Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm quite new as well, I just play bot games though. In bot games no one gets pissed, even when we had 2 teammates AFK one guy just quit without a word and the other guy just laughed about it with me. The one VS. match I played I did pretty well in - like 13-5-3 - and there was one douchey player who was apparently this really pro guy who got upset whenever anyone besides him got a kill. I've decided just to stick to bot matches until I'm not gonna make a stupid mistake, luckily as I said the players in bot matches are pretty cool and don't really care if you fuck up.

Its pretty easy, by your 5th game you generally should know most things

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Lol is pay2win.
    Obvious troll is obvious.

You don't have to pay a dime and could be 2k ELO.

"There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Well, no, scared isn't the right word. I'm apprehensive though, and it's because I know the MOBA (.../ARTS/your favorite acronym...) genre is incredibly unforgiving towards newbies. Or, well, the playerbase tends to be. And it's weird, because normally I don't care what people yell in chat. When I played WoW, people raging in Battleground chat actually amused me. But, well, I guess what really worries me is wasting other peoples' time. The MOBA genre tends to put extreme focus on individual skill and as the games are pretty long, I'm worried about being that guy who ruins the game for everyone else.

The only other game in the genre I've played is Heroes of Newerth, and that was only for a dozen games or so, so I'm the definition of newbie. Am I silly for being apprehensive? Is it as bad as I suspect?
    yep just go for bot games, if you want to vs people immediately get tank support champs because after learning how to correctly initiate/position to get kills for others you will know what todo when you play ranged ads and so on, otherwise go to bot games and there all you need to know at start is,

LAST HITS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

Best bet would be to team up with some people from this site for bot games. Make sure you DO NOT join intermediate/hard games unless you're familiar with the game/gametype. Most players in the beginner games are very friendly towards one another or just plain laid back. People who have a few bad games come join beginner games for a bit of relaxation. Make sure you don't just constantly afk and stuff and you'll be fine there. Learn, practice, but don't get too caught up on how easy it is, intermediate games will be a shocker if you try them too soon afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Quote Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post
    yep just go for bot games, if you want to vs people immediately get tank support champs because after learning how to correctly initiate/position to get kills for others you will know what todo when you play ranged ads and so on, otherwise go to bot games and there all you need to know at start is,

LAST HITS!
    Also being tanky helps if you have issues with self control But proper initiation is way harder than playing ap/ad carry/support imho.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post

LAST HITS!
    Meh, I find it quite hard to train last hitting in bot games, compared to real games, because the stupid bots are so overly agressive that they won't give you any time to do so untill you've killed them.

Play bot games and unlock a easy champ that deals a lot of damage while being able to take punishment like Garen, it's a good way of learning the game imo.

I wouldn't recommend playing against bots for too long. A few games is good, so you can kind of figure out how the game mechanics work, but bots do not behave like humans. At all.

Also, I would suggest doing some reading before you start. Sites Like mobafire, solomid, or LoLpro have helpful guides that can either explain key mechanics of the game, or shed some light on individual champions.

You're going to be bad at first. So, accept that and play some PvP. The matchmaking tries to match you with people of similar skill level (it's debatable whether it does) so you shouldn't have too much of an issue with that.

I think for the most part the recommend champions are pretty good to start with. The only one I wouldn't recommend (off the top of my head, I don't have a full list of them sitting on front of me) would be Master Yi. His mechanics and playstyle are quite easy, but it is hard to do well on him once people figure out how to use cc. Though if you do learn how to play him well, you've learned positioning and timing pretty well.

I would say give the game a shot. Maybe it won't be your cup of tea, but I've found that most people enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Meh, I find it quite hard to train last hitting in bot games, compared to real games, because the stupid bots are so overly agressive that they won't give you any time to do so untill you've killed them.
    While I agree, if you learn to last hit safely against a bot that is super aggressive towards you, then you should be even better at it when you have a nice calm lane against players

なんで自殺するのかな他の人殺せばいいのに

Just dont pay attention to huge D-bags in LoL(everyone who plays LoL)

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    While I agree, if you learn to last hit safely against a bot that is super aggressive towards you, then you should be even better at it when you have a nice calm lane against players
    And this is how I learned how to last hit before I started on ranked games.
    Frankly I didn't improve much the last 15 levels or so, it was after level 30 I became better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    Play bot games and unlock a easy champ that deals a lot of damage while being able to take punishment like Garen, it's a good way of learning the game imo.
    I'd also recommend ryze for mage (complete ezmode joke, but viable at all levels ) and tristana as attack damage dealer.
    Don't go ashe, tristana is more expensive IP wise, but free if you use gaybook.

People always give me crap when I play LoL, I'm terrible at it. but if you are just polite they are pretty forgiving.

I think some of you would be surprised at what intermediate bots will do since that AI change. Granted, they're still mostly predictable but still, some surprising stuff.

if u pick beginner when u make an account u will be matched up with players who have no idea what they are doing. really the best option if u have never played a game like LoL
    ggg

LOL.. play one game of DOTA2 and one game of LOL .. then you will not have this fear :P

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Play DotA 2 for a bit and you won't be scared of trying LoL anymore.
    Elitist douchebag DotA player.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    "Oh okay"
    *go into first PvP game vs. LeBlanc mid*

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Elitist douchebag DotA player.

"Oh okay"
    *go into first PvP game vs. LeBlanc mid*
    Someone stepped out of bed with the wrong foot this morning.

I started playing LoL a week ago, and i found it rather easy to play with following champions:
    Teemo(AD build obviosly, just dont forget to use shrooms wisely)
    Master Yi is easy to learn as well, but i found it's hard to play when youre facing an CC heavy team
    Ashe not too hard, you probably going to be asked to solo mid alot, say politely that you never done so.