Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium

H-Zon'ozz spawning an extra claw?

So my guild has been clearing H-Zon'ozz with little to no trouble since the first time we cleared it, until tonight. No problems on Morchok, no problems on Yor'Sajh, and then we get to Zon'ozz....And then the exriment hit the rotary cooling device. We had a few personal messups, but even once we got those in check, we were still wiping, and there was no obvious cause until someone pointed that a second claw had spawned in the second black phase. We're a 10 man group, and there's only supposed to be one claw on ten man. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance,
    -Urufu.

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    So my guild has been clearing H-Zon'ozz with little to no trouble since the first time we cleared it, until tonight. No problems on Morchok, no problems on Yor'Sajh, and then we get to Zon'ozz....And then the exriment hit the rotary cooling device. We had a few personal messups, but even once we got those in check, we were still wiping, and there was no obvious cause until someone pointed that a second claw had spawned in the second black phase. We're a 10 man group, and there's only supposed to be one claw on ten man. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance,
    -Urufu.
    Did you not kill the claw in the first black phase? A second one spawns if you leave it up.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Did you not kill the claw in the first black phase? A second one spawns if you leave it up.
    We've never had this problem before, so it's possible that could be the problem. Does it have to be killed DURING the black phase? Because it was dead by the time black phase two started, but not before black phase 1 ended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never encountered something like that. Just to make sure: You're doing the fight as always, not tanking him on a different position, right? That's the only thing coming into my mind, that could cause this bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    Does it have to be killed DURING the black phase? Because it was dead by the time black phase two started, but not before black phase 1 ended.
    Our second raid is a bit slow and never manages to kill the claw during the phase, but always before the next Void spawns. You should be okay in that time window.
    Last edited by DerSenf; 2012-07-18 at 05:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    O_O That's pretty strange, OP

My guild starts our weekly clear in just over 2 hours, also a 10man guild, will see if we get the same thing.

Note: We always burst the claw down with me cleaving as the tank and our combat rogue. It usually dies in just over 10 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

as others have said, if u dont kill claw 1 in black phase 1, another claw spawns in black phase 2 as usual and there will be 2, do you mean 2 NEW claws spawned together in black phase 2?

When i was progressing warlord we tried leaving an eye up due to it being quite distant from our group, we healed through it but it started to cause problems, in black phase 2 another eye spawns like normal so we would of had to leave 2 up however it bugged and spawned 2 new eyes in black phase 2 to make the total eyes on that spot 3.
    Leaving an eye up seemed to bug the fight and cause more spawns than normal so perhaps it's the same with claw? (This eye was behind the claw)

10+ Year Old Account
    We ran into this problem during progression on this fight. We were getting wrecked in our last black phase as we tried to burn him down and it took us a while to realize that a 2nd claw was spawning on the other side of the room and just making everything unhealable.

I'm trying to remember back to why it happened, I think that we determined that it was because the strat we were trying at the time was to leave a couple eye's up in the previous black phase in order to have more dps time on the boss to meet the enrage. When we changed that to always killing all the eyes then the 2nd claw no longer spawned. And I believe that there was some discussion here in this forum about that and others reported similar results.

So are you killing all the eye's in each black phase? If not, then I would suggest trying that. If you are, then I'm not sure what else you might be doing to cause it to bug so maybe you should go through the fight phase by phase and tell us what you're doing.

My guild experienced this issue and we narrowed down the cause to be the 2nd flail in the back of the room. If that flail does not die then the encounter is screwed... the kill order is always flail>Eye>Claw. If you are dismissing and not killing any of the flails I will bet that is your issue. We had killed him and week after week we struggled with him...seeing fluctuating amount of dmg in the 2nd bounce phase...It turned out my raiders don't like to listen to me when I say kill all the adds in the first black phase >.<
    One of the adds left up was the flail...and when that 2nd black phase happened we exploded because we had no one tanking that claw that wasn't supposed to be there. It also spawned damn near ontop of that flail that wasn't killed. Since correcting that we usually one shot him. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by calahil; 2012-07-20 at 04:10 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember this problem being brought up before, I personally never experienced it because we always had the claw down well before the boss started doing his orb again. The bug or whatever you wish to call it occurs if you leave things un-killed, I'm not sure which eye/claw activates a 2nd claw spawning but to be on the safe side just kill everything. For our first kill and as part of our usual strategy (until we stopped raiding) we always farthest eye alive (just beyond the portal) after the 3rd black phase to get a little extra dps in on the boss, we could heal it without problems because we wiped to the enrage often so this minor change helped alot! I can at least confirm that eye in particular would not spawn a claw at least.