Thread: Gear Question

Gear Question

I've seen the sPvP tournaments during the last BWE, and the cool looking gear that can be earned from them. Is it possible to wear this gear outside of the Mists also? Would be cool to have those weapons and armor outside just WvW and Spvp imo. Anyone read if this is possible, or does this even make sense?

Sorry if this has been posted, didn't see anything when searching. Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you can only use PvP gear in sPvP, and you can only use PvE gear in WvW and PvE. I can't confirm it, but everything I know about the two systems and how PvE and sPvP are completely separate from each other tells me that's how it is. Wait for a second opinion or for the game to launch to confirm this, I'm not absolutely sure.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

As I recall the PVP equipment was taged as only being useable in sPVP. The equiped sets auto toggled when you left the mists with no way to access them outside. I cant remember if the unequiped PVP weapons stayed in my bags or not when I left not that I could equip them anyway considering they were lvl 80 req and I wasnt that level yet :P

Who is John Galt?

Thanks for the replies guys, you're both probably right. I feared this, but had high hopes. No biggie, lots of great looking sets on both sides either way.

Can't wait to see how they've changed all professions, especially Engineer. Should be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Care to share those pictures, as someone who has 100s of transomg sets available I stick to one I like at all times I realyl dont care about what I look like, but seeing as looks are a driving force in GW2 Id like to see a few sets, might be nice if you can share your links for us all (I could search but, meh)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Care to share those pictures, as someone who has 100s of transomg sets available I stick to one I like at all times I realyl dont care about what I look like, but seeing as looks are a driving force in GW2 Id like to see a few sets, might be nice if you can share your links for us all (I could search but, meh)
    Start here oh lazy one, the rest is up to you

Quote Originally Posted by zardon3001 View Post
    I've seen the sPvP tournaments during the last BWE, and the cool looking gear that can be earned from them. Is it possible to wear this gear outside of the Mists also? Would be cool to have those weapons and armor outside just WvW and Spvp imo.
    WvW and PvE, the majority of the environments, use the same gear. You just get scaled to level 80 while in WvW. sPvP is a separate set. I was unsuccessful in my attempt to use transmutation stones to use any sPvP gear over top of your regular gear.