Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post
    yep just go for bot games, if you want to vs people immediately get tank support champs because after learning how to correctly initiate/position to get kills for others you will know what todo when you play ranged ads and so on, otherwise go to bot games and there all you need to know at start is,

LAST HITS!
    Also being tanky helps if you have issues with self control But proper initiation is way harder than playing ap/ad carry/support imho.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post
    yep just go for bot games, if you want to vs people immediately get tank support champs because after learning how to correctly initiate/position to get kills for others you will know what todo when you play ranged ads and so on, otherwise go to bot games and there all you need to know at start is,

LAST HITS!
    Meh, I find it quite hard to train last hitting in bot games, compared to real games, because the stupid bots are so overly agressive that they won't give you any time to do so untill you've killed them.

Play bot games and unlock a easy champ that deals a lot of damage while being able to take punishment like Garen, it's a good way of learning the game imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't recommend playing against bots for too long. A few games is good, so you can kind of figure out how the game mechanics work, but bots do not behave like humans. At all.

Also, I would suggest doing some reading before you start. Sites Like mobafire, solomid, or LoLpro have helpful guides that can either explain key mechanics of the game, or shed some light on individual champions.

You're going to be bad at first. So, accept that and play some PvP. The matchmaking tries to match you with people of similar skill level (it's debatable whether it does) so you shouldn't have too much of an issue with that.

I think for the most part the recommend champions are pretty good to start with. The only one I wouldn't recommend (off the top of my head, I don't have a full list of them sitting on front of me) would be Master Yi. His mechanics and playstyle are quite easy, but it is hard to do well on him once people figure out how to use cc. Though if you do learn how to play him well, you've learned positioning and timing pretty well.

I would say give the game a shot. Maybe it won't be your cup of tea, but I've found that most people enjoy it.

Deleted
    Just dont pay attention to huge D-bags in LoL(everyone who plays LoL)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    While I agree, if you learn to last hit safely against a bot that is super aggressive towards you, then you should be even better at it when you have a nice calm lane against players
    And this is how I learned how to last hit before I started on ranked games.
    Frankly I didn't improve much the last 15 levels or so, it was after level 30 I became better and better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    Play bot games and unlock a easy champ that deals a lot of damage while being able to take punishment like Garen, it's a good way of learning the game imo.
    I'd also recommend ryze for mage (complete ezmode joke, but viable at all levels ) and tristana as attack damage dealer.
    Don't go ashe, tristana is more expensive IP wise, but free if you use gaybook.

People always give me crap when I play LoL, I'm terrible at it. but if you are just polite they are pretty forgiving.

I think some of you would be surprised at what intermediate bots will do since that AI change. Granted, they're still mostly predictable but still, some surprising stuff.

if u pick beginner when u make an account u will be matched up with players who have no idea what they are doing. really the best option if u have never played a game like LoL
    ggg

LOL.. play one game of DOTA2 and one game of LOL .. then you will not have this fear :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Play DotA 2 for a bit and you won't be scared of trying LoL anymore.
    Elitist douchebag DotA player.

While I agree, if you learn to last hit safely against a bot that is super aggressive towards you, then you should be even better at it when you have a nice calm lane against players
    "Oh okay"
    *go into first PvP game vs. LeBlanc mid*

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post

"Oh okay"
    Someone stepped out of bed with the wrong foot this morning.

Deleted
    I started playing LoL a week ago, and i found it rather easy to play with following champions:
    Teemo(AD build obviosly, just dont forget to use shrooms wisely)
    Master Yi is easy to learn as well, but i found it's hard to play when youre facing an CC heavy team
    Ashe not too hard, you probably going to be asked to solo mid alot, say politely that you never done so.

Deleted

"Oh okay"
    I think he meant that DotA2 community is much, much worse than the LoL community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand your apprehension, I've played over 1700 matches and still am nervous of trying ranked. If you have a good grasp of strategy and a good memory it isn't too bad when playing. If you come up against champs that you don't know their abilities, try looking them up during the loading screen. After a while you'll have everything memorized so you can know what to be wary of when playing against them. Looking up guide is an excellent idea but keep in mind that guides may NOT answer everything, the good guides will provide alternate builds and ways to modify your build depending on what type of team you're playing against(typical stuff like mercury treads against teams with lots of cc, ninja tabi against teams with lots of AD[attack damage] champs). I don't think you need to worry too much about matches while leveling. Ask questions, best place to ask is probably the forums because you're less likely to be given troll answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Start the game, go do the tutorial until you know what to do.
    Play a couple of bot games, and then venture into a normal pub and just try your hardest.
    You'll get the hang of it, and if people rage, put them on ignore, and keep trying.

I don't rage at people until they get to lv30 and either try to 'captain' the game, or talk trash and feed. (e.g. EVERY GAME)

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT; GET TO LEVEL 30 FROM ONLY VS'ing AI(Bots), you will still suck, and I'll get annoyed. But so many people do it! AHAHHHHHHHHHHHH
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Someone stepped out of bed with the wrong foot this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    I think he meant that DotA2 community is much, much worse than the LoL community.

Relax, I'm joking.

Why'd you have to ruin it?
    Well, it's likely to happen with smurfs at lower level and stuff.

Relax, I'm joking.
    NO. THIS IS SUPER SERIOUS BUSINESS.

( Seriously though, that is an amazing amount of hours played. D: )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    NO. THIS IS SUPER SERIOUS BUSINESS.

( Seriously though, that is an amazing amount of hours played. D: )
    The client counts time you've spent in the lobby and a lot of that is alt tab time.