Increasing HPS as Disc in H-DS

Hi there,

I went from a very geared decked out holy paladin to my disc/holy priest since the gear was rotting with our farming of 8/8h every week. I love the disc play style, but my performance on meters is completely different (I'm an aggressive healer, used to seeing big numbers from being a holy paladin) and although the raid isn't suffering, I feel like I'm not getting much accomplished with my heals. Bubble spamming is not mana efficient at all, and I'm wondering aside from using Penance on CD and POM what heals should I be using to prevent shield spam? Funny enough, I don't feel comfortable as holy, just feels alien to me.

I play a holy/disc Priest, US-Lothar, Jokers, and disc spec simply does not have the HPS power as any other class discs strength is preventing damage when it really counts - something meters don't show.

what you could try doing is getting Atonment into your spec, and getting +15% healing with the buff. other than that, Disc just isn't great on HPS.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/#1u00000

I would definitely consider going Holy, and perfecting it. it's by far my favorite healer to play

Prayer of healing: stack aegis pre inc, and keep just spamming that spell for the whole fight.

TY for the replies. Holy just feels so uncomfortable; I change chakras and feel like the minute I do, I want to use a spell that's outside of that chakra when it could be enhanced by the other chakra. Almost like I have to rethink how to play the spec when I change chakras.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblebarbee View Post
    TY for the replies. Holy just feels so uncomfortable; I change chakras and feel like the minute I do, I want to use a spell that's outside of that chakra when it could be enhanced by the other chakra. Almost like I have to rethink how to play the spec when I change chakras.
    the only fights I go Serenity chakra (single target) are on Yorsahj purple ooze, and Spine. otherwise always stay in AoE form. by far
    don't worry about changing forms at all

and one other thing. Divine Hymm with +100% heals and 3 minute cooldown.. that's one of the best reasons I love holy spec

Deleted
    To see big numbers as a disc you'll have to change your whole perception of the fight. As a pally 99% of the time you'll heal reactively, as if you see someone missing health so you heal it. But as disc your heals are not as immediately strong, so if you want big numbers, you need to predict the damage and act accordingly.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Priests are fine at this moment. I can get (and I did) no1 in my guild's healing setup on any fight. You just need to know how to ... use the spells.

Disc is AWESOME. You basically have endless mana for poh spam with proper Rapture and other mana cooldowns usage. Actually I can even bubble spam quite often - on fights like morchock, yorsahj, zonozz or blackthorn. When there's nothing to heal get Evangelism stacks and when burst is incoming, 6-7 seconds BEFORE; pop it and start spamming PoH, even pop PI - for example on Spine.
    For rapture, you either use a Powa to track it (12 seconds icd) or you just keep Weakened soul 100% on your MT (a PW:S each 15 seconds basically).

Holy.... is nice, you have a bit or burst healing with PoH (+ Serendipity) + CoH; you alos have the Divine Hymn which is like 800k-1M of healing if used proeprly. But it depends a lot of how your raid is arranged - like you need people that take DMG at once in the same group so you can use efficiently your PoH, etc. HW: Sanc (the AOE chackra) is so so so so OP (not compared to Efflorescence, but still good). Always have it down then there are at least 5+ ppl stacked up.

Knowing the fights is the biggest thing - on progress or farm on whenever - knowing how and when will be taking damage to start pre-casting is golden.

Deleted
    Once u know the fights (AS A PRIEST), ur HPS raises.

Pre Shield on Yor'Sahj with a purple green red combo for example but a Green Purple Blue combo u just wasting mana if u dont have the regen.
    Ultraxion ur HPS will be low, just Smite/HF and an occasional PoH with PoM on CD penance on the active tank most healers can single heal it anyways and prolly so can u (if ur ilvl isnt like lfr lvl's )

(ps. Never use HF with atonement on Purple, unless u want to be funny and wipe the raid.)

my HPS isnt that much lower than our Shaman or Holy Priest or our (offspec resto) Boomkin Druid all have a ilvl around 401 including me.
    U can be aggressive as disc, depending on setup. Extra Hymn or Mana Tide and getting the Innervates from the druids when needed, but tbh i dont need the innervates anymore and the mana tide or the extra hymn will always be used in fights.

Deleted
    Spam PoH with rapture shields, let other healers do the single target healing, claim 1st place as the greatest healer of all time while all the other healers keep people alive.

Sorry but if i'm being a bit sarcastic, the idea of being a healer is not to top the meters, but to keep people alive, if that means you're bottom of the meters so be it!

I play a 8/8 Heroic geared disc / holy priest. DISC is about knowing when damage is going to come and pre bubbling / pre prayer of healing spamming the raid. Holy is more reactive and raw healng.

Don't worry about it man, HPS-wise DS just wasn't the best patch for disc priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Don't worry about it man, HPS-wise DS just wasn't the best patch for disc priests.
    If the damage reduced by Barrier showed up on logs similar to the amount healed by Divine Hymn, Discipline wouldn't look like it's "in such a bad place".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    If the damage reduced by Barrier showed up on logs similar to the amount healed by Divine Hymn, Discipline wouldn't look like it's "in such a bad place".
    Oh I'm not saying we are in a bad place. We are just not doing that well on the meters (for what it's worth) as, for example, in Firelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    recount includes all absorbs under Healing Done by default

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neave View Post
    recount includes all absorbs under Healing Done by default
    Barrier is not an absorb mechanic but a damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post

Sorry but if i'm being a bit sarcastic, the idea of being a healer is not to top the meters, but to keep people alive, if that means you're bottom of the meters so be it!
    Because, If u pumped up 3 Milions healing and like 2 Milions absorbs, you didn't save people, at all.

Its the same as saying: haste consumes mana faster.

HEALING DONE.
    HEALING.
    DONE.

p.s. i could say: i save more people instead of the others healer because i actually give them time to refull while i nullify boss damage. Anything wrong?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here are my logs:
    http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/neptulon/tir/

Disc is more than fine, I'd say. It has the most powerful raid cooldown of all the healers, providing the raid can stack. I don't find I have throughput issues at all, especially when the content's nerfed this much. Even on progress, Disc felt competitive, although I played Holy on Hagara, Zon'ozz and Spine back then, and only play Holy on Spine these days.