Vanish not putting me in Stealth?

This has happened to me on more than just a couple of occasions: I Vanish (Vanish itself is supposed to put me in the 'Stealth' stance, no?) but I don't actually enter Stealth mode (as in my bars don't change and I can't use Stealth specific abilities such as Cheap Shot or Garrote) and have to wait for the Vanish buff to end to actually enter Stealth mode. This usually leads to me unable to follow Blinds with Saps or quickly Vanish -> Cheap Shot someone. Is there a way around this, or has anyone even had this happen to them?

Note that this bug doesn't occur every Vanish, but far too often and costs me wins often.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

That's the infamous bar lag that players have been trying to solve for a while. I'd suggest reading these few posts:

http://www.skill-capped.com/forums/s...arlag&p=116188

Long story short, you can make some macros to help with shadow dance, but not stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimitsu View Post
    That's the infamous bar lag that players have been trying to solve for a while. I'd suggest reading these few posts:

http://www.skill-capped.com/forums/s...arlag&p=116188

Long story short, you can make some macros to help with shadow dance, but not stealth.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:0] Shiv
    /cast [stance:1,3,mod:shift,target=focus][] Sap

That's my Shiv/Sap macro. Vanishing and then mashing 3 (the key the macro's bound to) will cause it to Shiv instead of Sap, meaning it wasn't just bar lag.

Edit: And no, it's not just server lag (or lag on my end either), because I need to wait 3 seconds for the Vanish buff to dissipate.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2012-07-18 at 11:29 AM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

well i just did a small test with my rogue. and out of the 3 times i needed to wait for stealth. probebly a bug. noting you can do about it

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip

That's my Shiv/Sap macro. Vanishing and then mashing 3 (the key the macro's bound to) will cause it to Shiv instead of Sap, meaning it wasn't just bar lag.

Edit: And no, it's not just server lag (or lag on my end either), because I need to wait 3 seconds for the Vanish buff to dissipate.
    Oh I see what you're saying. This is a problem on beta (at least last I knew) where the first couple seconds of the vanish buff don't count as normal stealth. This results in the new talent Subterfuge not working at all after vanishing. To be honest, I haven't noticed the same problem on live, but it's probably related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    Should be

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1/3,mod:shift,target=focus][] Sap
    You're welcome