Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    And forgetting to close it when you go to sleep at times, of course.

But now that I think about it, I get how ya feel about it. I never really got into LoL so whenever I feel like giving it a try, I'm just kind of reluctant. Maybe it's just because I'm not sure it'd be fun without other people to actually play with occasionally. There's not really much to be truly "scared" of, even in these competitive games; most of it's just the fear of doing poorly, which is logical, if not a bit silly at times. If you improve over time, then it's all for good, no? :P
    Is it a bad thing if I'm slightly bored out of my wits half the time even in real life?

Play moderatively safe. Play super safe when counterpicked (i.e. you lose lane trades badly).
    Don't overextend.
    Farm farm farm farm farm farm farm farm. Items win games.
    Pick easy&strong champs&learn proper build on solomid or mobafire.

... win; a lot.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

So! Update time!

I watched videos. I read guides! I created my account! I downloaded the client! I played the tutorial! I played the battle challenge! I tried a custom game alone! I played a few games vs. bots! Aaaand....

...it reminds me a bit of doing dungeons in WoW. People aren't talking at all, it's pure business. Get into the game, kill the trash mobs, get your points. It's alright though, I get it - they're bot games, people aren't doing them to be social. And I actually had fun, and it went well:

There are things I still don't really get, and it's hard to know what all the other champions can do. I picked Katerina after reading up on some different champions because her shunpo ability sounded like fun. It is! I have a really difficult time at the start of the game though, I barely do any damage and I have a hard time last-hitting minions if I'm up against a ranged champion because they keep sniping me if I try. Oh well!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you're having a bit of a good time though, so s'all good. You'll learn a lot of "what to do" as you get your practice in, so after a while you won't have those issues so much later on. Heck, what you did sounds like a good idea to my tired head at the moment, so now I'll have to do that. :P
    Is it a bad thing if I'm slightly bored out of my wits half the time even in real life?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    There are things I still don't really get, and it's hard to know what all the other champions can do. I picked Katerina after reading up on some different champions because her shunpo ability sounded like fun. It is! I have a really difficult time at the start of the game though, I barely do any damage and I have a hard time last-hitting minions if I'm up against a ranged champion because they keep sniping me if I try. Oh well!
    You can use Kat's Q to last hit if the enemy is harassing you from ranged.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Katarina has bad early laning phase, one of the worst actually. Usually with runes you can compensate for it, but you don't have them at this level. If enemy plays something like Le Blanc against you consider asking ppl for a switch. Early game you have to play very safe.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    There are things I still don't really get, and it's hard to know what all the other champions can do.
    There is an ingame help describing every champion with short videos. And you can watch spotligts on youtube, they give some insight. But oh boy, you gotta learn 102 champions. Good luck XD

102! OMG, the game was much easier when I started playing it.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Well, no, scared isn't the right word. I'm apprehensive though, and it's because I know the MOBA (.../ARTS/your favorite acronym...) genre is incredibly unforgiving towards newbies. Or, well, the playerbase tends to be. And it's weird, because normally I don't care what people yell in chat. When I played WoW, people raging in Battleground chat actually amused me. But, well, I guess what really worries me is wasting other peoples' time. The MOBA genre tends to put extreme focus on individual skill and as the games are pretty long, I'm worried about being that guy who ruins the game for everyone else.

The only other game in the genre I've played is Heroes of Newerth, and that was only for a dozen games or so, so I'm the definition of newbie. Am I silly for being apprehensive? Is it as bad as I suspect?
    The game is easy. I am about level 14/15 and have found one person who is a lot better than me, the rest are as good as I was entering the game. When you reach level 30, I imagine you will find people a lot better - and teams a lot better (ranked), but it's a long way there (lots of hours of playing, probably around 100 or so), you have a long time to learn and get used to loads of champs.

Pick the game up, you won't be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    By the time people actually start caring (around level 20-30) you'll have a hang of the game and make less fuck ups, everyone makes mistakes, even the flamers. Ignore them and try the game, really worth it.