Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well for me is oks... if anyone need money for X thing and i know that person (boy or girl, i dont care) even if i meeted that person 1 day ago, (and if i have the money, of course) i will pay it... For my friends it won´t be strange... i do that a lot, for me thats not a problem

Why don't you not go, spend time with her, and save some money and go to a movie or something? IT would bypass the weirdness, the expence and still get you time alone with her, with out any weird shit.

Edit: avoid at all costs making her think she might have to put out because you are spending all this money on her. It's sounds extreme but you never know what people are thinking.. lol
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-07-18 at 11:02 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I wouldn't do it. You've known her for 2 weeks. That seems a little weird if you ask me. If this was something fairly inexpensive, then it wouldn't be so bad, but it doesn't sound like it's just a couple dollars. You could offer to loan her the money, but don't just pay for everything.

Hmm, male or female, if it was a friend and a low price, I'd pay so they could come. I don't know that I'd do it for someone I had only known that long, though. A longtime friend, you'd know if they knew the boundaries (such as spending money for the trip...are you going to lend her that or would she understand without saying that she still had to bring her own?), if they would be insulted, if they'd pay you back, etc. So it's your call on that. However, she may see it as you expecting -or at least trying- to get in her pants. I guess the important thing is if you're comfortable with it and with being fully honest with her, including explaining what you will and won't provide and why you want to help her attend. Communication, my friend. She may still be uncomfortable or proud and decline, but she will probably respect and appreciate your attempt at helping her and being honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    My rule of thumb is: whomever asks for the date pays.

First of all, I wouldn't assume that she really is short of cash. That might just be her polite way of getting out of it without telling you that she just doesn't want to go.

Second, she'll probably be freaked out if you offer to pay, and assume that you'll want something in return that involves her removing her clothes.

Maybe you're just a generous guy with plenty of cash and you pay for stuff like this all the time, guys and girls alike, but she won't know that if you've only known her a couple of weeks. If you had been in a relationship with her for several months that would be completely different but you barely know each other.

If you want to test the waters, you might say to her that it's too bad she doesn't have the money to go because you think it would be a lot of fun, and that you'd offer to pay because you pay for stuff for your friends all the time, but you understand that you can't really do that here because she'd take it the wrong way. If she agrees with you, you have your answer. If she disagrees and says she'd be happy to let you pay, then you know you can pay without her freaking out.

Yeah. Don't do it. Creepy. You'll have time to get to know her later. I don't know if there is such thing as free meals, but people sure as hell don't believe in them and get all suspicious when something's offered as such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dawdiiio View Post
    Short answer: no I would not.

Long answer: no, I most certainly would not.

It's a weird thing to do, for someone that you don't really know. It might be seen as "trying to buy a way into her pants" or even worse; that you want to murder her. But hey, I might be the only paranoid person left in the world.

Is there something that would stop you from getting to know her when you come back, after 3 days?
    Haha that's an extremely paranoid way of thinking.

Maybe you could offer to 'borrow' her the money, and she pays you back whenever she can afford it, that might make it slightly less 'weird'.

do what you gotta do playa. could be a awesome time to get to know her better or it could end in disaster. have fun

Unless you knew her for a while and were good friends, this would just come off as kind of weird and maybe even a little desperate. You might think you're being the good guy, and maybe you genuinely are and are doing this because you want her to have a good time and nothing else, but it's still an awkward position to put you both in.

And by the way, if you're looking to score with her, there's a mighty good possibility she'll bang one of the other guys while she's there. On your dime.

If you're cool with all of that, I say go for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes this camp so special?

Where I come from camping is super casual. A few times on the way to camping I've invited total strangers along. Strike-up a casual conversation at a gas station with a couple of girls. They ask about the kegs in my truck. I tell em we're camping and they're welcome to join. Boom, party at the lake. Love those Chico State girls.

Get over your inhibitions an go for it. If someone doesn't have a good time its their own fault.

I'd offer to pay for her as a friend, not because you want to get to know her better as a possible bed buddy. It sounds as though you're only interested in her being there to see if there's a spark between you two, so the underlying issue of you paying her way has a creepy undertone to it.

Note the word "offer", though. Ask her and if she says no, don't press it. Some people don't want their way paid for them, even in the short term, and some women are ultra-vigilant about not having men pay their way, myself included. Way too many strings can come attached, albeit unseen or unsaid, with an offer like that.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LmZ View Post
    Have a question, me and some guys are organising a trip to some camp for 3 days, initially a girl that I like was gonna go with us but it turns out she doesn't have money. Ive known her for like 2 weeks. The nights dont cost that much and I happen to have money I don't need would it be weird if I paid for her to come? Would be an awesome opportunity for me to get to know her. Would you offer to pay in my position?

When is it acceptable to offer to pay stuff for girls??
    Paying for her stuff isn't going to make her like you (and if it does, it's not for the right reasons), but it will make her see you as an ATM.
    It's acceptable to pay for stuff for girls when you know 100% that she'll do the same for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jegerhellig View Post
    Don't listen to these cheap ass guys... In my opinion this would be like paying for a night in a club or something. Paying for fun and good times.

You don't give her money, you pay a little extra for you to enjoy the trip even more and potentially get a nice friend or even better girlfriend.

No reason to save up to be the richest man in the graveyard, if you know what I mean. Spend your money on things that can improve your fun/happiness or whatever.

And if she is into you, she'll will probably see it as a really nice gesture and a sign from you that she is worth it.

Well this is me, I'd rather spend money on taking my friend with me clubbing, to movies or on vacation for that matter if I have the money, so that we can have a laugh, experience things together and share good memories. Than I would want the newest phone, pc or whatever.

Do what you feel like man!
    If you're paying a girls clubbing expenses then you're doing it wrong.

I wouldn't do it, it can easily come off as slightly desperate.
    The other reason I wouldn't do it is more because of her, not the fact that it might seem desperate. I'd say two VERY likely reason she's said that she can't afford to go are
    A) She's not quite comfortable yet and decided she didn't want to go; offering to pay may make things more uncomfortable.
    B) She just didn't want to go because she's not into you and she doesn't want the wrong idea to come across.

I guess a third may be she just genuinely doesn't want to go haha

Also, she could be having her period during those 3 days and wants to be left the fuck alone.

Quote Originally Posted by LmZ View Post
    Have a question, me and some guys are organising a trip to some camp for 3 days, initially a girl that I like was gonna go with us but it turns out she doesn't have money. Ive known her for like 2 weeks. The nights dont cost that much and I happen to have money I don't need would it be weird if I paid for her to come? Would be an awesome opportunity for me to get to know her. Would you offer to pay in my position?

When is it acceptable to offer to pay stuff for girls??
    No.. I wouldn't do this. Not because it - in others opinion - would seem as if you were trying to win her over, but more because it's you and some guys going on a trip. Bringing a single woman, would (in my opinion) severely reduce the fun you would have with your friends as you can't behave as, well, guys do when they are out on their own.

Have you even discussed this with your friends?

This is really based upon more detail than we can really know online....I mean you can't explain exactly how comfortable she would be with you asking this because for us to know exactly how comfortable you two are with each other we'd have to know you personally...but make it her choice? Say if she doesn't want to go its fine, but if she wants too, you can pay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    If I were the girl in question, I would find it odd. I'd certainly question your intentions.
    Along the lines of Right, so I've known this guy two weeks and suddenly he wants to pay for me to go camping with him. Wonder what he could possibly be after

Obviously, it's your money and your free to do what you want with it, but I think a lot of women would find it a bit off.

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 10:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    It's also worth noting that some men and women despise having money spent on them, usually because they either feel guilty about someone else splashing their cash on them or just don't want to feel as though they owe someone a favour.
    This is also a really good point.
    In the early stages of our relationship, my partner kept trying to pay for my purchases when he came shopping with me (buying clothes/shoes and suchlike for myself). It made me uncomfortable, because I don't like feeling beholden to people or feel like I'm sponging off them - even the people I'm close to - so I asked him to stop.
    Last edited by Kerath; 2012-07-19 at 12:49 PM. Reason: CAIN'T SPEEEEEEEL
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

I'm guessing you want to pay for her so you guys might get together on the camping trip. I'd advise not unless she's giving you signals, it would SUCK if you went out of your way to help her and it turns out she has the hots for your friend instead. It's your money though at the end of the day, spend it in whatever way makes you happy.