Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcitement View Post
    Because let's be honest it does not take long to level a character in this game. IMO the only reason some people feel like it's a grind is because they treat it as such. Trying to race to 50. Me? I kick back shoot the breeze, do some quests, do some warzones, chat with friends, hell we even went stalking some opposing faction bases. We couldn't get close but we jumped some players around our level who were heading out to quest. Good times.
    I don't even have a job, meaning I have all the free time in the world and I feel like it takes a long time to get to 50 in SWTOR

What the hell do you do? Also not have a job but play 12 to 16 hours a day?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still laughing at the leveling is painfully slow part.
    Probably the slowest xp grind I've seen, other than EQ1. I stopped playing SWTOR a few months in for a myriad of reasons, but this is the main one.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Man...really?

I don't perceive much difference in leveling between Wow and SWOTR....speed wise...obviously to me SWTOR is much more enjoyable.

8 levels in 18 days?...how much do you play a day?

Just took my Sniper from 30-40 in like 4 days...and that's in between raiding and dailies on other toons.

Maybe it's just me...but I have no issue leveling...and I do not use XP boosts *shrugs

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    I don't even have a job, meaning I have all the free time in the world and I feel like it takes a long time to get to 50 in SWTOR

What the hell do you do? Also not have a job but play 12 to 16 hours a day?
    I just love how people make these wonderful assumptions. I work and am attending University Part Time. Huh what was that? Your point is shot? You can go away now.
    I play an hr or 2 on some days, others I don't have time to play yet I see fast progress with the time I do play. If the OP already has a level 50 he can get the perks to help his character level faster. Flashpoint perks, class story perks space mission perks blah blah blah.

Daily quests give a chunk of XP for little time. Space missions are practically free XP. So try again buddy. The game has a fast leveling curve.

Leveling was a breeze, before 30-40 I could get 1-2 levels a day and after that .5-1 level a day pretty darn easily. I only played 2-4 hours a day MAX. Efficient questing, logging in and getting right to questing without messing around, running the odd FP here and there. Should be even faster now, since it won't take as long to find groups for Heroic Missions as there are more people on the servers since the mergers, and the odd FP group you can use the tool now for faster grouping. I mean sure, other games do it a little faster, but that's because they've been around longer and shortened the leveling process, it was not that way at the start. The only game I can think of that has faster leveling is Rift, and that is only because of the recent addition(last major patch, last month) of having IA at lower levels now.

Deleted
    Personally I found that doing the dailies for the different parts was enough to keep variety and pace for me. Do the daily flashpoint. Do the daily two Warzones. Do the Flight Missions. All in all it takes about 1½-2 hours to complete, and gave me quite a decent amount of XP a day. It also meant I got to do a lot of different things before starting my questing.

On an average day of playing 4 hours I've been able to do about 2 levels a day since I hit 35.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Sounds to me like you don't really think its as boring as you claim. Sounds to me like you are just bashing the game because you have a mope sig and want to passive aggressively rip on SWTOR.
    You have no idea what you are saying. I love this game and I've been one of the first in these forums to discuss about it and defend it when it was needed.

Please, this extreme defending that some of you guys on this section of the forums do needs to stop. Jumping at the throat of a person everytime someone says something negative about it is just as bad, if not more, than all the idiots that come here to bash it and tell us that the game we enjoy sucks.

The game is not perfect, I'm pretty sure you don't have something positive to say about every little thing there is in it. Next time unless you can add something constructive to the discussion don't add anything at all.

Because let's be honest it does not take long to level a character in this game. IMO the only reason some people feel like it's a grind is because they treat it as such. Trying to race to 50. Me? I kick back shoot the breeze, do some quests, do some warzones, chat with friends, hell we even went stalking some opposing faction bases. We couldn't get close but we jumped some players around our level who were heading out to quest. Good times.
    That is true, but as I said that is mostly subjective. People like me prefer to get to max level with an alt to start playing with your friends and start the gear grind, etc. Leveling is just a passage that is there because this is a RPG and that's how it should be. I don't enjoy leveling, I've never enjoyed it in any MMO I've ever played. Funnily enough, on console the games I enjoy the most are RPGs, ah.

Swtor does have something good and refreshing everytime you make a new toon compared to the other games, though, and that is a compelling story line. SWTOR is the only MMO I played that made me care about the story.
    Last edited by mmoc9f36a84b59; 2012-07-19 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Sounds to me like you don't really think its as boring as you claim. Sounds to me like you are just bashing the game because you have a mope sig and want to passive aggressively rip on SWTOR.
    That was completely uncalled for. All he said was "I could see how some players might find it boring because of X reason. Even though I see that I'm still finding enjoyment out of leveling."

10+ Year Old Account
    Vigorously rape the spacebar, but not to the point it breaks. And then there's the various Legacy perks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Vigorously rape the spacebar, but not to the point it breaks. And then there's the various Legacy perks.
    I wish the Legacy perks were shared... the idea of having to spend 600k+ for my warzone and fp bonuses again makes me cringe

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    I wish the Legacy perks were shared... the idea of having to spend 600k+ for my warzone and fp bonuses again makes me cringe
    Well I thought you not leveling anymore characters? Would you have preferred them to charge 3Mil for the perk unlock across your entire legacy? Seriously what's the point since leveling is such a hard thing that you don't want to do it anyway?

One thing I didn't see mentioned...try to find people who also wish to level faster and group up - you get bonus experience for being grouped over and above any other bonuses

Deleted
    Well I thought you not leveling anymore characters? Would you have preferred them to charge 3Mil for the perk unlock across your entire legacy? Seriously what's the point since leveling is such a hard thing that you don't want to do it anyway?
    ... Are you people being serious? I just wrote 2 paragraphs of stuff about this and I still get these kind of answers... does my WoW sign makes you all blindingly angry or is this some kind of collective trolling? I mean, it's not like I'm writing angry comments about my neverending hate of SWTOR!!! or something...

I feel like this is something I should report but I'm not sure what would be the exact reasoning. Can I report being for being stupid? Question to the mods.

Perhaps the panda brings out the rage in me. However you missed the point. Character unlocks are cheaper than global unlocks. Things that are unlocked legacy wide costs millions of credits. Now Some people have 3 level 50's even more. They may intend only to bother leveling one more character. So what's the point in spending millions for one character?

Deleted
    Perhaps the panda brings out the rage in me. However you missed the point. Character unlocks are cheaper than global unlocks. Things that are unlocked legacy wide costs millions of credits. Now Some people have 3 level 50's even more. They may intend only to bother leveling one more character. So what's the point in spending millions for one character?
    If you would write stuff without dumb sarcasm and in a calmer way, people might get your points across better!

Anyway... in my opinion the cost of them right now are high enough to warrant them being legacy-bound. We are talking about 300k-150k for each set of exp increase, that's enough. But if they bumped them to 500k-250k and made them for all the legacy I wouldn't complain.

It's better to cater to the people who make lots of alts in this because everyone will benefit from it in the long run. The person who is only going to make one more alt might be more compelled to make another one without thinking that they will have to waste all those money all over again for another toon altogether.

That's how I see it, at least.

Honestly guys... there is no good reason to bash a person for what there avatar/sig happens to be. Please stop this right now. Get back to having an intelligent discussion about leveling or let the thread die.

No thanks don't bump up the cost. I prefer buying the warzone perk for my PvP characters and NOT my questing characters. It's cheaper that way.

Deleted
    Since I'm only on my first character and am only 29, I started last sunday... I do tend to enjoy the game. I understand that its going "slow" for some but I watch all cutscenes, play on a toaster so my loading screen is incredibly slow, I recently got addicted to the jukebox in Anchorhead and my guildies have to drag me away from that bar (I play on an RP server) and still I level faster the most without any perks since I wouldn't even know what all this talk about Legacy means!

My point is, switch some companions perhaps, spend more time or credits on mods etc just find a way to reduce your downtime. I'm currently questing 2-3 lvl's above my current level and it works perfect for me, yes I do all bonus quests that I find, I also cleave myself a way through all packs so...

It is you sorry.

The leveling system is just about right, its defeniatly slower then other MMO's but the ammount of lvl's is also less, enjoy the game while lvl'ing, I mean, I never would have though of doing a world boss while lvl'ing with others of my level range, you don't have to be max lvl to enjoy swtor, wow is about endgame, swtor is about the galaxy.

With the wz xp legacy buff you level quite quick. I found I was over-levelling planets just because of this.

Deleted
    @Arlee: I would understand if I was angrily bashing the game, but I'm not so... ?!??!

No thanks don't bump up the cost. I prefer buying the warzone perk for my PvP characters and NOT my questing characters. It's cheaper that way.
    How is it cheaper that way...? 600k for 2 characters (900k for 3, etc) compared to 500k for all of them...