Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want Wind Waker remake.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I wish you luck. But I also know they are debating a remake of Link to the Past or Majora's Mask. LttP being the greatest Zelda *of all time*, I can't get on any boat that supports Majora's Mask.
    I personally found OoT better to my liking than LttP, but maybe thats just me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    What? LA was the dream, and the events in that still happened. Where did you hear ALTTP didn't?

3DS is the next generation of gameboy. If you don't buy one, you'll be left behind on handhelds. It's pretty cheap and far better than DS.
    LTTP takes place in a timeline that only exists if you didn't succeed in OoT.

http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/c/c1...ranslation.png
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Good idea. Nintendo should totally go back to the last generation of handheld because you don't like the next gen. (3DS) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    3ds barely qualifies as 'next gen.' You're posting in a thread about porting n64 titles directly to a system that is both over priced and poorly developed. If this were a PS Vita discussion, then you could argue about 'next gen.'

3DS is the next generation of gameboy. If you don't buy one, you'll be left behind on handhelds. It's pretty cheap and
    far better than DS.
    Actually it's not. Every title they've come out with can be ported directly to NDS, without going and buying a new system. That's what I mean by developers not utilizing the hardware potential of the NDS.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    LTTP takes place in a timeline that only exists if you didn't succeed in OoT.

http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/c/c1...ranslation.png
    Yes. It does. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    3ds barely qualifies as 'next gen.' You're posting in a thread about porting n64 titles directly to a system that is both over priced and poorly developed. If this were a PS Vita discussion, then you could argue about 'next gen.'

Actually it's not. Every title they've come out with can be ported directly to NDS, without going and buying a new system. That's what I mean by developers not utilizing the hardware potential of the NDS.
    The system itself is well beyond the power of the DS and all DS titles can be played on it. Titles created on it would not work on DS without cutting out a lot of stuff. It is next generation with a poor name.

Vita is also doing shit right now, with less titles, poor design, excessive cost, and a far less sale rate than the 3DS. Some next gen handheld.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-07-17 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Uh, actually it is. It's a pretty big update from the DS. You not liking it doesn't mean it's not next gen. Try again. Funny you bring Vita up, since in comparison it's doing horrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. It does. What's your point?
    Last I checked, there wasn't an ending option in OoT where you fail

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

Last I checked, there wasn't an ending option in OoT where you fail
    You can die in the game, which counts as the failure line. All three lines happen in the lore.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can die in the game, which counts as the failure line. All three lines happen in the lore.
    they can't all happen, success and failure are mutually exclusive when the goal is stopping Gannondorf

Child and Adult can happen, but not Success and Failure

they can't all happen, success and failure are mutually exclusive when the goal is stopping Gannondorf

Child and Adult can happen, but not Success and Failure
    But they do all happen. It happens when you fail to stop Ganondorf, and the other two happen when you succeed. Using the logic you're presenting, only one of the lines is possible, so either way you're wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    But they do all happen. It happens when you fail to stop Ganondorf, and the other two happen when you succeed. Using the logic you're presenting, only one of the lines is possible, so either way you're wrong.
    only one set of lines is possible, either the child+adult success lines or the failure line.

And which sounds more likely, that they force you to fail in OoT and discredit almost every console game that came out afterwards, or that they semi de-cannonized the games that were released before OoT

only one set of lines is possible, either the child+adult success lines or the failure line.

And which sounds more likely, that they force you to fail in OoT and discredit almost every console game that came out afterwards, or that they semi de-cannonized the games that were released before OoT
    The success lines are two different timelines. Saying one can't happen because two others do is illogical. The failure line does actually happen in Zelda lore.

Yeah, um...no. If it's going to be the same kind of "remake" that OoT 3D was, then forget it. Nintendo needs to stop churning out cheap "3D" remakes with no new content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

The success lines are two different timelines. Saying one can't happen because two others do is illogical. The failure line does actually happen in Zelda lore.
    What you just said is illogical. The failure line in Zelda is like dying in WoW; it happens as a technicality but it doesn't actually happen, lest WoW be as Hardcore Diablo 3 and your character only has one life. The failure line does not happen in Zelda lore because the series carries on; if you failed, the series would've ended at LTTP/OoT. All LTTP does is show what would've happened if you failed; in the same way that Elrond's vision in LOTR shows us what would have happened if the Fellowship had failed; which they didn't, but we still see what would've happened if they did.

---------- Post added 2012-07-18 at 01:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Yeah, um...no. If it's going to be the same kind of "remake" that OoT 3D was, then forget it. Nintendo needs to stop churning out cheap "3D" remakes with no new content.
    Remaking Old Content has been a craze lately; Blizzard too has jumped on the bandwagon as seen with Cata's ZA/ZG, Scholomance/Scarlet Monastery in MoP and so on.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo has already said they plan on making Majora's Mask for the 3DS AFTER they have made a new Zelda game for it.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 08:20 PM ----------

Considering the release of Ocarina of Time for the N64 did not have Master Quest of any sort, and the 3DS Master Quest is actually different from the Gamecube Wind Waker pre-order bonus disc that had Ocarina of Time + Master Quest, since the 3DS version has inverted world and level design, whereas the original Master Quest just had harder puzzles.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 08:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    I personally found OoT better to my liking than LttP, but maybe thats just me.
    Both were phenomenal for their own reasons. Ocarina of Time was ground breaking for 3D games, A Link to the Past was just sheer fun and a huge leap from Zelda II.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    What you just said is illogical. The failure line in Zelda is like dying in WoW; it happens as a technicality but it doesn't actually happen, lest WoW be as Hardcore Diablo 3 and your character only has one life. The failure line does not happen in Zelda lore because the series carries on; if you failed, the series would've ended at LTTP/OoT. All LTTP does is show what would've happened if you failed; in the same way that Elrond's vision in LOTR shows us what would have happened if the Fellowship had failed; which they didn't, but we still see what would've happened if they did.
    Yes, dying in games is a game mechanic. The lore has a line where Link failed in OoT, and it stems from the fact that if you die in OoT the heroes quest is failed. When you die in game you have to start over from a previous save point. There's no resurrection and there's no spirit healer, so no, it's not like WoW. The quest is cut short; Ganondorf lives. That is the point when the failure line begins.

ALTTP is not a 'what if.' The imprisoning war happened because he wasn't able to stop Ganondorf, then came ALTTP, then LA, Oracles, LoZ, and AoL. If the failure line were a 'what if' scenario, then one of the success lines would also be a 'what if' scenario. Simply put, they are two different lines. Yet because Link beats Ganondorf at the end of the game it's okay to assume both happen while denying a different in-game happening because it's not a forced experience? So while you can say "well i can play OoT without dying," you can also play without ever killing Ganondorf. Either all three are real or only one is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, dying in games is a game mechanic. The lore has a line where Link failed in OoT, and it stems from the fact that if you die in OoT the heroes quest is failed. When you die in game you have to start over from a previous save point. There's no resurrection and there's no spirit healer, so no, it's not like WoW. The quest is cut short; Ganondorf lives. That is the point when the failure line begins.

ALTTP is not a 'what if.' The imprisoning war happened because he wasn't able to stop Ganondorf, then came ALTTP, then LA, Oracles, LoZ, and AoL. If the failure line were a 'what if' scenario, then one of the success lines would also be a 'what if' scenario. Simply put, they are two different lines. Yet because Link beats Ganondorf at the end of the game it's okay to assume both happen while denying a different in-game happening because it's not a forced experience? So while you can say "well i can play OoT without dying," you can also play without ever killing Ganondorf. Either all three are real or only one is.
    Adult and Child are not mutually exclusive to each other though. When you win, because you will win or OoT never ends, Link is sent back in time. What he has done has still happened which is why he is not there for the backstory to WW to stop Ganondorf and the King floods Hyrule. It also creates a timeline when he arrives back as a kid and they arrest Gannondorf (thus stopping him as well), kid Link then goes off and does MM and grows up to be TP Link

Success (being adult and child) is mutually exclusive with failure

MM isnt as universally loved as ocarina.

MM is eaither loved or hated.

You can't really say that. OoT3D was completely redworked from the ground up by Grezzo. They polished it and really brought out the beauty of the game. The new UI worked really well. The sleep feature was nice; I love the ability to refight old bosses, albeit without all your current gear.

Although I will say that pushing a game like this just for the sales of a new device is silly, but it worked.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I want Wind Waker remake.
    I second this motion. I was really dissappointed when they launched the game missing two full dungeons. For those that don't know, the Fire and Water temples in WW were scrapped and replaced with the islands that you get the iron boots and the power bracelet. All for the sake of getting it out on time.

Adult and Child are not mutually exclusive to each other though. When you win, because you will win or OoT never ends, Link is sent back in time. What he has done has still happened which is why he is not there for the backstory to WW to stop Ganondorf and the King floods Hyrule. It also creates a timeline when he arrives back as a kid and they arrest Gannondorf (thus stopping him as well), kid Link then goes off and does MM and grows up to be TP Link

Success (being adult and child) is mutually exclusive with failure
    They're the same thing. The split in the timeline doesn't happen at the end until he wins. Midway through is the initial split where, for example, he dodged a Stalfos or he didn't. In one instance he lived, in the other he died. Where he dies(where OoT ends prematurely), Ganondorf gains control of the complete Triforce and the king's army along with the sages imprison him in the Sacred Realm. The flooding doesn't happen, nor does the twilight invasion.
    Where he lives he goes on to fight Ganondorf and beats him, then it splits again to him being sent back to a kid or not.
    So while the failure split is apparently 'impossible,' why is it okay for the split to happen when he beats Ganondorf?

And MM Link doesn't grow up to be TP Link. The Link from OoT/MM dies and becomes the Hero's Spirit.