Thread: AP Bruiser list

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

AP Bruiser list

I don't think there are that many AP bruisers but if so can you state the top 5 that are usually the most viable in a game (any position is fine).
    Hey everyone

Vlad, Ryze, Galio*, Rumble, Gragas, Swain for sure. In any order.

Situationally, you can build a bunch of people more towards the Bruiser side.

*-Some people conciser him a tank, I don't. His R is the only "tank" ability in his kit, the rest are practically support.

Deleted
    It really depends on how you define an "AP bruiser", but if you mean a tanky-ish champion to play top or jungle with (primarily) AP damage then there are plenty.

Singed aswell.

Edit: Just read this is a top 5 AP bruisers thread. I'm not sure if Singed is in top 5. But he is pretty viable in top elo.
    Last edited by Waterisbest; 2012-07-18 at 08:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Morgana
    Gragas
    Ryze
    Vladimir
    Rumble
    Swain
    Ahri

15+ Year Old Account
    Vlad
    Rumble
    Amumu? (i guess technically he is AP)
    Cho'Gath
    Galio
    Maokai?
    Singed
    Swain
    Ryze

I really don't see how Gragas or Morgana are bruisers..but w/e. So hard to classify an AP bruiser.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Rumble is what comes to mind as a real AP bruiser. Perfect top pick, very tanky, loads of damage. Ryze used to be like this, slightly less so now. Amumu and Galio is straight-up AP tanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm kind of a hard question to answer. Most ap champs can be build either glass cannon, or with some durability. But these are the ones I feel are almost always build a bit more tanky.

Singed
    Ryze
    Cho'gath
    Moakai
    Nunu (he can be build bruiser even though he's usually just support)
    Warwick
    Fizz and Annie (I often see these 2 go a lot more tanky that other traditional AP champs)

Again, there are tons of champs that can go AP bruiser like others have posted. You just have to build them that way.

Deleted
    I would like to ad Kennen and Morde - mostly they're played tanky ap.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I really don't see how Gragas or Morgana are bruisers..but w/e. So hard to classify an AP bruiser.
    Well, it works like this: To use all of Morgana/Gragas/etcetera's kit you have to get fairly close to the action. If the enemy team is sufficiently tanky building pure damage will either get you killed or prevent you from using all of your kit except in the most favorable circumstances. If you are building tanky items early you're essentially an AP bruiser.

I wouldn't build someone like, say, Ziggs or Xerath this way, but I've had plenty of situations where I've built AP Soraka, Cass, Gragas, Morgana, or AP Sona that way.

Deleted
    No mention of Malphite yet? lol

Warmog anivia... really... no one?
    N

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    Warmog anivia... really... no one?
    Depends. She is hands down my best champion when it comes to playing any champion in the game, it feels like she has no counters when I play her or I'm just so much better than anyone that should naturally counter her. Maybe it's just me... I've seen the Warmogs build I think it's actually great but that's because Froggen does it sometimes.

It seems that it became popular due to him building it but he built it because he saw the need to against the people who was playing.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Not alot of Mordekaiser in here. He was the first champion i thought of when hearing the term "AP Bruiser" :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    No mention of Malphite yet? lol
    He said AP bruiser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    He said AP bruiser.
    Malphite's spells scale from AP with one scaling with armor (and will scale with AP in the upcoming patch), along with his passive scaling with health.

But as others have said, when I think of AP bruiser, I think of Mordekaiser, Rumble, Vlad, Chogath, and Ryze.
    Last edited by Maldezzar; 2012-07-19 at 01:38 AM.

Why not Xerath? With a pretty basic build (Rylai, RoA, Rabadon, Boots, Athene and Zhonya) you get 260 armor and some magic resist. Usually I build Mercury shoes along with Athene and Abyssal to get to 150 ish MR along with that beastly Armor.

RoA supplies the HP, and you have a 3,5k HP (With Elixir) AP carry with loads of damage reduction along with 40% Magic Penetration.
    Last edited by Scorage; 2012-07-19 at 07:08 AM.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    He said AP bruiser.
    All of his abilities deal and scale with magic damage while he's innately and best build tanky. Isn't that the general definition of an AP bruiser?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the feeling it's partially in the definition and the OP didn't really provide one.

I was simply thinking of "what AP hero can you send top lane", despite Duronos saying "any position is fine". I mean, you can build a Warmog's on Cassiopeia perfectly fine. Doesn't suddenly turn her into a bruiser.