Thread: Underweight?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairdan View Post
    The Op is very normal. I am 19, 5'9, and weigh roughly 140lbs. I can literally eat anything I want and never do anything physical and not gain a single pound.

When I was in highschool I weighed 130lbs all the way until I entered the military and gained 15lbs in muscle in about 2 months of basic training. I have since lost about 5 pounds for not being as active(Is that normal to lose muscle weight like that?) I have since been working out and eating healthier and it really makes you feel great. But you will not gain weight by eating, the only thing you can do is eat when your hungry and WORK OUT. Being active is the only way I have found to gain weight. My metabolism is way to high to gain any weight from food
    4 inches makes a huge difference in weight.

Also, my metabolism was way to high to gain weight from anything either until about the age of 25.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    why cant i be you guys my metabolism is so fucking slow

10+ Year Old Account
    depends

i'm at 1,90cm and 110kg. but i'm rather broad build ... so not fat per se (not sporty either sadly).

you are pretty much half the man i am. wich would be rather slim and girly ... or senewy like some runners or others.

i would wait some more years. i looked like a boy till i was 16-18 before i "evolved" into a more manly shape.
    Last edited by Sharde; 2012-07-18 at 06:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am also 63 - 65 kg, but i am only 179 cm tall, also for info male 26 years.
    Currently i am fine and my eating habits is often critized by co workers, but every time i do a regular health check with most samples they say im in the low in the normal zone. then they ask me about my eating habits and gets shocked! thay can not understand how i am healthy when i sometimes eats like a beast and sometimes i go without most big meals for days without any problems. i also never gets really hungry that most do, only getting a slight ''would be nice with this or that now'' feeling.

Long story short i guess we work diffrent everyone.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Structures View Post
    There are specific kinds of foods and techniques to improve it. Regular exercise AND weightlifting is one way. Metabolism-boosting veggies and proteins is another way.

Ask a Doctor. You'll probably just get bad advice here. Just looking over the first page I've already seen some pretty bad advice.

Deleted
    I used to be really underweight. I weighed 105lbs(48 kg) while being 5'7"(175cm) tall. I had a friend of mine who helped me out with my diet and stuff, but as an ectomorph I had to consume 2700 calories a day while working out ~30 minutes 4 times a week. If you're an ectomorph, shoot for short, intensive workouts. The only good part about being an ectomorph is that you have a very hard time putting on body fat, but that's about it.

If you're 180CM tall and weigh 48kg your health is in jeopardy. Your best bet is doing something about it as soon as you can. Just remember that the most important(and the hardest) part about gaining weight is the diet, not the actual workout. You have to stick to the diet 24/7 with the correct intakes at the correct times. You also need 6-8 hours of sleep. Get all this right, and in 3 months you will have changed your entire appearance. I did, and it was the best decision of my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teenagers have increased calories requirements because they are experiencing a period of rapid growth and development. For optimal health, teens should make healthy food choices in order to ensure not only adequate calorie intake but also an adequate supply of nutrients.

Calories
    A 17-year-old boy needs 2,500 to 2,800 calories per day. The exact calorie requirements vary somewhat, and active teens may require more calories.

You also need 45-60 grams protein a day.

Your BMI is 18.2 just under underweight of 18.5 (healthy range for your height is 18.5 - 24.9)

So yes you need to put on some

Quote Originally Posted by Structures View Post
    If you're not exercising, your metabolism slows down. Metabolism only speeds up to match your energy requirements. Someone who is an athlete and plays sports on a daily basis will have a faster metabolism than someone who just plays now and then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexiGlass View Post
    Get all this right, and in 3 months you will have changed your entire appearance.
    As I already mentioned: It's not like I wouldn't know how to gain weight or wouldn't be able to do so.
    I simply don't wan't to change my appearance...I kinda like the way I am at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    As I already mentioned: It's not like I wouldn't know how to gain weight or wouldn't be able to do so.
    I simply don't wan't to change my appearance...I kinda like the way I am at the moment.
    Don't people comment on the way you look though? I mean I got people saying that I looked too skinny when I weighed 65 kgs at 1.85m. I've been gaining some weight lately and I never really thought I'd like it but I feel so much better. I have a lot more energy and I feel more confident.

Deleted
    Do you really believe it is worth it, knowing your health is at risk?
    Because this risk is a fact, and I think you'll problaby regret it later in life should you run into issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, OP, 6'1 and 138 is definitely underweight. Based on how tall I am (shorter than you by half an inch) and how much I weigh (22 more pounds than you), you must look very sick. It's true that everyone's metabolism and body type is different, but you're really pushing it.

wow 63kg for someone who is over 6ft is pretty light.

I weigh 89kg and im ~6'5 and thats considered just over the middle of "normal" bmi range.

I'd personally like to get to 85kg though

Quote Originally Posted by CptMitta View Post
    Heya,

Recently people (friends and family) have been saying that i'm underweight/close to underweight.

I feel fine but they don't really want to listen to me, so i'm going to ask here.

I'm a 17 year old male - 187 cm tall (around 6'1) and I weigh 63 kilograms (138 pounds).

I don't really eat a lot, max I eat a day is 1700 calories.

Is this unhealthy?

Thanks, Mitta.
    You are the same as me about 5 years ago. I am 190cm and I had around 65 kilos.

Yes, its unhealthy. Yes, its too thin.

Start eating more. It IS hard at the beginning, because your stomach needs to grow. No kidding. Drink a lot of water... that will help you to open up your appetite.

Results will be visible very fast... After one summer I was already at 70kilos. Today, I have 80 kilos with very little bodyfat percentage due to a nutrition plan and steady workout. Trust me, you just feel indescribably better, stronger, faster, smarter, prettier... everything changes.

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 12:21 PM ----------

I'm 1,84 and weigh 48 Kilos.

Sure, it's not healthy and even being slightly overweight would be healthier - but I'm absolutely fine with it.
    Wouldn't want to gain weight tbh.
    How the fuck are you still alive? You must look like a corpse. Sorry man, no offense intended but you really should gain some weight. How old are you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Souma View Post
    Don't people comment on the way you look though?
    Sometimes, yes. Not in positive terms.
    But ultimately I have to appeal to myself, not to others.

Quote Originally Posted by PlexiGlass View Post
    and I think you'll problaby regret it later in life should you run into issues.
    That may be true, but I guess I'll just have to deal with it then.
    I know that I possibly could lower the risks by gaining weight...yet the thought of voluntarily doing so just deters me.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    How old are you?
    I'm 23 at the moment.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2012-07-19 at 01:10 PM.