Thread: Druid PVP

Deleted

Druid PVP

Hello,
    me and my friend have lvled a Druid he is staying to play with his druid im switching back to my main,, he is new in WoW never played a MMO just some games on xbox for fun.. now he is trying wow and he will focus on PVP... what will be the best/easest specc with a druid to start with>?
    Hope you can tell me how you think about it..

he lvled like boomkin and switched to kitty dps,,
    Thankss...

He'll probably have an easier time doing well as Feral.

stick to feral. i find easy for a newbie to stick to a target. but kiting as a newbie can be a pain. and when he is fully gear at 85 let him watch feral pvp video's maybe even a guide. and ofc arena junkies is a good place to ask for any arena info

Depends on what he's trying to do.

For Rated Battlegrounds, Balance is generally the best Druid spec for its ability to spam DoTs on everyone (and some control as well as the occasional burst); however, it is very frustrating to play in 1v1 because Blizz destroyed hybrid specs. You cannot defend yourself or set up a kill on your own.

Resto is pure garbage, as Blizz turned it into a PvE spec with Catacylsm. Of all the healers, you are the most vulnerable to pure pressure from damage, target switches, Purge, ... well, everything except Mana Burn (which is nowhere near as strong as it was during BC/WotLK) and CC. You also have no I-Win cooldowns (one of the most important factors in Arena) apart from Tree of Raidhealing, which allows you to spam a horribly inefficent Flash Heal instantly, thus draining your mana while you prolong your inevitable demise.

Feral, while also suffering from a long history of being despised by Blizz (it's always been strong against their two pet classes, an issue they finally managed to put to rest with 4.0.6), is the strongest in Arena, particularly 3v3. It's somewhat boring because Feral is originally designed for skirmishes, not glorified duels in a playground sandbox, thus you don't really get to use its full potential. Thanks to an unending deluge of tears from ignoramuses Blizz will also further dumb down the spec by cutting it in half with MoP.

I think he should go boomkin because MoP is right around the corner and Feral at this point its not looking so good while Balance is looking awesome. For a new player learning Feral now just to kinda get nerfed and learn Balance can be very frustrating. There is not a lot of nerfing in Xbox and the concept can be hard to accept. My 2 cents.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    Boomkin is the easiest spec to do well with and still be competative in RBGs, not so much in arenas.
    Feral is harder to do well with that boomkin but if you dont have problems handling many abilities then go for it.
    Resto is fun to play but it is currently the worst healer in pvp and needs 24/7 babysitting from your friends to succeed.

Go for boomkin!