Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    IS the talking bear at around 6:10 a Kodan or a Norn in bear form?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    I hated the commentary in the video, and his gameplay style was infuriating, but at least we got a look at the visuals.
    Ya it was pretty awful, especially for being from and IGN guy. The commentary around the character creation and the dynamic event with the hounds and spiders irritated me. I stopped watching shortly thereafter. I would expect that from someone who's mmo experience is minimal and their knowledge of guild wars sup par, but not from an IGN guy.

Other than that it's good, will probably be making a sylvari guardian, norn warrior, human thief, and asura mesmer. So stoked for this game!

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Can't help but laugh at these sorts of blanket statements, made by people who assume to speak for everyone. I've played the BWEs, and I've played the MoP beta, and I'll play both when they launch...it's hilarious to read such hyperbole as "opened my eyes", "how shitty WoW is", "you'll never go back to WoW again". Why is it that whenever a new MMO is about to be launched, all these sorts of posts come out of the woodwork? Is bashing WoW considered cool on forums that aren't WoW-related?
    Um, it's not really a blanket statement. And I didn't say anywhere that I was speaking for everyone. More of just my personal opinion on the matter. But way to misread what I typed? Good for you? And yes, it did personally open my eyes to how shitty WoW has been, even for the past 4-5 years. I didn't notice it at the time, but now that something better has come along, it finally made me realize it. My experience and opinion =/= your experience and opinion. Get lost troll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Um, it's not really a blanket statement. And I didn't say anywhere that I was speaking for everyone. More of just my personal opinion on the matter. But way to misread what I typed? Good for you? And yes, it did personally open my eyes to how shitty WoW has been, even for the past 4-5 years. I didn't notice it at the time, but now that something better has come along, it finally made me realize it. My experience and opinion =/= your experience and opinion. Get lost troll.
    Calling someone else a troll when it was infact you acting as one in the first place. Nice job mate

Anyways. This is looking to be yet another one of those threads where gw2-fanbois comes to say how shitty wow is and
    how great gw2 is. Do we really need another one of them? Its like the 1000th already. Oh well... guess the mods like these threads!?

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thus people here are a bit grumpy and on edge at the moment.
    I've been grumpy for the past couple of months with the amount of ignorant questions that can be answered with either a simple google search or by reading a sticky.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by Fhaerris View Post
    you really compared nelf home "city" to the Sylvari one? Dayum
    Well, Darnassus is in a tree.

Other than that, they're not really comparable though.

---------- Post added 2012-07-21 at 05:53 PM ----------

Don't take it personally. These forums are getting somewhat invaded by, lets face it - Wow players, due to the current beta weekend, and everyone of them seems to like to ask (stupid) questions that were asked an hour ago etc. Thus people here are a bit grumpy and on edge at the moment.
    I also haven't slept for 24 hours.

That contributes.