Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Steam Trade Thread

Welcome to the Steam Trade thread! For best results, please add the URL of your steam profile, such as http://steamcommunity.com/id/icedwarrior/ to your post.

Since there's been some confusion about what can and cannot be traded, here's some frequently asked questions:

Q: What items can be traded?
    A: Currently, Steam gifts/games, Team Fortress 2 items, Spiral Knights items, and Portal 2 items can all be traded.

Q: What do you mean by trading Steam Gifts?
    A: Any game you’ve purchased from the store as a gift, or received as an Extra Copy, can be traded to other users. They can be used to trade for other Gifts, or for items in games supporting Steam Trading. We’ve added a new checkout option to the Store when purchasing a gift so you can save it for trading or sending later, to support users who want to save games for trade fodder.

Q: Why aren't some of my gifts tradable?
    A: Only gifts that are purchased on trusted accounts can be traded immediately; otherwise there is a 30-day cool down before the gift can be traded. Any account that has made any valid purchase from the Steam Store more than 30 days ago is considered trusted. This is to ensure that all games traded are valuable, and help prevent fraudulent purchases for the purpose of trades. If you do not make a purchase on your Steam account after being labeled as trusted within a year your status will be reset and you will need to wait an additional 30-days before being trusted again.

Q: Does Steam Trading mean I can sell my used games?
    A: No, only games that have been bought as a gift, and thus have never been played, can be traded. Once the Steam Gift is opened and added to your game library, you won’t be able to trade it again.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2013-05-02 at 09:28 PM.

I have Half Life 2 and Episode 1, will trade practically for anything
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Anyone want to trade for my Tropica 4 Steam Special Edition Bundle.
    I bought it on impulse when it was on daily deal because it was normally $65 dollers and I couldnt pass it up. xD
    Equal value of course, I don't mind keepin it because the game is ADDICTING, but if anyone missed it on sale and wants it lets talk!!

Thanks Iced for the lead here. Even if no one sees it now, someone will see it and I will get my full play through by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    To my knowledge kirby you can only trade unplayed games, or games still in the gift state...If i could trade played games i have decent list id trade :O.

Heres the FAQ:
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...6748-ETSG-5417
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    To my knowledge kirby you can only trade unplayed games, or games still in the gift state...If i could trade played games i have decent list id trade :O.

Heres the FAQ:
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...6748-ETSG-5417
    Hmmm, that would make since or else everyone would just bandwagon games and never buy. I have never traded with anyone so my knowledge on that is not as good as most xD... I was just informed you could trade (besides gifting)like 3 days ago, so failllll to me on that too HA

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Steam claims its due to Publishers blocking it (which i believe), but i really wish there was a way to get partial refund, or Steam Credit with old games.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Yeah, Steam claims its due to Publishers blocking it (which i believe), but i really wish there was a way to get partial refund, or Steam Credit with old games.
    Thats a huge thing with me right now. I played xbox more than anything until around March, when I got my insanely customed computer that makes things look way to clean to be a pc. I moved into computer games around April and started using Steam in Mayish. (I have heard about it, but not much) Since then I have sold al my xbox games for more then I have bought them on steams summer sale xD, basically replacing andadding their DLC that I never had for LESS then I sold them for xbox version, and having it most on texture packs that make me want to kick myself in the face for not doing this sooner... PSHHHH the days I thought the graphics on consoles were sooooo amazing has been crushed in 3 months. Makes you wonder how it will be in 20 years... I'm going to hate I can't sell these games though... I wil NEVER play 90% of them when I get done with them sadly..

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyFlippinRules View Post
    -snip-
    I hear you. I have been a console gamer all my life, until about 6 months ago, when I officially "discovered" Steam. And what a discovery. 75%+ sales, etc. I love it. That said, mind keeping this thread to Steam trading?

Quote Originally Posted by nickel510 View Post
    I should have asked this before, but how do you know if you can trade your games on steam? I got all these from the steam summer sale and haven't played or downloaded any of them so I'm assuming I can still trade them.
    If your games are tagged as "Tradable", or "Gift", they are tradable (basically, if they're in your Steam Inventory). If they're in your Library, they're not tradable. Unless I'm mistaken.

Edit: I attempted to look up your name on Steam, "nickel510" wasn't found.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2012-07-20 at 07:19 AM.

Well, European Union did accept that used digital property reselling law, maybe Steam will implement selling/trading used games (I reckon they will take a % of the sale to make it worth to them)
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Giving: Left 4 dead 2

Wanting: Stuff that is roughly 5€(what I paid for it ( see stuff here: http://www.steamprices.com/eu ))

Red faction armageddon (is 5e)
    hard reset + witcher 1?
    Alan wake american nightmare + witcher 1?
    Section 8 + witcher 1?

You get the idea.

Edit: http://steamcommunity.com/id/iceleaf89/games?tab=all games I got, also my steam nick

I have for trade:
    2 copies terraria
    1 copy magicka
    2 copies dota 2 beta

ISO:
    Fallout III: New Vegas DLC Old world blues, lonesome road.
    Krater

15+ Year Old Account
    I got:

2 copies Terraria
    2 copies Payday the Heist
    1 copy CS:S guest pass
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    I got:

2 copies Terraria
    2 copies Payday the Heist
    1 copy CS:S guest pass
    Want to trade payday for L4D? maybe? :P yes no? Gosh why did steam had to buy the game twice, its too popular to try for trade for

I've got a copy of Mass Effect that I'd like to trade and I'm looking for The Witcher. Or PM me about an offer.

I have a copy of Frozen Synapse, willing to trade for just about anything. PM me if interested.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Want to trade payday for L4D? maybe? :P yes no? Gosh why did steam had to buy the game twice, its too popular to try for trade for
    L4D1 yes, L4D2 no.

- Prince Malchezaar

Got HL2 to trade, if there's somebody who doesn't have it.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Got HL2 to trade, if there's somebody who doesn't have it.
    I give you payday the heist for it.

- Prince Malchezaar

I have

Alice: Madness Returns
    Lucidity

available for trade.