Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Botlane : How do you lane against a Blitzcrank?

Hey guys,

Lately I've been encountering ALOT of Blitzes, and often they seem to know what they are doing.
    I'm having alot of trouble laning against Blitz, I feel like the only way to survive said lane is to just turret camp.
    So I'm hoping some of you can give me some advice as to how to lane against Blitz because I find it nigh on impossible and every time I meet a blitz in the enemy team, it seems that our botlane ( be it me or someone else) dies multiple times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just stay behind minions, that is the key thing and if there are no minions ward that bush.
    Hey everyone

Just make sure to practice dodging his Q. Ideally, you would want to stay behind minions so he won't have an accurate shot. If he's chasing your while you're trying to outrun him with no minions around, Try to dodge it at the moment he stands still by going up/down or left right of the Q's direction. You can also harass him a bit once his Q is on CD because he's not going to get too close to you without getting hit from external attacks (minions, champion, etc.). Also keep the bushes warded so he won't be randomly grabbing you or your partner for bot lane. An easy way for him to get the jump on you as well.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

There is some good advice here. I play a lot of Blitzcrank and there is one critical aspect of him that nets me a lot of kills. Especially first blood: Mana Barrier. If Blitz has a ton of mana; do not try to push him out of the brush in the laning phase. He will stay there and beat your face in. I keep being surprised by how many people will stand and attempt to 1v1 me down -- only to turn and attempt to run away the moment my passive activates and they realize they've made a critical error in judgment.

During the laning phase; ranged harassment can be a problem. A good Caitlyn can be scary because she has a long range and, worse, can disrupt your ideal grabbing spots by putting traps in key points of your brush. Another potential bad news match up is Alistar. I won't grab an Alistar unless I'm very, very sure it's a good idea. And that isn't often.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

15+ Year Old Account
    Harass after he misses a Q.

Zero sustain lane, just keep chunking and dodging.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Ward the bush and dodge them hooks. I thought it was obvious

I've played a ton of support in my life, dare I say it's my favorite role. While I love Blitz, once you play him you gain an appreciation for his strengths and weaknesses.
    So how do you beat a bot lane with Blitz? Couple of ways in my opinion.

The easiest way is to counterpick, which obviously isn’t always an option. If you see a blitz and can counterpick, take Alistair or Leona. If neither of them are available, Janna works. Why Ali or Leona? Literally stand on your AD carry. If there is a caster minion in the back about to die, then run forward like you are going to kill it, blocking your AD carry, if that blitz pulls you in, boom initiate on him and show him whats up. Vayne, Cait and Trist work well against him also, just make sure you save your escape (LEVEL IT UP BY 2!) for when he eventually gets a grab on you. Good Vaynes turn a blitz pull into a wall condemn+roll for huge damage.

So you can’t counterpick him, what now? Pray your lane partner is smart. If you are the support ward both bot bushes and river. Most blitzs can be goaded into using their hook prematurely if you can spam click towards them. Obviously hiding behind minions isn’t always feasible, but a trick that works 90% of the time is line yourself up with blitz and start running away. The enemy blitz will almost definitely fire the hook and a quick click UP- which is towards mid (seems to work for me in bot lane) works for me a ton.

Most blitz’s level hook first, which drains mana quickly. If they started wards they should be OOM in 2-3 pulls. If they started mana crystal, they have no wards so call for a gank. As soon as blitz pulls, start an internal timer on how long you can free roam, usually about 10 seconds of time is a good estimate. Blitz is a really situational champ, and good blitz’s can carry games. Bush control and counterpicks are clutch, but really your best bet is to keep a far distance and get real good at goading him into hooking, then juking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blitz shouldn't try to engage with hook all the time. Powerdrive gives you enough gap closing to get off a Power First easy.

You beat him at all inning. Blitz is about forcing fights at his own pace. Leona/Ali/Taric and force the fights, make him use CC defensively. No sustain also, yada yada.

Deleted
    Like most people have said, stay behind your minions, try to get a tanky support, and ward.
    One thing ive had a ton of fun with as Blitzcrank though, are people who think theyre safe by standing at minions close to a bush they havent warded. At lvl 3-4 blitz will have his speedboost. At this point you want to mind that too.
    While i know its not the smartest tactic in the world (and i wouldnt use it against tanky champs), ive lost count of how many think theyre safe behind their minions. At one point i just rush forward and knock them up. When they try to escape i grab them. So yeah, be mindful of the speedboost.

Edit: I guess this kinda equals "dont overextend".
    And dont do like the silly Vayne i met once who gave my Sivir friend a free First Blood at the turret before the minions had spawned
    Last edited by mmoc4ea047ec8a; 2012-07-18 at 07:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Blitz shouldn't try to engage with hook all the time. Powerdrive gives you enough gap closing to get off a Power First easy.

You beat him at all inning. Blitz is about forcing fights at his own pace. Leona/Ali/Taric and force the fights, make him use CC defensively. No sustain also, yada yada.
    hm, Okay, thanks, I dont really mind the hook, it's just that if I'm in lane and Blitz starts overdriving towards me, he will eventually catch up to me and I get raped b y the CC + burst.

Sit behind minions, start with boots, and enjoy the game.

Deleted
    Make a lot of cofee, you gonna need it, because single mistake means death with little chances to recover.
    The way he works, I wonder why he's still there. Probably easiest support, with incredibly boring game (not fun for you, not for others) and somewhat pubstomp nature.
    Remember that most supports promote some kind of coordination. Blitzcrank just do retarded amount of SAFE CC, that it takes complete retard not to connect with that.
    Playing vs that is "simple" - stay behind minions, keep him in sight (wards), dodge when he stops (cast time) and damage his partner (no shared protection).
    Since philosopher stone is common support item, and he gets absorb with quite low cooldown, it takes idiot to die 2v2, always impede the guy he supports, as he will have no regen from philosopher, nor will receive any healing from this retarded abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Make a lot of cofee, you gonna need it, because single mistake means death with little chances to recover.
    The way he works, I wonder why he's still there. Probably easiest support, with incredibly boring game (not fun for you, not for others) and somewhat pubstomp nature.
    Remember that most supports promote some kind of coordination. Blitzcrank just do retarded amount of SAFE CC, that it takes complete retard not to connect with that.
    Playing vs that is "simple" - stay behind minions, keep him in sight (wards), dodge when he stops (cast time) and damage his partner (no shared protection).
    Since philosopher stone is common support item, and he gets absorb with quite low cooldown, it takes idiot to die 2v2, always impede the guy he supports, as he will have no regen from philosopher, nor will receive any healing from this retarded abomination.
    I can only imagine how much you would hate Pudge from DotA

Some people already mentioned counter picking and a really good AD counter is Sivir. With her, you actually want Blitz to hit you so you can spell shield it all day and get mana back.

As far as just playing against them, learn to stop your character with S or whatever you have it bound as right behind minions and auto attack from there. If you put a lot of harass onto the other AD carry then Blitz really can't do anything to help them out except for a slight knockup when you decide to engage. Overall, my opinion is that Blitz players just get lucky sometimes and you gotta accept that but don't give them the oppurtunity.

Funny story, one time I Arcane Shifted as Ezreal while getting pulled by Blitz and he actually teleported to my location instead. He raged pretty hard about that.
    http://www.twitch.tv/dbjeffc

I recently made a stream where I mainly play D3, LoL, and WoW. Help me make it better! Will usually be up between 5pm - 1am EST.

As others have said stick behind your minions so they can take the grab.
    Start with boots.
    Keep on the move and zig-zag if your running from him.

Just stand near minions its really not a very hard lane to win.
    N

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    hm, Okay, thanks, I dont really mind the hook, it's just that if I'm in lane and Blitz starts overdriving towards me, he will eventually catch up to me and I get raped b y the CC + burst.
    It's a good lane. Blitz has plenty of damage himself. Coupled with someone who can also pump out good burst and can close the gap quickly also (Ez, Graves), it's a lot of damage. Either counter engage/peel when he comes.

Apparently people here play against shitty Blitzcranks who rely on throwing blind hooks from brush.

Deleted
    I'm usually terrified when I encounter an enemy blitz at botlane, and just try to stand behind my minions all the time. But I'm still on my toes, because blitzcrank is a fucking train when he decides to chase you.

GAH I fucking hate blitzcrank.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Keep on the move and zig-zag if your running from him.
    and this kind of movement will be your demise, because I always build boots of swiftness and I catch u, knock up u, grab u, silence u and my ad carry finish u

never ever facecheck tribush or bush in river near tower, becasue I am already in with my premade and I will kill u for first blood and flash will not hlp u

when I play with premade, we have same pattern to killing and no combination can sustain our attack without usage of all summoners spells or escaping spells; u can only towerhug after lvl2 because if u cross half of way between towers I will chase u and zone u regardless of your support effort

and btw poking me is useless, I am tank support with dorans shield and with more than 1000 hp at lvl 3 - my favourite tactic is (after pushing u under your tower with swarm of my creeps; usualy, when one of enemy duo is in base) hitting your tower regardless of your autoattacking me and u will learn, that creeps will kill u faster than u kill me; hint for u, never waste your tier 1-2 spells on me, because I will eat it and u will deplete all your mana for nothing (hi to lux, zilean, nidalee and ezreal)

only effective countermeasure against premade is luck with good jungler and good support and freuent hlp from mid and winning forced fights; nothing else is effective, wards in bush? I dont care - I simply sprint on u and zone u; hiding behind creeps? I dont care - I simply sprint on u; towerhugging? not bad but after your creeps advance u will be zoned for 3-4 min because we freeze line

my worst enemy is good agressive ezreal with taric

ward the inner bush(depends on how you or your ad pushes) blitz DONT iniate with his grab unless you are standing right in front of him.

like others said if he does miss his Q then go poke him a bit cause he dont have any recovery after this Q breaking combo.

you dont want blitz to zone you so support like leona/taric/alistar would be best support if you are laneing against him :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!