Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    They're giant horned cats, sure, but look at it this way: They're not humans with cat ears and horns tacked on.
    That is something I think Anet did _really_ well. Charrs are not this (human with cat ears and tail = beast?) >_>

or this

I know some people would want those. I'm so glad there is no furry boobs.

And about asuras. You are comparing this (that is leaping Death Blossom by asura):

To this

Rift. There's your problem. Another WoW clone. GW2 is NOT another WoW clone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Thats still impressive when you consider how many human-like races are given to us these days.....It's disappointing. :/

Trolls,Worgen,Pandaren,Tauren,and Dranei
    It's actually the same ratio nearly as GW2, if 3/5 are non-monohuman. I don't consider Sylvari human like, they're really alien looking to me and somewhat unsettling in an extreme foreign way...
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post

Imo, every race in WoW follows that criteria for non-monohuman by that criteria. Even the human race in WoW has strange physique.
    Thats what im getting at. So many games follow human physique when creating races. So GW2 would have 2 non-mono's: Asura and Charr

But BE,NE, dwarves, and humans still use our physique
    Heres that famous referance on our body to get an idea of what im getting at:

Notice the face and the shape of our bodies.

I love the races honestly. Especially one... can you guess? =D

Quote Originally Posted by Zalavaaris View Post
    I love the races honestly. Especially one... can you guess? =D
    umm...Asura?

What we NEED is a playable robot race that can wear armor like other races. I have yet to find any.

And NOT an android. Think futurama robots but better looking.

I want a doppelganger race or something like a Changeling from star trek.

Deleted
    What we NEED is a playable robot race that can wear armor like other races. I have yet to find any.

And NOT an android. Think futurama robots but better looking.
    Silly bookah-pony, we have golems. ^_^
    "Golem Battlesuit: This skill creates an environmental weapon in the form of a battle suit. While only asura can use this skill to summon the battlesuit, members of any race can use it. " ~source

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Although I would love to play as a Mursaat
    YES DAMMIT!!!

(thought about this few days ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Silly bookah-pony, we have golems. ^_^
    "Golem Battlesuit: This skill creates an environmental weapon in the form of a battle suit. While only asura can use this skill to summon the battlesuit, members of any race can use it. " ~source
    Really?! Thats awesome! I have another reason to like this race even more than I already do.

PS: Those are some interesting robots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather have 5 races who ALL have huge cities, ALL have solid lore, ALL have equal population throughout the world and are ALL treated as equally important by the developers than have 12 races where the majority of them are completely ignored and/or treated as a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Golems are awesome and all, but they're nothing compared to a playable mechanical race.

Would love for the next race to be a race of sentient technomagical beings that were created by an experimenting mad-scientist Asura, who subsequently was killed by his creation (I would say by accident! All playable races have to somewhat get along after all).

---------- Post added 2012-07-18 at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I would rather have 5 races who ALL have huge cities, ALL have solid lore, ALL have equal population throughout the world and are ALL treated as equally important by the developers than have 12 races where the majority of them are completely ignored and/or treated as a joke.
    Fully agree with this, but I do feel there's other race possibilities that could be explored, while still remaining unique both to current GW2 races, and races of other MMORPGs.

Warforged, would be a great example. Dragonborn, another. Tengu, definitely worth exploring.
    Kodan would be worth looking into, but they're so similar to Norn, and WoW just put out a race of bear-people...
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-07-18 at 08:34 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the point of the OP's post? To start a hatefest?

I don't get why you'd come here to complain about the most awesome races seen to date in any given MMO.

Oh well, you're loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just think the OP needs to toy around with the character creation and see just how much customization GW2 gives you. To me there are not even a handful of MMOs out there that has GW2 beat in this department, only APB comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    I just think the OP needs to toy around with the character creation and see just how much customization GW2 gives you. To me there are not even a handful of MMOs out there that has GW2 beat in this department, only APB comes to mind.
    This pretty much. You can make any of the races look somewhat evil/brutish looking.

We need smart anthro races. I don't care what the internet and 4chan have to say!

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs50/f/20...y_Atalhlla.jpg

There is also a lack of vicious little people:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs29/i/20...y_Bereaved.jpg
    Im tired of it always being small=smart or beast=vicious

10+ Year Old Account
    We need smart anthro races. I don't care what the internet and 4chan have to say!

There is also a lack of vicious little people:
    Im tired of it always being small=smart or beast=vicious
    You must not be familiar with the Charr, an industrial mechanical savvy race.

And Asura are more magically inclined that technological, though technology is a part of it. Erm, Magi-tech.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    You must not be familiar with the Charr, an industrial mechanical savvy race.
    They still look vicious and races like asura don't look very threatening.