Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    This thread seems pretty negative for what will amount to a buff to shadow damage on beta right now ...
    We should be happy for a nerf that will get us buffed later on?

Just the DI nerf is grater then pretty much any buff they gave us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It's not a buff. They buffed our scaling with mastery/crit by a small amount while nerfing our orb generation, apparition damage, mind sear damage and Insanity damage. They slightly buffed FDCL, but compared to the amount of damage we just lost from orb generation alone, it's a nerf.

I don't understand why they nerfed Insanity. We can only use it by consuming a SWP that has 2 ticks left, so single target it's not used very often. Multi-dotting the same is true, but we get a fair amount of damage backloaded on the SWP by consuming them all with Insanity.

Also, SAs only proc off of SWP crits, not DoT crits, so Mind-Sear won't proc SAs like someone said previously.

I think the mastery/crit change was decent, but needs to go farther. The other nerfs I think were not the right way to do it. Insanity could've been buffed but put on a CD such that it can only be used really for single-target. Eliminates all those problems. The DI change is fine, if MBs CD benefitted from haste again.

/shrug

I don't really like this patch for us. I feel like a lot of it is going in the wrong direction.
    I meant that we were buffed comparing to live (beford these changes)

Also u said DI nerf was fine?
    1 proc per minute maybe 2 with mastery, is that fine? You know what it is, it's a complete talent waste.
    As i said, it could be tweaked to reduce proc rate/ remove proc rate if it's on one or 2 targets (so it only procs as of one dot dmg)

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    We should be happy for a nerf that will get us buffed later on?

Just the DI nerf is grater then pretty much any buff they gave us.
    This. DI nerf is terrible and I don't know what they are doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    I meant that we were buffed comparing to live (beford these changes)

Also u said DI nerf was fine?
    1 proc per minute maybe 2 with mastery, is that fine? You know what it is, it's a complete talent waste.
    As i said, it could be tweaked to reduce proc rate/ remove proc rate if it's on one or 2 targets (so it only procs as of one dot dmg)
    Being buffed means absolutely nothing when comparing it to live numbers. The only thing that really matters is how we will perform compared to others in 90 content. As it stands right now, we will be middle-bottom of the pack.

Also, I didn't say that the DI nerf was fine. I said that it's fine if MBs CD benefited from haste again. If it benefited from haste, our resource generation would scale with haste, and a low-chance for an increase on that ala DI would be acceptable. Since it doesn't however, no matter how much haste we have we generate orbs at the exact same rate, meaning that haste is a slightly worse stat because of it.

Blizzard would not do something where they reduce the proc rate if it's on multiple targets based on their design decisions recently to attempt to keep tooltips uncluttered and easy to understand. Attempting to include the stipulation on the talent that it's proc rate is different based on the # of targets SWP is on is not only confusing to a casual player (potentially), but also awkward to use in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Attempting to include the stipulation on the talent that it's proc rate is different based on the # of targets SWP is on is not only confusing to a casual player (potentially), but also awkward to use in practice.
    How is this confusing? The talent procs on SW:P ticks. Dot up more targets, get more ticks, get more procs. I think anyone over the age of 13 could figure that out. Also how is it awkward? Multi doting is part of being a shadow priest. This talent simply gives you and extra benefit from multi doting.

the reason that mind sear was nerfed was because they buffed our mastery, mastery was proccing mindsear
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    How is this confusing? The talent procs on SW:P ticks. Dot up more targets, get more ticks, get more procs. I think anyone over the age of 13 could figure that out. Also how is it awkward? Multi doting is part of being a shadow priest. This talent simply gives you and extra benefit from multi doting.
    That wasn't what was suggested. Ripfull (the person Brusalk was commenting on) suggested that they limit procs from additional targets if multi-scaling was an issue, and had a full post on why it's a bad idea.

You're agreeing with him.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

After this patch shadow is a 100% useless spec. It seems Blizzard wants to all priests playing healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That wasn't what was suggested. Ripfull (the person Brusalk was commenting on) suggested that they limit procs from additional targets if multi-scaling was an issue, and had a full post on why it's a bad idea.

You're agreeing with him.
    And i guess you aren't agreeing with me either?

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic View Post
    the reason that mind sear was nerfed was because they buffed our mastery, mastery was proccing mindsear
    But then Blizzard should figure out. That mind sear should not proc of mastery and then buff it's dmg instead..
    - The way they handled this is totally retarded, cus once u get more mastery u will get more procs, and they would have to nerf it even more.
    As my point - blizzard is thinking with their ass! Like really, even my littlebrother would come up with a better idea than them!
    Now when they see u gain more mastery they're like "Oups, this is not working.. Let's come up with a new way, which could've been avoided if they took things into consideration.

Im sad , but hey then i can choose between one of my 6 other classes as they also fucked up our healing specs!
    Last edited by mmocc81b3c8690; 2012-07-19 at 09:32 AM.

Deleted
    Sigh.

I honestly think that, unless something drastic changes, Shadow isn't going to be used in Progression come MoP. For all Blizzard's "Oh, we won't make you choose certain talents, we want you to play the spec how you want" they've pretty much just pigeon holed shadow now. Mindbender *still* remains the biggest DPS increase for us from talents and while DI was probably a little too strong on multi-target fights it's now utterly, utterly useless in any single target fight.

Sear nerfs don't make sense, even if it is benefitting from Mastery. Unless we're top by a long, long way on AoE (which, I dont believe that we are) it wasn't needed.
    Apparitions are now a pointless mechanic almost. Might as well make them have a chance to proc an orb and at least make them useful, but oh well.

As much as I love my Shadow priest I think I might have to reroll just to get a raidspot, yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    It seems Blizzard wants to all priests playing healing.
    They see 1shots on bg. They cant allow that for shadow priests

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    They see 1shots on bg. They cant allow that for shadow priests
    Must be you only, cus i haven't seen that.
    - ele shamans with ascendance = destruction, and even we got more nerfed than them!

ascendance have 2 min cd while dp hit 200k+ and use evert 5sec. sw:i bugged and count swp from other sp
    Last edited by Aleaa; 2012-07-19 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    ascendance have 2 min cd while dp hit 200k+ and use evert 5sec. sw:i bugged and count swp from other sp
    200k + is a complete lie.
    150k MAX!

btw i'm sure that these nerfs killed our mood as we saw them. but did you guys read the patch notes for other classes? everyone got nerfed to the ground except for one or two abilities. this is not spriest doom in any way.

Drain Soul damage decreased by 66.6%.
    Crusader Strike damage and additional damage decreased by 19%.
    Chi Burst damage and healing reduced by 92%.
    Chi Wave damage and healing reduced by 85%.
    Zen Sphere damage was reduced by 78% and healing was reduced by 91%. AP scaling was reduced by 75%.
    Dream of Cenarius now increases healing done by your next healing spell by 30%, down from 70%.

just look at those numbers

just dks, hunters, shamans and warriors remain untouched regarding the dps abilities.

also someone said something about sear nerf in one of the upper posts. they fixed and buffed our mastery and it procs more sear ticks. imagine that with a 50% proc chance in the future. would be like "oooooooh"

EDIT: typos
    Last edited by Crudelitas; 2012-07-19 at 11:47 AM.

Here's a few points though, which people overlook. The buff to Mastery means increased proccs on Mind sear. Could be a reason for the nerf I guess.
    Same goes for Divine Insight.

I agree that 5% feels a bit weak though...
    But I can see how Mastery becomes a lot better than crit now, when it's tied with a talent such as DI.
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2012-07-19 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Was a bit slow there, I'll leave the post up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham View Post
    Same goes for Divine Insight.
    no1 care about mind sear
    nerfed by 65% for solo target fight

200k + is a complete lie.
    next time i'll show you screen with 225k damage without berserk
    Last edited by Aleaa; 2012-07-19 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    btw i'm sure that these nerfs killed our mood as we saw them. but did you guys read the patch notes for other classes? everyone got nerfed to the ground except for one or two abilities. this is not spriest doom in any way.

Drain Soul damage decreased by 66.6%.
    Crusader Strike damage and additional damage decreased by 19%.
    Chi Burst damage and healing reduced by 92%.
    Chi Wave damage and healing reduced by 85%.
    Zen Sphere damage was reduced by 78% and healing was reduced by 91%. AP scaling was reduced by 75%.
    Dream of Cenarius now increases healing done by your next healing spell by 30%, down from 70%.

just look at those numbers

just dks, hunters, shamans and warriors remain untouched regarding the dps abilities.

also someone said something about sear nerf in one of the upper posts. they fixed and buffed our mastery and it procs more sear ticks. imagine that with a 50% proc chance in the future. would be like "oooooooh"

EDIT: typos
    That Zen Sphere nerf is HUGE, but necessary.

And what about mages:

Frost Nova now has a 12 yd radius.
    Ice Lance damage decreased by 19%.

Frost
    Frostbolt damage decreased by 19%. Also causes the target to take an additional 8% damage from your Frostbolt and Ice Lance, and your Water Elemental's Waterbolt, stacking up to 3 times.

Major Glyphs
    Glyph of Icy Veins was reworked: Your Icy Veins causes your Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt, and Ice Lance spells to split into 3 smaller bolts that each do 160% damage, instead of increasing spell casting speed.

TO THE GROUND BABY!

Mastery is gonna be huge now. Multi-dotting all the way.

frost mage thing is a bit complicated. the damage is nerfed by 19% BUT they're having a stacking debuff on the target now, which means only first three frotbolts-ice lances will be hitting too low compared to the way it was. and the others will be hitting harder by 5%. i wouldn't call that a nerf. but they added a ramp up time at least.

what i don't understand is making apparitions proc off of crits AND reduce the damage. making one of these changes would be reasonable because of the mastery fix/buff, but both of them?

oh and also reducing DI proc chance to 5% is also a bit harsh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm speechless...
    Everything so balanced and good blizzard really have some odd thoughts!

1st thing i lol'ed at was the ShA dmg nerf.. Oh god - they hit like a feather that falls to the floor.
    2nd: Mind sear? Wtf - never ever saw that coming -.-
    3rd: DI was too OP when multi-dotting, but nerfing it to 5% for single target is just ridiculous.. They should tweak it, to somehow reduce proc rate when put on more than 1/2 targets. Because right now it's useless.

4th: FDCL, i was like yey, but again - why buff that single talent and nerf every other spell

Blizzard is weird tbh. They keep overlooking things thay may have to get nerfed, but nerfs something less powerful already.
    I don't get this anymore..
    Darts at a board. Or maybe a big wheel. I used to joke about it, but it truly has become random and incoherent. Ah well, I still have a mage I could level...