Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I like shrooms and use them every day. At least it requires some skill to use and interacts with the world and players unlike many others spells that only have to be clicked and do their thing on the current target. This is why I like Typhoon, Thunderstorm, Shockwave and similar spells too. Makes positioning more important.

10+ Year Old Account
    for the healing mushrooms, i would much prefer if they had a larger radius, a larger heal, and a longer cooldown.
    they would make a geat 1 minute POP! heal that you can set up for a spikey raid damage.

Deleted
    Oh they're not that bad
    I would approve the complete removal or even just reducing the GCD of 'em, it would make the job hell of a lot easier

Take them off GCD and then you can use them while casting other abilities. They wouldn't be so bad then.

Deleted
    IMO shrooms are one of the most fun/collest things balancer ever got. I also used them in Beta as a healer and its awesome to compensate spike group damage. I dont know if this still works but at some point you were even able to leap to them which is great for PvP and PvE.

I played Balance in LSD2.0 and shrooms are great for control and also burst if used correctly.

Deleted
    Shrooms are amazing HPS. Dunno if most people posting have actually tested them on HC beta bosses but they are awesome. The drama over Renewing Mists being OP really got shrooms under the radar. Yeah they are annoying - I agree. But totally worth using most for aoe damage. I -think- I have logs if people don't believe me. Just cba to look for them :P

Hmm with the talent and if you actually spend a couple minutes thinking out pvp fighting they are invaluable in escaping melee attackers. Its not a hard concept and does not need any changing... however that being said there is no reason to raise the number to 5, that is just stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where was the change to 5 (link?).
    tanks don't like you asking them to stay in one spot or stand on Ur shrooms but when u get the timing an pos right they're quite nice and the slow is a god send for fights like beth in 4.2 with all those little adds. with the GCD change in mop i can see allot of the clunkyness removed. however i find most adds still die to fast from other classes aoe
    some fires are red, some fires are blue but you can be assured my moonfire will kill you

Must have changed it back and I missed it in the patch notes too. The tooltip used to say this:

Grow a magical mushroom with 3 health at the target location. After 6 sec, the mushroom will become invisible. When detonated by the Druid, all mushrooms will explode dealing 293 to 353 (+ 34.9% of SpellPower) Nature damage to all nearby enemies within 8 yards. Only 5 mushrooms can be placed at one time.

Google cache link for the unbelievers:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Quote Originally Posted by noodlebox37517 View Post
    Where was the change to 5 (link?).
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...+wild+mushroom
    Scroll down to the druid section and its there. For some reason in beta there still are only 3 mushrooms, not 5 as the "new" build would've suggested.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shrooms were the coolest moonkin spell throughout cata, they were one of the best AoE spells in the game and altough clunky to use it added to it's reward.
    In Mists the change where you can place mushrooms without having to reselect the spell for every mushroom should make it easier and more efficient to use.
    The only problem is that they do crap damage on beta, they are hardly any better than hurricane and do significantly less damae than they do on live. If the numbers get tweaked so that they are actually strong it'll be great again. (this is damage shrooms, not healing)

Mushrooms probably will not change from 3 to 5, it seems that that was incorrect data being datamined.

Sounds like you have issues laying down mushrooms in PvE and want them to be ideal in PvP.

For PvE, if you are having issues getting deacent dps with them, most likely you are laying them down before the tank gathers up all the mobs into one central location or the tank keeps moving the mobs around. Either way, its a fixable problem with solid communication, not changing the game mechanics. Casting the spell for each mushroom has been addressed in the Beta - making them easier to use.

For PvP, not every spell is ideal. Some spells may be great for PvP (cyclone) while others are better suited for PvE ('shrooms). Both have their uses in either situation (cyclone an add on a healer, dropping mushrooms around a flag or in a narrow hallway).

With your suggested changes, mushrooms would be easier to place but would also have its pros/cons. First, if the mob dies before blowing them, the GCDs placing them would be lost. Also, you would not be able to place them prior to a fight or in an area where the tank is pulling the mobs to. You would not be able to pop a stealthie with them, relying on the expensive Hurricane to do the same job.

I prefer them the way they are right now. It takes a little bit of time to get used to the mechanic, but it works just fine on live right now and they are improving the mechanic in Beta.

mushrooms > earthquake i'd love to have that ability as a shaman, looks fun and has a cool niche.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by baller1308 View Post
    Take them off GCD and then you can use them while casting other abilities. They wouldn't be so bad then.
    haha how clueless are you? 3 shrooms really hurts combined with all the dots/instants druids can throw at you, you'd basically be 30% hp before the druid casts 1 single spell just blown up by instants, if you are going to suggest ideas at least think them through.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    mushrooms > earthquake i'd love to have that ability as a shaman, looks fun and has a cool niche.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 04:33 PM ----------

haha how clueless are you? 3 shrooms really hurts combined with all the dots/instants druids can throw at you, you'd basically be 30% hp before the druid casts 1 single spell just blown up by instants, if you are going to suggest ideas at least think them through.
    its because our single spells in pvp are not really worth it, its just worth it to moonfire spam or sunfire atleast without cd's due to the dmg

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    I actually really enjoy the mushrooms. It's one of the very few healer abilities in the game where I feel like my creativity is rewarded for proper use *and* that use is a noticeable benefit to the raid more than once in a blue moon for healing purposes. The only other spell I can think of at this time that has done that for me has been Leap of Faith (which isn't even really a "healer" ability), and I'm definitely finding situations where this spell is a good and fairly unique mechanic to have.

It's not suitable for every situation to be sure, and the spell isn't perfect, but it's not like so many other spells across my classes that are so situational or cumbersome that I just leave said spell off my bars. Mushrooms will be getting use from me.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Deleted
    anyone else having pathing issues with mushrooms? Especially when putting them on elevated or lowered surfaces, I get pathing error :S (just throwing it in there, wild charge also gets it too with the default charge and sometimes travel form charge)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just move them back to 3, instead of 5, and I'll be happy.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Badger badger badger badger badger, mushroom mushroom.

I dont play a druid, but I think Ive seen mushrooms used maybe once in pvp in the entire of Cata that wasnt for shits and giggles. Come to think of it, pve too.
    Moonkins should be using them all the time. Especially in PVE. What kind of druids are you playing with?

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...+wild+mushroom
    Scroll down to the druid section and its there. For some reason in beta there still are only 3 mushrooms, not 5 as the "new" build would've suggested.
    Actually, it seems to be bugged. You have to use it five times to be able to explode three right now. If you use three, you only explode one mushroom.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2012-07-21 at 06:23 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Actually, it seems to be bugged. You have to use it five times to be able to explode three right now. If you use three, you only explode one mushroom.
    It was bugged in the last beta build where when you detonated and hit anything, only 1 would explode. This is fixed now and all 3 mushrooms explode as they are intended.
    As far as I know there has never been a blue post or patch notes to suggest that we'd go from 3 to 5 mushrooms except for some datamined examples. It could just have been that one of the blizz employees made a typo in the tooltip from 3 to 5.

Quote Originally Posted by timbaLt View Post
    Stuff always changes during fights. Adds get moved all the time during fights.

They'll be even worse for healing in MoP. Are you really going to rely on people to stand on Mushrooms to get healed? People don't even click Lightwell.
    You are playing with bad players then.