinating.
    you know you have overdosed on Star Trek TOS when you read this and you hear it in Spocks voice.

Back OT though
    yes, a complete wipe would help. but only for a few hours / days at the most. During this time people would simply keep posting items at the old prices knowing that they are worth it, and the gold will be back in the economy in a few days any way to make it so these items are valuable again.
    there would also be a few people who buy some gold, then start clearing up all the bargins off the AH and flipping them for major money.
    Blizzard would also have to deal with the vast amounts of complaints regarding people loosing GF / MF sets as they where wiped out from the inventory's, not to mention the back lash from people loosing items off the RMAH.

There is only one possible solution that could even come close to being called a fix. Inferno drops are actually made useful.
    None of this Level 63 weapons with 200dps on, or items which make no sense what so ever. example Wizzard off hand with dexterity o.O
    IE once you hit inferno it no long drops anything below level 60 and is useful to someone.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2012-07-17 at 02:04 PM.

Deleted
    It will never ever happen. While I agree that the economy is messed up as a result of all the exploits in the beginning the fact remains that by deleting everything Blizzard will alienate near enough their entire player base.
    They're alienating their player base with the inflation on the AH as well.

I'm close to quitting and I know many already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    There is only one possible solution that could even come close to being called a fix. Inferno drops are actually made useful.
    None of this Level 63 weapons with 200dps on, or items which make no sense what so ever. example Wizzard off hand with dexterity o.O
    IE once you hit inferno it no long drops anything below level 60 and is useful to someone.
    Wouldnt this even hurt the economy more? If Inferno only dropped level 60 gear then even more would low end gear would be flooded onto the market in more level 61s since most people are farming Act 1. So say I play a wizard and I get some Str gear I wanna sell so i can buiy Int gear. There is so much Str gear on the AH because every drop in Inferno is now level 60 that I can hardly get anything for it. But again the items I want are still insanely overpriced. The only stuff I can afford is equal to my current gear so in the end nothing has actually changed. It does help new characters get geared but doesnt help you upgrade anything.

I will go one step further that will help people get geared at a reasonable rate and also let them get drops to sell or trade. Make the drops for level 62s and 63s equal in ALL acts. So if its 16% or whatever it is in Acts 3/4 for a level 63 to drop then its also 16% in Acts 1 and 2 as well. That will let people upgrade their character as they move through Inferno at a constant rate which doesnt require them to be playing 12 hours a day for a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    They're alienating their player base with the inflation on the AH as well.

I'm close to quitting and I know many already have.
    While true wiping out everything will not accomplish anything, and will alienate more players. Who on earth likes to lose all their stashed gear and gold? I sure don't and I don't even have that much. You are basically suggesting in order to punish those that exploited, let's punish the innocent people who worked hard for their wealth. That's never going to go down well.

While true wiping out everything will not accomplish anything, and will alienate more players. Who on earth likes to lose all their stashed gear and gold? I sure don't and I don't even have that much. You are basically suggesting in order to punish those that exploited, let's punish the innocent people who worked hard for their wealth. That's never going to go down well.
    Because most people with 100s of million in gold wearing gear that lets them do Act 3 and 4 in their sleep did not get it through legitimate ways. Im not saying everyone with good gear cheated. Some people are just lucky and got good drops. But whenever I watch a stream and the guy is blowing up Act 3 like the unibomber and hes got 200 million gold with a full stash I dont think "Man this guy is good" I think "What did this guy exploit to get all that stuff"

You're absolutely correct about WoW... put the time in, or be in an organized guild, and you'd never need the AH, aside from maybe things that cost a pittance anyhow.

Gaming the AH takes money to begin with... the more you have, the greater your chances of actually making a profit of course. The grinding route problem in this game is that.... well, it's just not a very interesting or rewarding proposition. Your average player, in averagely good gear (ie, no MF or GF) will do the normal act 1 route in about 30 minutes, net about 50-60k in gold after selling blues and rares, and possibly yield one piece that is AH-worthy, with a starting bid of a few thousand over vendor price.

Despite stories otherwise, that's how most act 1 runs actually go. That's 8-10 hours of farming to be in the running for one upgrade. If you're looking for good weapons or rings, you're looking at well over 50 hours per slot if you don't have some fortunate drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because most people with 100s of million in gold wearing gear that lets them do Act 3 and 4 in their sleep did not get it through legitimate ways. Im not saying everyone with good gear cheated. Some people are just lucky and got good drops. But whenever I watch a stream and the guy is blowing up Act 3 like the unibomber and hes got 200 million gold with a full stash I dont think "Man this guy is good" I think "What did this guy exploit to get all that stuff"
    But despite that, you still penalize people with quite some gold who got it the legit way. I'm not rich but I got 20 million gold, and I would be seriously annoyed if one day I log on and it's all gone, and I can guarantee you I'm not the only one.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2012-07-17 at 02:37 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will go one step further that will help people get geared at a reasonable rate and also let them get drops to sell or trade. Make the drops for level 62s and 63s equal in ALL acts. So if its 16% or whatever it is in Acts 3/4 for a level 63 to drop then its also 16% in Acts 1 and 2 as well. That will let people upgrade their character as they move through Inferno at a constant rate which doesnt require them to be playing 12 hours a day for a month.
    No point to do anything else than A1 then. A1 is already the best choice for anyone that can`t steamroll A3, simply because of the speed. Even if the drop rate (for 63s) is 4x lower, you will most likely clear packs 4x faster. Right now, the risk/reward ratio favors A1 farming, if anything they should tweak the odds even further to encourage farming A3.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Anything that will let you farm Act 3,4,ponies is 50+ mil a piece.
    If you want to be taken seriously, you shouldn't make complete bullshit claims like these.

The problem isnt' that there are botters and exploits etc etc. Its teh fact that Blizz can make money off micro transactions. This was the whole point of the game. Do not even try to say anything different. They saw RIOT making money with a similar concept with people buying skins in LoL. They wanted to duplicate it in a similar way.

Before I get flamed, I do not disagree with the concept. Blizz has to make money and Diablo could never be a sub game. That being said they implemented the game in teh worse way possible for players, but it has been released in teh best way possible for them to make money on transactions.

I am sorry but when you nerf something like Attack speed at the same time you release the RMAH? Come on man!

Now we are waiting fo rteh release of PVP. Why so long? Because they are waiting for the market to be flooded so when people realize they have to change there gear around again, they will make money off teh transactions.

Yes I am aware that you never have to PAY ANY REAL MONEY. But to beat the guys that will spend real money in pvp you will have to. More money for Blizz. Again I do not have a problem with it.

The game is set up to spend a little money. LoL is set up so you can play fro free, but it gets infinitely better having extra rune pages to play around with.

The only way to solve this in my opinion is to cap the gold AH like the RMAH. Just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats the main problem. A game should be about killing baddies for loot not playing the AH. Not everyone is good at playing the AH so why should they be punished for it? I usually play 5-6 hours a day farming so obviously Im putting in the time or is that not enough? Why should someone who is good at playing the AH be able to get more gear than me in just 15 minutes? Thats just terrible and doesnt belong in a game. The AH should be used for filler not a crutch. The majority of gear you wear should come from farming or selling stuff your class cant use and buying something your class can. But thats not how it works. Its hit the AH or dont play. I have never heard of a game where you dont get gear from monsters but have to buy it off the AH.
    Don't get me wrong. I think the grind is too much here. That doesn't change that just clearing the AH out and resetting everyone's gold would do nothing in the long-term.