Deleted

Replace profession now or when i get to level 90?

Hello!

Im in a situation where i have no idea of what i should do.

My Death Knight currently have Jewelcrafting and Mining. And i want to replace my Mining with Engineering come MoP. The problem is that i dont know what order to do it in.

If i gather the mats for engineering now in cata and then level up my Engineering. So that i have both max when MoP comes, then i cant level them up further to 600 because i dont have mining to gather the mats.
    -"Cant you just farm nodes on another character?"
    The first thing i want to do when MoP comes is to level my DK up and then gear him, and get him going to start raiding. I dont want to go and level a alt the second i get my DK to 90 just because i need it to level my professions. And i need to have my alt at level 90 because thats the level you can fly in pandaria.

The second method is to just go with the stuff i have now, i just level up normally with mining and JC. But by the time i have gathered mats for my jewelcrafting AND engineering 1-600. The engineering stuff wont have the same effect that it would have had if i had them right as i got to 90. To get the goggles right as i get to 90.

Sorry for my english and use of words.

EDIT: I cannot AH level any profession because im on a dead server, i dont have the gold for it.

Really thankful for any response.

Deleted
    I find engineering is the one most people get rid of when changing professions. make sure you know its more a vanity profession rather than massive money maker.

If you do not have a miner as a backup to your jc then you are dependant on others to supply you with mats. Be warned if money is important.

If you wnat engineering then get a leveling guide, collect the mats whilst cheap and then level when you feel its best. If you bought the mats cheap then when you actually switch is less important.

Deleted
    I know, i want it for the vanity stuff. I am not planning on making money from it. That will JC do for me.

I leveled Engineering the other day full using this guide http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ing-guide.html
    I already had quite a few materials(Ore/Bars, Elemental things from outland and Northrend) And the rest I bought at the AH or farmed it like silkcloth as it costs 40g a 20stack.
    I payed 4k to do all this using the guide;> and people i know spend like 6k or even 10k

But a question, also JC needs mining, as you prospect the ores to have jewels.... or am I wrong? If I would be you, I would give engineering to another alt instead of a character who already has 2 matching proffessions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given your constraints, the answer seems obvious: Wait.

Gather all the mats for Eng 1-525 now.

As you level to 90, gather mats for Eng and JC from 525-600.

Switch Mining to Eng.

Problem solved.

Deleted
    -Lethee
    You are right, you need nodes to get ore, which you prospect to get gems.

-videotape
    I have though about that also, its probably the way im going. I like that there was someone else to point that out. Thank you.

Problem is now, i start to doubt i want Engi. Instead im thinking of getting alchemy instead of Engineering. Because i think of all the flask bonuses, duration etc. And its convenient just to craft to yourself. But then i think of Engi again, all the awesome stuff. Such as jeeves and the synapse springs, rocket boots. And all the gadgets such as wormhole and the new MoP mounts. Having a hard time to decide here

Deleted
    Easy, level an alt with alchemy/engineering :-)

Deleted
    -makapipi
    Did you even read the post?

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    Given your constraints, the answer seems obvious: Wait.

Gather all the mats for Eng 1-525 now.

As you level to 90, gather mats for Eng and JC from 525-600.

Switch Mining to Eng.

Problem solved.
    Its tough to wait, but this is probably the exact thing you should do.