Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    if this is true, I really hope they change the name of it..."Copper Rod" is suddenly so fantastic it can do the best, topmost enchants in the game, yet it is made from the absolute cheapest materials available...copper...It just seems pretty lame to me.

I'd prefer it if they changed the name to just "Enchanting Rod" or "Rod of Enchantment".

10+ Year Old Account
    Third best thing after removing different types of vials in cata and different types of parchment in mop.

I want like 5,000 gold back from all the mats I had to buy to craft the upgraded Rods. :-(

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Best update to enchanting as a profession since it was created.
    Lies.

Best ever was removing the trainer from that instance.

cost my friend 21k gold to level enchanting 1-525 on my realm ...its insane anything they can do to lower cost would be good .

I really don't think the removal of the rods is necessary, but at the same time it's no big change. I wish I could keep my higher level rod and just use it for nostalgia's sake (well, maybe I can? Not sure yet.)

I also really don't remember enchanting being all that pricey, rods included. Maybe it's because I farmed my own mats.

Deleted
    its good news i guess but i like a little bit of a grind in professions

Man it's about time. I hated leveling enchanting for that reason alone.

ahhh this is good all those times i had to get those bloody peral(gems) w.e they are called..... were freaking expensive lol 50g(yse yes golds when you are lvl40ish is pretty insane lol) was just too much :P heheh

so i had to explore the world just to find that rare gem~~ good change for new players
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    I have mixed feelings about this to be honest. While I always hated people that charged a lot for a simple rod, I kinda liked the grind-part of the Enchanting profession.
    Oh well, at least now I can level it easier on my mage with full tailoring.

Deleted
    Sorry but I do not think the grind argument is a valid one. Enchanting is about enchanting stuff, gathering mats through disenchanting things and then applying something to an item. That's how it is supposed to be leveled.
    I don't think it is so outrageously funny to farm one very rare pearl and it seems redundant at best and actually just silly. Albeit it is safe to say most of the players just buy the stuff off the AH anyways.
    Well now you still have "the grind" aka farm materials from disenchanting and gather other farmable materials without having to create a rod every few levels just to be able to enchant stuff with materials you gathered in a normal and as I would say fun way.

Yay, good change!

They were interesting while they were here. I do think it is time they went away though.

What's the point of even having any rods periods then if they're removing the others? Might as well not even need them. haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Removing another cool staple from when WoW was a great game. Hopefully this is just for Beta.
    Have to agree with this. It may have been a PITA, but I actually liked having to craft the runes. It added some form of real progress for me. I've leveled enchanting on at least 5 chars (think I have a low-level alt who is working on it too) because it's just so useful in instances, so I definitely know what it's like trying to find the mats to make the rods. However, I also have a character with each profession maxed, so I'm self-sufficient :-P

Also, if they're just going to remove them down to the runed copper, they need to toss it into the gnomish army knife.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2012-07-24 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I welcome this change. Enchanting rods have caused quite a bit of problem for me in past, I remember back in WoTLK, when I tried to enchant for a friend I noticed that my rod was gone. I thoroughly searched my bank, bags, buy back from a vendor, with both bagnon search function and going through the slots one by one.

I organize my bags so that I won't accidentally end up vendoring anything important, so there is no way, or at least extremely small chance that I've vendored it, it's more likely that I've destroyed it by dragging the wrong icon in the bag, but I usually notice such details.

I contacted GMs and they could not restore the item, or even give any details if I've accidentally vendored / destroyed it. Thus I ended up creating all rods up to Runed Titanium, luckily I was also a blacksmith so I spared some money.

One of the things I enjoyed when I started playing WoW was how different professions could use items other professions made... sadly WoW's been moving away from that direction without finding something to fill that niche.

I also miss my armorsmithing.

Deleted
    I'm powerleveling Tailoring/Enchanting on my Shadow/Holy Priest right now, (65, hit 350 on both yesterday....go me!) anyway, words cannot describe how much of an arse-ache getting the rods on my miniscule-pop server (Azjol Nerub EU Horde) actually is/was - I actually went & bought the Eternium/Elementium/Titanium rods just a few hours ago since I saw em so cheap compared to the 600g I paid just for the fel-iron one. its cost me 4k in mats already, & farming my own cloth when I got the time. so this change is great, truly great.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    One of the things I enjoyed when I started playing WoW was how different professions could use items other professions made... sadly WoW's been moving away from that direction without finding something to fill that niche.

I also miss my armorsmithing.
    There is something lost with all of this convenience. It's intangible, but yet, very real.

I miss checking vendors in out of the way places for recipes, and having cool crafting related items that you could only make inside of instances. They're taking away all of these little things that gave flavor to the game, and I think it's poorer because of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wilki24 View Post
    There is something lost with all of this convenience. It's intangible, but yet, very real.

I miss checking vendors in out of the way places for recipes, and having cool crafting related items that you could only make inside of instances. They're taking away all of these little things that gave flavor to the game, and I think it's poorer because of it.
    It was so amazing to craft flasks in sholomance. I LOVED IT

sorry for this sarcastic remark but I just can't stand reactionary thinking. It would be the same as to say DAMN I hate texting, writing letters was so much more flavourful. The game is developing and a large group of people just don't understand why there have to be 6 types of vials or 7 types of parchment when there can be only one. The potion and the glyph is the interesting part, not how many different (buyable) things you put in there.