Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Help] Key bindings and Razer Naga

Hey, im a clicker never played with key bidnings except for a few simple things like interrupts but im willing to give it a try, first of all I like the default UI would it still work? also im thinking of getting the Razer Naga if i get into key bindings is there a way to bind spells to it without downloading it's addon cause it don't like its UI but i don't mind changing my UI but not drastically something similar to the default UI cause I don't like cluttered UIs , thanks.

You don't have to change your ui at all. Ive used my razer naga with absolutely no addons before. You would change keybinds just like normal except instead of pressing the key on your keyboard you press the button on your mouse you want to use.

Deleted
    Buttons on the Naga can be remapped to any key. Think of the keypad on the Naga as a kind of auxiliary re-bindable keyboard.

For instance, you can make key #4 on the Naga keypad act as 4, effectively casting your 4th spell on the action bar (the default binding is this one). This works fine with any UI. You can make it press Ctrl-F3 if that's what you need. You can even create macros such as "press shift-2 then 5" and bind that one instead.

My keypad is bound to shift/ctrl-left/middle/right/btn4/btn5 combinations, which I bind on my healing frame addon to cast my spells.

The Naga addon is completely optional. I never use it.
    Last edited by mmoc24bf4b24e6; 2012-07-17 at 05:38 PM.

well can i make the scroll button shift or alt for extra key bindings? also how do u bind the Naga without addons? also is the Naga worth it?

Deleted
    Yes you can use modifier keys for extra bindings, you bind keys the same way you'd bind them on a keyboard

It's very much worth it in my opinion. Took me a few days to get used to all the keys but once you do it's fantastic
    Last edited by mmocd538608e0f; 2012-07-17 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    The bindings are done using the Naga's driver / configuration app, which is not related to WoW, or any application: it just remaps the buttons.

Is the Naga worth it? Personally, I'm very happy with it. Casting when moving feels much easier with it IMHO. And it frees up a lot of keybinds in the keyboard. If mine broke, I would replace it ASAP.

Do not expect to "get imba" as the Naga box advertises, though. But you can expect it to change the way you play, and provide quick access to more spells.

so for example i bind the 1 on the Naga to 1 on the keyboard, so the spells binned to 1 well work with the niaga right?
    Last edited by Palapwn; 2012-07-19 at 12:27 PM.

Why not just save the money and learn to use key-binds the old fashion way? MMO-mouses are gimmicks.

imgur.com/byDQe.jpg <screenshot of old fashion binds with 0 addons/fancy stuff required

10+ Year Old Account
    The Naga's buttons aren't actually "new" buttons technically speaking. They are buttons on your keyboard that have been also mapped to your mouse. I bind mine to the NumPad (The cluster of numbers on the right hand side of the keyboard) so that I can't use 1 - = on my keyboard. There is a switch on the bottom that allows you to do this.

The keys highlighted are the ones you ideally want bound so that you can use the 1- = for other stuff: http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9...sktop50cc9.jpg
    No addon or drivers are required for the Naga to work, although the driver you can download enables you to customise the keys more.

Is the Naga worth it? Hard to say. Personally I get a lot out of it and it's simply highly convenient for binding masses of keybinds without worrying about binding lots of Shift modifiers to stuff on the board all the time.

However! You may want to consider the new Logitech G600 over the Naga. It's a little bit extra customizability which is nice. The number pas on the side is set out much better. Along with the fact that generally speaking Logitech products last longer. I'm personally going to be getting one soon as my Naga RMB has been flickering on and off every now and again when I hold it down so I want a replacement.

I personally find the best way to use the naga is to not put your main rotation on it but use it for your CD's. The way I have my naga setup is I have all my CD's assigned to my numpad keys and my naga set to numpad mode.

So for example button 1 is set to Divine Favor, Button 2 is set to Holy Radiance, Button 3 is my guardian of ancient kings etc etc

and my regular 1 - 0 is setup using mouse over macro's. I find that the most effective way to setup my naga For when i'm tanking/healing. Toons like my Spriest/Warlock/Huntard however I have my naga setup with the rotation being on the side keys.

To be honest it took me AGES to get a setup for my naga that worked well for me. I can definately play without it. But it makes it so much easier to use my CD's having them close on hand without having to press alt etc etc

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

15+ Year Old Account
    I love my naga.

the easiest way to get everything keybound (IMO) is to use bartender, basic action bar mod, and has a lovely keybind button where you can then click on any button and then press the keybind you want for it =D

im particularly bad with macros and what not but I do use the addon "Clique" with my naga as it easily sets up keybinds, keybind modifiers like shift, control, alt, and also can set up mouse over keybinds.
    (sounds like im trying to sell clique, but it really is a good addon for people startign to move from clicking to keybinds)
    edit* also it has no visible UI alterations

I use Bartender to make a new action bar laid out the same as the Naga buttons, so it's a lot easier to see which button is going to do what. As for hitting the right buttons in the first place, that's just a bit of practice.

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it but i just need someone to clarify my post above and tell me if im right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    so for example i bind the 1 on the Naga to 1 on the keyboard, so the spells binned to 1 well work with the niaga right?
    Yes. In that configuration (which is the default), the effect of pressing 1 ont the naga is identical to that of pressing 1 on the keyboard.

Example: 123 <- "typed" with my naga

Get the g600 from logitech it's a lot better than the Naga.

Alright thanks for the help guys, also is it possible to bind the scroll button to alt in order to double the amount of bindings on the mouse by pressing the scroll button with one of the other buttons on the naga?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    Alright thanks for the help guys, also is it possible to bind the scroll button to alt in order to double the amount of bindings on the mouse by pressing the scroll button with one of the other buttons on the naga?
    Just tried this. Bound scroll to alt and #1 to F. Pressing both opens my File menu, as Alt+F does. So it seems to work.

Deleted
    Razer naga is totally worth the money, it helps so much for MMO-games (and other games too), it's easy to use (just takes a few days to get used to it), and you can have loads of keybindings, for example I have nearly all the buttons on it bound togheter with shift also. Thats 14x2=28 keybindings! And of course you can also bind with alt or ctrl also

I just wanted to pop in and agree with those saying to get the logitech g600 instead... same button layout but made by a reliable brand with a rep for quality products. I currently have a Naga, which had to be replaced under warranty after barely 6 months of use, they have a common problem of mouse clicks sticking (double clicking when you only clicked once). Also Razer's new Synapse software is a steaming piece of shit... stores your settings on their cloud and loves to interrupt you frequently with auto updates which can't be disabled or scheduled, just does it whenever the hell it wants and always nags for a reboot.

I've always used logitech in the past and will be going back to them the next time this damn Razer starts acting up (which i suspect won't be long). I admit, I bought into their kewl logo and clever marketing... the fancy box and purdy lights and high price tag had me convinced i was getting a quality product.

I do love the extra buttons though and mapping them is easy (i also have never bothered using their wow addon, completely unneccessary).