Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greech View Post
    If you're going to post about the game getting too easy, you should probably have a more impressive toon in your signature. Belated grats on world 4592nd clear of H DS btw.
    If you dont have arguments just make them look stupid ?

You mister just make me puke ...

Quote Originally Posted by jijiel2002 View Post
    If you dont have arguments just make them look stupid ?

You mister just make me puke ...
    I appologize for making you puke, don't forget to brush your grill.

OT: For one thing, this is most likely beta only, as others have mentioned, for another, name another profession that has a similar requirement of having to upgrade the tool needed to use it nearly every new tier along the route of leveling it. Do blacksmiths have to go out and acquire a new hammer once they hit a new level of their profession? SHOULD they? The only one that comes close to the same requirement is Engi, and that has so many different paths to take for skill ups that you rarely hit a stumbling block that is as large as a new enchanting rod can be. Really though, there isn't a single professoin that can be described as being overly difficult to level as it is, so if they do remove rods from chanting, so what?
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

On one side, leveling enchanting will be easier, on the other...well, there goes another tiny detail that added to immersion. :/
    There seems to be less and less of those...
    Last edited by Eliot123; 2012-07-19 at 10:40 AM.

If you're going to post about the game getting too easy, you should probably have a more impressive toon in your signature. Belated grats on world 4592nd clear of H DS btw.
    I like how my toon has anything to do with the enchanting profession, nice way to go offtopic there with a personal attack.

Deleted
    i hope we get too keep our current echanting rod as a momentum if this change makes it live. and that it stays usefull in such a scenario.

Deleted
    It wouldnt be a bad idea if all the other professions required you to buy certain equipment at various levels. There are too few items to sell as it is and ot helps keep some ol world mats slightly relevant.

I appologize for making you puke, don't forget to brush your grill.

OT: For one thing, this is most likely beta only, as others have mentioned, for another, name another profession that has a similar requirement of having to upgrade the tool needed to use it nearly every new tier along the route of leveling it. Do blacksmiths have to go out and acquire a new hammer once they hit a new level of their profession? SHOULD they? The only one that comes close to the same requirement is Engi, and that has so many different paths to take for skill ups that you rarely hit a stumbling block that is as large as a new enchanting rod can be. Really though, there isn't a single professoin that can be described as being overly difficult to level as it is, so if they do remove rods from chanting, so what?
    JC's would like to say hello (at least for the later end of their leveling). I want every other profession to only be able to learn a new recipe every 3-5 days then (or just get rid of this asinine requirement for JC's). Oh, and I do have every profession maxed across my characters - including the secondary ones for a lot of them.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    This sounds like good news to me, this or make them easier to make. When I came back and had my character restored the enchanting rod was one of the things I didn't get. It alone cost me several thousand gold to get up to par. It's silly considering the cost of the tools other professions use.

Went through all the mats required to get to the cata rod on the my server's AH statistics and it added up to about 3387 gold. And that's a conservative estimate as well as lower than most other server's standard prices, you could expect to slap on several hundred more gold most places. That just seems a little silly relative to how much of the cost of leveling an entire profession is at this point.
    Last edited by Honkeymagoo; 2012-07-19 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Primal Might is a PAIN to get.
    only took me half an hour to make the only one i needed :\

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree that professions need to be looked at but I don't think this is the area they should be focusing on.

The real thing that bothers me the most is the amount and variety of materials required. The speed of leveling these days (even without heirlooms) often means that you are out of the appropraite zone before you are even half way through that section of the profession. This inevitably means that you either have to farm more yourself (thus leveling you up even more) or you have to visit the AH and pay vastly inflated prices because no-one else if farming the stuff either. They need to address the materials required for each skill-up at lower levels, or do something like they did in Cata with some recipes granting you a +2, +3 or +5 skill-up.

This has stopped me leveling LW on my rogue (and all you fellow LW'ers already know the obscene amounts of leather that you need to raise this profession).

Deleted
    I like the change, I do not think making rods every now and then helped me to immerse more into the game :-/ it was just annoying.
    About the change to professions in general to make them easier to level on the side while leveling at an insane speed through heirlooms I'm not sure. Professions are not a must for every toon and twink. For people who want to level fast a gathering or two gathering professions might be ideal and those who want endgame bonuses as well as some goodies through their professions they have to level it. I like how that works right now.

Deleted
    Except for the fact there is a big chance this is a PTR thing only. No idea why its costing people several thousands if so then there really isnt an effective rod seller on your server and you should get some made. Show some backbone and farm the mats, some intelligence and farm the ah or some enterprise and make your money selling such rods. It costs to level because some people do not want to put in the effort of farming the materials. People leveling professions is one of the major ways to keep old materials relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Not even remotely hard to obtain the rods as they were...nor the mats to make them..........
    Golden Pearls were a pain in the ass to farm for the Arcanite Rod, otherwise you're right.

Stupid change if this goes to live. They should have just made the rods easier to make with less mats, or removed the "speed bump" rods like Arcanite. Barring the current shuffle's use of Stormforged Shoulders (which is really a fluke) they are the only truly consistent moneymaker for BS.

I am glad they are gone. It was an outdated thing anyhow. Will be nice to not have to make different ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I like how my toon has anything to do with the enchanting profession, nice way to go offtopic there with a personal attack.
    I appologize for the personal attack, I could have made my point without resorting to such. I guess I just lashed out due to annoyance with the constant "zomg this game is too easy" posts. If it makes you feel better, I honestly have no room to talk, having not only not raided in months, but having never killed a single heroic boss this entire xpac!

As for JC, It honestly didn't even cross my mind, I suppose I'm just accustomed to that particular block due to having a JC main, I can't really argue that its not just as bad (if not worse!) than the enchanting rods.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    rofl what are they charging 100g for a rod?

ive never charge any more than 10g for 1
    More, made a ton of money when I found a bs with eternium rod recipe and needed no fee. Listing them on AH for 500g when the mats cost under 10g.

i leveled 2 BS and when I did I made a ton of rods to lvl the skill up whenever i could. There really isn't a big enough market for rods, but if you release them slowly into the market it was a decent money grabber.

I leveled the profession years ago and I still have a few in my mule that I haven't sold yet. Oh well.

There is also nothing STOPPING you from mingling with people.
    Oh, yes, there is. None of it is Blizzard's fault, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Not even remotely hard to obtain the rods as they were...nor the mats to make them..........
    You have obviously never levelled Enchanting on a dead server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    That and getting a black pearl can be a pain. Hell most of the pearls needed are moronically expensive to get.
    Takes about 10 min to farm, if you know the locations of the clams.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water