Thread: Shockadin!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    According to the people I meet in dungeon finder Holy is a perfectly viable DPS now.

I mean, today on Mannoroth in WoE, I pulled maybe 13k dps. This single 2h wielding Fury warrior was only doing like 15k. He was gemming parry. So if I am nearly as good as him then I will be able to play shockadin with the new glyphs and what not we are getting mop.

Thing is I could only keep up such high amounts of DPS for about a min tops. Then I was oom. Good thing there wasn't any fire to stand in since the same warrior stood in all of it for me and ended up kissing the floor pretty hard.
    Yes you can play a weird spec and outdps bad people, just like a disc priest can outdps some retards in raidfinder.
    You miss vital talents for damage tho, all dps trees are build up with damage increases/extra abilities/and others.
    All in all youll be as effective as a petless warlock spamming shadowbolt

And to the guy above me, if that's what viable means to you i guess i can equip 2 white weapons on my DK next time in raidfinder because ill still manage to be 10th on dps.
    Not being the lowest in LFR only means there is someone that's doing even worse. Does that make your spec viable, or him a braindead monkey?
    Last edited by mmoc0c9d2d4515; 2012-07-18 at 10:59 AM.

Yes viable means gets the job done, if your job is to kill bosses and you can do it as a ranged holy paladin dps, then that would be considered viable.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Yes viable means gets the job done, if your job is to kill bosses and you can do it as a ranged holy paladin dps, then that would be considered viable.
    By that logic current Holy dps is 'viable' too in that you can dps and be carried by the rest of the raid doing actual dps.

I love what they've done with Holy and improving its dps output, but let's be serious, it's not a viable dps spec. Much better at putting damage out now, though, so we should be happy until maybe we get that fourth Paladin spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    By that logic current Holy dps is 'viable' too in that you can dps and be carried by the rest of the raid doing actual dps.

I love what they've done with Holy and improving its dps output, but let's be serious, it's not a viable dps spec. Much better at putting damage out now, though, so we should be happy until maybe we get that fourth Paladin spec.
    Then stop using the word viable, that is not what it means, use competitive, that is what you are actually trying to say.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    Except you did judge, get over yourself. He knows more about this one class than you could even possible know about the whole game. Just stop.
    He judged swifty, yes, however, he didn't judged the video, that's what he's on about, apparently you need to learn how to read, oh, and get over yourself.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    According to the people I meet in dungeon finder Holy is a perfectly viable DPS now.

I mean, today on Mannoroth in WoE, I pulled maybe 13k dps. This single 2h wielding Fury warrior was only doing like 15k. He was gemming parry. So if I am nearly as good as him then I will be able to play shockadin with the new glyphs and what not we are getting mop.

Thing is I could only keep up such high amounts of DPS for about a min tops. Then I was oom. Good thing there wasn't any fire to stand in since the same warrior stood in all of it for me and ended up kissing the floor pretty hard.
    I suspect some of what is in your post is hyperbole... but even if it was as accurate of a description of your encounter as you can make it, it actually doesn't doesn't reinforce your argument, it counters it.

You are telling us that some retard Fury warrior, with only a single weapon in a spec designed for dual wielding, gemming parry (Which would assume he has random tank pieces in his gear), and probably was playing his character by just mashing buttons at random from the description you made of it...

All of this, and yet, this guy still managed to beat your DPS by 2k? That doesn't really help your case, it just further proves that Holy has no place trying to be a serious DPS role (Not until they split the spec and make a 4th spec, just like Druids are getting)

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiri View Post
    Quoting myself.
    This guy knows more about the game than me? yeaaah.
    Now I went to watch the video. The Ret paladin was divine storming him for burst, and holy paladin took 26 seconds to kill him (wooh!! dangerous burst right there). Don't be rude especially when you make yourself look like an idiot. I was right even without watching the video. Swifty once again just found some random people where only some of them know what they are doing. Just go watch his cata beta burst video, same things.
    DON'T TAKE ANYTHING THIS GUY SAYS FOR THE TRUTH.
    And what makes you more knowledgeble and more qualified than Swifty? You're just a random forum poster. Swifty is sponsored by Razor. It's kind of his job to know what he's talking about.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

I love that fact that this will increase our PvP utility in arena. Having to not quite play so defensively and giving us some offensive prowess is long over due (think of all the times priests smite your ass when an RMP blows its burst on you).

On a side note - I did have a chance to play 3v3 with 3 shockadins in TBC and we did quite well -we got to 1800! We could drop ANY class by rushing in and all popping our wings, divine favor for guaranteed crit, holyshock, and judgment, followed by hammer of wrath. I don't think i've ever laugh so hard in arena. Thats when judgment put a holy damage debuff on your target, as well as reducing health (was way OP so it got nerfed and eventually removed), and you could hammer of wrath at something stupid like 30% still. Warriors were insta-kill regardless of who they played with. We always struggled after the first person died though, we would have to wait until wings were back and we could split them up so we could gib one.
    Last edited by Treviathon; 2012-07-18 at 06:03 PM.

Then stop using the word viable, that is not what it means, use competitive, that is what you are actually trying to say.
    Competitive implies up there with all the other top dps specs. Viable, to me, implies a dps spec that is lacking, but isn't going to hold the raid back. You could have a raid of these slightly lacking specs and still down a boss before the enrage timer. That's viable to me (and most people in WoW terms). Holy isn't viable as a dps option in these terms. You couldn't down an enrage timer with only Holy level dps. You will hold your raid back.

Well sorry but you can't just make up definitions to words because you feel like it.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Well sorry but you can't just make up definitions to words because you feel like it.
    Oh don't be ridiculous. Viable means a certain thing in WoW. Holy dps isn't viable by that standard.

So if I took a raid full of holy paladin's and killed bosses, would you then call it viable?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

So if I took a raid full of holy paladin's and killed bosses, would you then call it viable?
    If you took five Holy Paladins as dps, and downed a new boss on normal with a tight enrage timer then yes, I'd call that viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    If you took five Holy Paladins as dps, and downed a new boss on normal with a tight enrage timer then yes, I'd call that viable.
    10 or 25 man?
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2012-07-18 at 07:16 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    And what makes you more knowledgeble and more qualified than Swifty? You're just a random forum poster. Swifty is sponsored by Razor. It's kind of his job to know what he's talking about.
    He gets money for getting viewers, do you really think it's because of knowledge he gets so many viewers? Ever heard of charisma?

You're just a random forum poster yourself, determined to defend Swifty to the last. I could try to give you reasons to why I'm more qualified than Swifty in terms of knowing what I talk about, but it's obvious it's directed at deaf ears.

I don't say that everything Swifty says is wrong, I do however say that not everything he says is right. If you're looking for any sort of advice, there are a number of people on these forums that are way more knowledgeable than Swifty.

Regardless, all this Swifty talk is completely off-topic and should stop here. I advice anyone watching his videos to be skeptical and don't trust everything he says.
    Last edited by mmoc8b393fc574; 2012-07-18 at 07:20 PM.

Deleted
    Shockadin is realy cool tbh. It was major fun back in the days especialy in PVP and there were times that in 5 men dungeons you could out-dps poorly geared and poorly skilled dps spec players wich was even more fun.

In MOP we have even more tools to have fun out there and do what we want.... in very easy content you can dps and heal being a true hybrid, in PVP you definately can have lots of fun with it and surprise a lot of people being agressive if you want.

Don't forget this is a game and in a game you should try and have fun, if you find shockadin fun by all means play as one. The game is not 100% of the time pure hard-core progression. I plan to have a dual spec, one as agressive shockadin and other as pure healing. With that, i hope to solo content with ease and PVP with the same spec, and raid as holy in a more serious manner.

Hopefuly, all works out as great fun.

So, healing priests just got hit on their lvl 90 talents, hopefully we are next.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    if your not the lowest in lfr it means it is viable. but you should stick to some random bg and dungeon. sure no raid leader will take you as dps. but random dungeon lfr and heroic will be done as shockadin.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/viable

viable means capable of living. and if your not the lowest on the dps list it means it is viable.

is it going to be a real dps spec? no. but we didn't ask for it. we asked for this fun spec where we could kill undergeared players.
    same as demo warlock tanks will be viable when you make content to easy. so if you want it to be non viable. just increase the diffeculty of the content.

So as long as it can deal with the lowest caliber of the game then it is ok and a good idea?

There is where our opinions differ greatly. Shockadin isn't good, it won't be good, it never was even that good. Yes people in random bgs and LFR (the lowest of the low in terms of skill level) it will do something. But let's be honest, if that is your gauge of what a "good" spec is or not, your standards aren't too high and we have different definitions of what good is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneslayer View Post
    So as long as it can deal with the lowest caliber of the game then it is ok and a good idea?

There is where our opinions differ greatly. Shockadin isn't good, it won't be good, it never was even that good. Yes people in random bgs and LFR (the lowest of the low in terms of skill level) it will do something. But let's be honest, if that is your gauge of what a "good" spec is or not, your standards aren't too high and we have different definitions of what good is.
    My definition of a good spec is something that is fun for you and gives you enjoyment. Because, you know, you pay for the game and games are suposed to be fun for you. If the guy likes to play shockadin and can get away in LFR witout being massacred in the charts and being flamed and has fun with it by all means, the spec is good for him.

Shockadin will never be viable in hardcore guilds, nor will it be viable in competitive high-end spectrum of the game, but if a very highly skilled shockadin can do more dps than a mediocre/bad player in non-competitive content and the shockadin just wants to have fun and not compete towards high-end gamming, why call the spec bad if the spec is performing towards the player expectations?

Just doesn't make sense all this peoples' "hate" towards people who just want to have fun as shockadin.
    The most fun i ever had in this game was in a semi-casual guild that no one gived a damn about min/maxing and were just there for the fun in the game and slow but steady progression. We never had lack of healers, nor tanks, nor dps. Everyone was eager to experiment, choose funky specs, play hybrid. No complaining, no critics-wannabe, no judgements on people's choices.

We had fun. That was many years ago, when there was much less elitism from players and people wanted to play for fun, not for e-peen measurements and charts. We had fun, progress, friendship, everything. That was before this current "generation" of players that mock LFR players and demand they are recognized as superior beings because they do "high-end" content with specs and rotations made from people from Elitist Jerks(dot)com and pretend those math calculations and "skill" are theirs.

People who have addons that pick for them the next ability to use for max dps and then link the damage meters and brush their e-peen saying they are awesome players because they are doing Heroic modes with addons and maths from other people - skill.

Let shockadins alone and have their fun if they want, stop the hate and lame discussions about what is "viable" or not. Viable is to have fun. its a game.

Peace.

I don't think you should assume people who are saying Shockadins aren't viable are saying they aren't fun. I'm currently levelling as Holy and finding it a lot of fun. So far it seems fast enough too - I don't feel like I'm being held back by being in a healing spec.

That said, I wouldn't want to go into a dungeon or raid as a shockadin, especially if it was early in the gear levels and the content was still demanding dps wise. Guess who would be the first to be blames when the add didn't get dpsed down before it exploded, or the boss enraged.