Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    rofl what are they charging 100g for a rod?

ive never charge any more than 10g for 1
    The expensive/lucrative part of rods' recipe wasn't the blacksmithing rod part of the recipe

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Removing another cool staple from when WoW was a great game. Hopefully this is just for Beta.
    An item that you make once and then completely ignore for the rest of an expansion, and which does literally nothing other than take up an inventory slot, is now a "cool staple" of the game? Seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by microtonal View Post
    An item that you make once and then completely ignore for the rest of an expansion, and which does literally nothing other than take up an inventory slot, is now a "cool staple" of the game? Seriously?
    Don't feed it.

OT: I don't see how this is a big deal either way. First it's most likely a beta only thing. Even if it goes live it's at best, a slight convenience for a leveling enchanter and a slight annoyance for anyone that was scraping together chump change from selling them.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Try 2-3k on my server.
    dang 10chars

Deleted
    I would plump for a beta only thing. It would eb a shame if they were removed imo as it ives some relevance to a large number of mats that would otherwise become meaningless. If people think the mats are that hard to get or the profits so large, then they could always farm and sell the items themselves to make a tidy profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    You can buy the mats for a Copper Rod off any Enchanting Supplier.

Remember? Making your Runed Copper Rod was literally the first thing you did when you got Enchanting.
    That was a LONG time ago, and two of the three mats are in limited supply at the vendors I've seen. The copper rod itself is fine.

Might go and make one now

Edit: Aha - Copper Rod is now used, I was thinking Runed Copper Rod
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2012-07-19 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by microtonal View Post
    He is wrong. The truly coolest awesomest thing that separated scrubs froom real enchanters was way way before, when enchanters had to have ALL the rods in their bags, because Copper one would only DE items level 1-15, and then golden one would only DE items level 40-50, etc etc for like 5 or 6 different rods... same went for enchanting: you needed to use the exact right rod to enchant specific things on gear.

Now that was hardcore. We consume enchanting rods too fast.

^^

Great news. For someone with multiple alts getting the mats/gold together for the rods is no big deal... however for a new player trying to level enchanting it is quite prohibitive.

I myself have recently been leveling an enchanter on a different server, and now this has me not wanting to continue playing this char until MoP, so personally I wish they would just toss this into a patch and get it out there.

Just another step down the long winding casualization of this game. People complained about it being expensive to level this so they cave. Dunno why they dont make it so you can just instantly get max level enchanting.

In my opinion Blizzard are ringing out professions like they did with PvP and Dungeon crawling, removing any need
    for interacting with anyone from your own realm whatsoever to get what you want. The only thing so far you need
    someone from your realm is Arena and RBG but I've heard they'll be doing something with that soon aswell.

I liked getting to know people on a personal level in my realm, it lead me to a great guild in which I spent a good few years of my
    virtual life in. There is nothing forcing you to mingle with people anymore and that saddens me :<

This change has no effect on me considering I already have a 525 enchanter live; but I could see how it could do wonders for players that want to level it up. I remember my first time leveling it up being stuck for a few days because I couldn't find someone to make me one of the rods needed to progress. It feels like they could keep the rod in the game and require upgrades to only cost enchanting mats.

Deleted
    Just charge a set fee when leveling. problem solved.

although I do like the idea of running round making your rod for some bizzare reason

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Primal Might is a PAIN to get.
    Usually 15+ of them for sale on my realm. I also try and keep the rod prices for all rods under 300g.

Whatever, blizz just seems to like to kill my markets.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

15+ Year Old Account
    While I agree that the rods were a real cockblock a lot of the time, and usually quite expensive, I did like the more physical milestone of creating them. On the other hand, they should have just reworked it a little to be easy to attain, even a vendor item+reg ench mats. Thorium rod? Get away. If this does go live, I hope they change it from Copper Rod, I want to be using something a bit nicer than that.

I think professions could use more complexity. In example with same tools, we could use different versions of mining picks:

Steel Mining Pick - allows to mine steel ore. Upgraded from standard Mining pick by Blacksmithing.
    Mythril Mining Pick - allows to mine steel ore. Upgraded from Steel Mining Pick by Blacksmithing,
    etc.

Same about Jeweler's toolkit, skinning knife etc.

They could have some non-standard versions, like special mining picks which would allow you to get 20% more ore from one vein, etc.

Imagine special enchanting rods, one would reduce cost in enchantig mats by 10%, other would have instant cast on disenchant, third one would allow to do "Void Shatter" type of operations, etc.

People, who stand behind such dumbifying changes to the game, ain't doing right thing.

Enchanting isn't even the most expensive profession to level. I did enjoy the idea of upgrading the rods, I'd rather they did something similar for the other professions actually.

Not an important change anyway, so I don't really care.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Just another step down the long winding casualization of this game. People complained about it being expensive to level this so they cave. Dunno why they dont make it so you can just instantly get max level enchanting.
    If you're going to post about the game getting too easy, you should probably have a more impressive toon in your signature. Belated grats on world 4592nd clear of H DS btw.

Mod Edit: No need to be rude.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-07-20 at 09:07 AM.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

ghost iron rod is next rod for chanters in mop innit?

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=82981

Quote Originally Posted by Zombyjuice View Post
    There is nothing forcing you to mingle with people anymore and that saddens me :<
    There is also nothing STOPPING you from mingling with people.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.