Do people actually buy radiant star gems?

Found a radiant star pattern and was wondering if people actually shell out 20-24 mil for those gems on a regular basis? Was thinking about learning it. Or if I put gems up for sale will they just sit there and never sell? It was the Emerald pattern if that matters.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A radiant emerald pattern you say? Last one I sold was 40$ and it sold pretty fast it was pretty funny anyway OP Yes they sell quite frequently from my experience including raw gems most of the time

Now in terms of gold they for within 15m to 20m depending on the hours really, I'd put it for 15m if I was you.

OK was actually lucky getting the emerald cause i already had the previous patterns. I also have the purple radiant star as well. But I dont know if people need that much life on hit. usually doesnt everyone just gem for crit?
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-07-17 at 09:40 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    OK was actually lucky getting the emerald cause i already had the previous patterns. I also have the purple radiant star as well. But I dont know if people need that much life on hit. usually doesnt everyone just gem for crit?
    LoH is god like as well to some classes to a degree =)
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-07-17 at 09:48 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You won`t make much profit out of it. If you buy the mats from AH (700+ gems, 1600+ tomes of secrets), at best you can hope for a 1M profit if you are lucky, 500k if not so lucky. The prices fluctuate a bit so you`ll have to be somewhat lucky. However, you need 15M gold just to craft it, and it takes 15 mins of spamclicking to make one. It`s up to you if you want to do it, but I wouldn`t suggest it, unless you want to craft gems to people without going through the AH, or something.

k might sell the recipe then. But if people are buying them off the AH obviously someone is making them. Cause I never get 0 for sale during a search.

k might sell the recipe then. But if people are buying them off the AH obviously someone is making them. Cause I never get 0 for sale during a search.
    Someone might also be stupid / hacked. I sometimes do see them for less than 15% more than the price of the mats. But as the AH takes a 15% cut, they will actually make a loss. That means that some of the people who try to sell them are bad at Math and forgot about the cut. Or they got hacked.

Edit: if you want to keep the recipe, consider offering the gems in chat / trade forum. This way you can avoid the 15% AH cut, which is pretty hefty on an item that has such a small profit margin.
    Last edited by TekGoNos; 2012-07-17 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    it doesn't matter what you post it at. it will sell what the AH last seen it at. unless they changed it

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuruai View Post
    it doesn't matter what you post it at. it will sell what the AH last seen it at. unless they changed it
    No. You're confusing buying with selling. You will get the best price available at the time you click the button to BUY. If that price is less than the amount shown to you when it last refreshed, you will get a refund of the difference.

If you try to SELL a commodity for 2x the current rate, it simply won't sell unless the going rate reaches the price you've set.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found a radiant star pattern and was wondering if people actually shell out 20-24 mil for those gems on a regular basis? Was thinking about learning it. Or if I put gems up for sale will they just sit there and never sell? It was the Emerald pattern if that matters.
    lol I just saw your post on diablofans.

To answer your question though, I would sell it

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    lol I just saw your post on diablofans.

To answer your question though, I would sell it
    yea usually post on both places because sometimes people at diablo fans are slower to respond.