Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just a fair warning: I think I may have been duped by nightstalkerr; steamID Pr!Me' EL!T!CA. We discussed a trade for my Torchlight II Steam copy for his Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate key. I saw that he had good rep on his Steam account so went ahead and traded TLII and gave him my email for the key telling him to let me know when he sends it. He responded with a "will do", started playing Skyrim and then logged off about 2 minutes later after removing me from this friend's list. I have yet to receive the key after nearly 12 hours.

I'll delete this post if I receive the key or if it comes under naming and shaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    yup sucks someone on here will do that.. cant admins edit out key code trades.. its a not allowed on steam yet allowed here on a stream trade thread? lol.

i guess in the future just avoid key codes and only use tradables.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'll delete this post if I receive the key or if it comes under naming and shaming.
    I'm sorry to hear that Flaks. Hopefully it's a misunderstanding. But I know the feeling of being scammed and it is not pleasant.
    Last edited by Tuqui-tuqui; 2013-07-24 at 01:23 PM.
    I'm still thinking about it...

-snip-
    And that's why you don't trust people. I would never give someone a game and let them give me a game later, that just invites trouble. Sorry to hear that, though, I hope it gets resolved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    yup sucks someone on here will do that.. cant admins edit out key code trades.. its a not allowed on steam yet allowed here on a stream trade thread? lol.

i guess in the future just avoid key codes and only use tradables.
    It is allowed. It can be risky, but it is allowed. If it's not, then Steam Trades shouldn't exist, since a large majority of trading going on there are keys.

Edit: His Steamrep. Doesn't look trustworthy to me.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2013-07-24 at 03:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    It is allowed. It can be risky, but it is allowed. If it's not, then Steam Trades shouldn't exist, since a large majority of trading going on there are keys.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...9958-MJDG-3003

What should I not trade for?

Do not trade for anything that cannot be added into the trade window within Steam. The most common examples of these scenarios are the following:

Trading items/gifts for money outside of the Steam Community market. You cannot add wallet credit or any form of money into the trade window. A common example of this is trading for items/gifts in return for money via PayPal.
    Trading items/gifts for CD Keys. You cannot add a CD Key into the trade window. CD Keys that are offered can be for a different game, fake, used or region restricted. A common example of this trade is trading items/gifts in return for a promotional CD Key that is never given to you.
    Trading items/gifts for nothing in return in the first trade and expecting to get an item or gift in a later trade. There is no reason to not trade everything in one trade. You may add unlimited items/gifts to a single trade. A common example of this is adding your items/gifts in one trade. Then the other user states that they will trade you their share or the rest of the items/gifts in another trade, but never do.

youre not allowed to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    youre not allowed to do it.
    No where does it state that it is against the ToS, or what-have-you. All that paragraph is saying is that it is risky, and to that I agree.

Deleted
    No where does it state that it is against the ToS, or what-have-you. All that paragraph is saying is that it is risky, and to that I agree.
    im sorry but i dont know how valve can make it any clearer than "Do not trade for anything that cannot be added into the trade window within Steam".

it then goes on about how to report scammers.. all that valve are saying is that they wont return items if ure scammed. This doesnt mean its a risky idea.. its just that you should also be aware of what is allowed and what isnt.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-07-24 at 04:32 PM.

Yes it dose even Insanoflex posted it "Do not trade for anything that cannot be added into the trade window within Steam"

The keys you mite be thinking of is TF2/Dota2 Keys that can be put into the trade window because they are a item. What Flaks was talking about is a CD key that put's the game on your account after you redeem it.

Example: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX that is the kind of key he got scammed on not Dota2/TF2 keys.

It is 100% against the ToS because you can not put it in the trade window.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a fair warning: I think I may have been duped by nightstalkerr; steamID Pr!Me' EL!T!CA. We discussed a trade for my Torchlight II Steam copy for his Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate key. I saw that he had good rep on his Steam account so went ahead and traded TLII and gave him my email for the key telling him to let me know when he sends it. He responded with a "will do", started playing Skyrim and then logged off about 2 minutes later after removing me from this friend's list. I have yet to receive the key after nearly 12 hours.

Your best bet is to report them to valve. I personally spoke to Pr!Me' EL!T!CA yesterday on a trade but can't remember what its about. But if they really did scam you "Not saying your lieing" report it to valve. You mite not get the item back but they can see the chat log and see that he scammed you and there is a good chance if its proven that happen he will be banned.

Edit: We didn't trade tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I know it was complete stupidity on my part but I'm still giving him benefit of the doubt and keep messaging him/waiting. If I don't hear back soon I'll report him on Steam.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I know it was complete stupidity on my part but I'm still giving him benefit of the doubt and keep messaging him/waiting. If I don't hear back soon I'll report him on Steam.
    I would just go ahead and report him because the longer u wait the harder it mite be for them to do anything.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I would just go ahead and report him because the longer u wait the harder it mite be for them to do anything.
    Well if you guys are right about the ToS it's likely they won't do anything anyways. The only reason I'll report him is to just red flag him for other traders just like mentioning it here kinda lowers his chances of scamming people here as well. I realize there's little to nothing I can do about getting my game back if it's ToS issue though I'll still try.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's why you don't trust people. I would never give someone a game and let them give me a game later, that just invites trouble. Sorry to hear that, though, I hope it gets resolved soon.

I based his "steam rep" after the amount of positive posts he had on trades =/ Didn't know this site existed. Shoulda done my research.

On a more thread related note, if someone wants to trade their DA:O Ultimate for Civ V Gold Edition let me know.

Well if you guys are right about the ToS it's likely they won't do anything anyways. The only reason I'll report him is to just red flag him for other traders just like mentioning it here kinda lowers his chances of scamming people here as well. I realize there's little to nothing I can do about getting my game back if it's ToS issue though I'll still try.

- - - Updated - - -

I based his "steam rep" after the amount of positive posts he had on trades =/ Didn't know this site existed. Shoulda done my research.
    It is against the ToS and you mite get lucky and they give u the item back. They don't do refunds but they did a one time refund for me about a week ago. So who knows what they will do but I would report him asap.

I would also post a -rep on both his steam trades page and steam profile and stating why.

I just reported him but it's not letting me write anything on his trades page since I'm not his friend I'm guessing. I hope I get a refund at least. I was really looking forward to Dragon Age Origins though

Also the email I gave him happened to be the one tied to my Steam account for him to send me the key. I did pretty much everything you could do wrong in a scenario like this lol. Is there any chance he could hack it somehow with that info alone? If so I want to make sure not to input my credit card info in for purchasing Trine 2.

Also the email I gave him happened to be the one tied to my Steam account for him to send me the key. I did pretty much everything you could do wrong in a scenario like this lol. Is there any chance he could hack it somehow with that info alone? If so I want to make sure not to input my credit card info in for purchasing Trine 2.
    Unless you gave him your password there is no chance that he will access your account. Steam requires an authorization code (delivered to your email) to access your Steam account in a different location. Just make sure you have different passwords for Steam and your email (this is more of a common sense thing).
    I'm still thinking about it...

Ok good to know. And yes I have different passwords lol, I didn't go THAT full retard.

Ok good to know. And yes I have different passwords lol, I didn't go THAT full retard.
    You should be fine and if he really had the key he should have posted it in the trade chat.

That is how I got Awesomenauts the guy posted the code in the chat itself and even gave me a DLC. All I did was trade 2 TF2 keys so I wasn't to worried about being scammed since the value is small.

I wouldn't trust those who say they will give u a Key "not meaning Tf2/Dota2 key" and if you do decide to do a trade like that make them post the key in the trade window.

Deleted
    you wont get your item back but he potentially gets his whole account banned.. thats the best outcome. sucks but yeah we've all been scammed or lowballed one time or another. It just makes you more careful in the future...

wanna trade serious sam 2 66% off coupon for somthing of similiar value
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

I'm looking to trade keys for the following games for trading cards for pretty much any of my games that can use it (http://steamcommunity.com/id/chimimoryo/games?tab=all).

Gumboy Crazy Adventures
    Off-Road Drive
    Shattered Haven
    Tidalis

I don't mind going first as long as you can show me you have the cards in your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Qoo View Post
    I'm looking to trade keys for the following games for trading cards for pretty much any of my games that can use it (http://steamcommunity.com/id/chimimoryo/games?tab=all).

Gumboy Crazy Adventures
    Off-Road Drive
    Shattered Haven
    Tidalis

I don't mind going first as long as you can show me you have the cards in your inventory.
    You shouldn't need to go first since you can post both items in the trade window.

Unless you mean CD keys you redeem and like it was posted early'er trading the CD keys you Redeem is breaking ToS of Steam and I personally wouldn't do it because of the risk of being scammed.

Not saying you would scam and I myself have only done that once but won't again. Can't you redeem the key and make it a gift so you can trade it in the trade window?