Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Thanks guys! Time to sit down and see what I decide on for everything . I'll most likely be using most of the build, with the suggestions provided to my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You can run current games on high/ultra settings at 1080p resolution at a more than acceptable frame-rate with them, therefore they aren't outdated.
    sorry. just a stickler for not using arbitrary values like "acceptable", but ill give you the win butler. let the man get his 480.
    i5-3570k 4.3Ghz P8Z77-V Pro (2x4) G.Skill RAM 1600
    ASUS GTX 670 Crucial M4 128Gb

Also, Plagiarizer, if I may, is the CPU an ivy bridge? A friend of mine was looking at the specs, and was concerned if it was or not, because then I shouldn't need the cooler, according to him.

The 3570K is indeed an Ivy Bridge processor. You only need an aftermarket heatsink if you are going to overclock. You will, however still need to install the heatsink that comes with the processor.

So to my understanding, i SHOULDN"T need the cooler? Just to be sure before i order everything.

If you are not going to overclock, you don't NEED it. However, an aftermarket cooler would run quieter and keep the processor at a lower temperature. Up to you really, but I'd spend the 30 bucks on it.

Alright. Thank you.

completely agree with butler log, but if you are concerned about temps go with a sandy bridge. of which the gold standard for gaming is i5 2500
    i5-3570k 4.3Ghz P8Z77-V Pro (2x4) G.Skill RAM 1600
    ASUS GTX 670 Crucial M4 128Gb

I'm trying my best to look for the first hard drive from a Canadian supplier, but am currently having no luck. Any other that match it from a Canadian supplier that would work just as well?

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 02:57 AM ----------

The samsung

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plagiarizer View Post
    im sorry, i dont mean to start something. should have said IMO. however i consider the 480 outdated and the 6850 on its way. again... opinions
    'Outdated' is a relative thing. I run WoW and many other, more demanding, games on a GeForce 9600 GT. The 9 series was introduced in 2008. I guess you would call it outdated. Nevertheless I can play 25 man raids smoothly, as well as games like Metro 2033 well playable. Granted, WoW in general and raids in particular are not very GPU demanding but I guess you would call my Core 2 Quad 9550 outdated as well. While I wouldn't recommend buying a card like that now, a GPU like the 7850 is far from being outdated and even if it was to become outdated it would still last years and perform satisfyingly.