Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    How is it cheaper that way...? 600k for 2 characters (900k for 3, etc) compared to 500k for all of them...
    People don't like to spend "money" on things that they won't/don't use. Whether or not you are basically getting free, they only see themselves spending credits on it for all their chars and thinking but I am not going to use it on all, only one, it's a waste. The guy that paid 500k and used it on 5 chars only paid 100k per char, I want that too. Not saying I agree with this thinking, just that people think that way.

Also, what does any of it have to do with leveling speed? The cost of it is irrelevant, it increases leveling speed. Also, to someone who is leveling their first char it would make no difference, as it isn't even unlocked yet.
    Last edited by Lathais; 2012-07-20 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    How is it cheaper that way...? 600k for 2 characters (900k for 3, etc) compared to 500k for all of them...
    Because it would not cost 500K for all of them. It'd more like cost 2-3Million. Look at the cost for the Legacy wide perks. You really think they'll give you the XP bonus for 500K?

The other thing with that is part of what I like about it being character specific is that it allows me to tailor where I spend my credits to how I want to level each character. For instance I really like to pvp on my shadow character, but I don't like it on my marauder as much. So I tailor how I spend the credits per character and it doesn't feel like a waste of credits to me the same way buying all the unlocks for every toon would. If say I always wanted to level my toons the same way it wouldn't be a big deal, but I do like to switch it up (because honestly deep down I have never been much of an alt player and I don't tend to like leveling very much in general).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    People don't like to spend "money" on things that they won't/don't use. Whether or not you are basically getting free, they only see themselves spending credits on it for all their chars and thinking but I am not going to use it on all, only one, it's a waste. The guy that paid 500k and used it on 5 chars only paid 100k per char, I want that too. Not saying I agree with this thinking, just that people think that way.

Also, what does any of it have to do with leveling speed? The cost of it is irrelevant, it increases leveling speed. Also, to someone who is leveling their first char it would make no difference, as it isn't even unlocked yet.
    I think that's selfish, but understandable. Even though I still believe that people would benefit from them in a way or the other: say they want to try a new class for a bit, they don't have to worry about having to buy them again. But I see your point.

Also, I guess it's relevant because that's where the discussion brought us to. :