10+ Year Old Account

[MoP] Account Wide and Meta Achievements

I tried doing a search and couldn't find anything that answered my specific question, so I thought I would bring it to you lovely folk.

Let's take Glory of the Dragon Soul Raider as that is the most current Meta Achievement. Say I have all the achievements done except for one on my first toon, but that one I don't have I have on a second toon. Will the Meta achievement gather achievements from being account wide, or does an entire meta have to be earned on a single toon?

Thanks in advance!

I believe they combine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some achievements are "meta achievements."

These are achievements that require you to get other specific achievements. An infamous example is "What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been." These achievements generally ARE account-wide. If one character earned Noble Gardener and another character earned The Flame Warden, then your account would get Long Strange Trip. (Otherwise it would be weird: it would look as if you had the sub-achievements, but you wouldn't have the meta-achievement). Even though you need Explore Thousand Needles on one character, all of your characters can contribute to Explore Kalimdor.
    Though it doesn't reference dungeon/raid achievements directly you get the idea of what it's going to be like.
    Cheers, mate. (all I did to find this was type in Account Wide Achievements into google...)
    Link to article here.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Look for "account level progress" on the achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... That's good to know. Hopefully it gets implemented that way. Being able to complete a meta across several toons will be nice.

Deleted
    Sorry to hijack and if this has been asked before but I can't find the answer.

My main has completed the What a Long Strange Trip it's been and I was wondering if my alts will also get it and the benefits it brings?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Numptydumbty View Post

My main has completed the What a Long Strange Trip it's been and I was wondering if my alts will also get it and the benefits it brings?

Thanks.
    afaik, yes. But they still have to be the level at which you could earn it. Depending on when MOP is released in regards to events like Brewfest, Hallow's Eve and Winter's Veil, you may have to be level 90 on your alts before they are eligable for it due to these events having a boss you have to kill, which requires pretty much max level for the time to complete.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-07-19 at 09:17 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Thanks for that very helpful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Numptydumbty View Post

Thanks.
    You will get the mount on every toon that is for sure since they already said that only the PVP mounts wont be account wide. Not sure about all the titles though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    You will get the mount on every toon that is for sure since they already said that only the PVP mounts wont be account wide. Not sure about all the titles though.
    Titles will be the same as mounts, you get them on the level you are supposed to

bnet: Adimaru #2805