Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    They'll fix that too.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, as some people said, many other's have done and do it to see people leaving the group and increase their chances on loot.

So it's gonna be a matter of luck for you I guess. Good or bad luck.

Next time jump before you go.. it's a classic and it always leaves you free of anything if you suddenly need to AFK

15+ Year Old Account
    I was once kicked trying it (had to go to the loo anyways), as I "had left the group" and didn't receive any gold. They should have tried the same if they cared about the gold.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    You're asking, seems like you did it intentionally, no idea whether or not you'll be penalized for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    I heard this from a couple of peeps. I can be done on the chest after ultraxion, spine and madness. Nice progress for the Got My Mind on My Money achievement.
    Even better way, go and 2man TK and SSC. Each boss dropping 250g, and there's like 6 bosses in SSC and 4 in TK = 1250g looted each. Go 3 man BT, similar situation, and loot all the trash too getting at least 60s per mob. I looted over 2.2k yesterday to push to finish my achievement before I go on holiday (got the 100k and I go this afternoon!) so it works a charm.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Sadly, as some people said, many other's have done and do it to see people leaving the group and increase their chances on loot.

So it's gonna be a matter of luck for you I guess. Good or bad luck.

Next time jump before you go.. it's a classic and it always leaves you free of anything if you suddenly need to AFK
    It doesn't increase anyone's chance on loot. The roll windows pop up automatically for everyone in the raid as soon as the chest is opened. If they don't pass, they can drop raid and any items they win will show up in their mailbox after the instance ID expires. All this does is increase the amount of gold received by everyone that remains in the instance when the gold is looted.

EDIT: Loot going to mailbox only applies to LFD/LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    If you stand there accessing the chest without looting the gold you can. Gold doesn't go to people automatically, someone has to loot it from the chest/boss first. Since gold is evenly divided among the current party members if you don't loot it right away and instead wait for people to drop group you get more gold.
    This is not entirely accurate. Those party/raid members have to actually be inside the instance to receive their share of the gold. If they are anywhere outside the instance or ghost running at the moment the gold gets picked up, the gold doesn't get split with them.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-07-20 at 10:31 AM.

They can report you for anything. They probably won't do anything though, because I did it all the time and nothing happened to me. It's free gold. Think you can even kick people after all the items are gone and there's a few of you in there.

It's their own fault for putting it in a chest and having chests only allow one person access them at a time. Common sense would suggest that it's not a good idea for random groups where any and all forms of trolling happens.

If somebody does it to you, have a priest life grip them away.

I always click the gold after a minute or two though. Anyone hanging about knows it already and has gone AFK to wait for their gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle View Post
    what real life issues stop you from not looting which would take all of 0.25 seconds.
    Epics induced ejaculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    They can report you for anything. They probably won't do anything though, because I did it all the time and nothing happened to me. It's free gold. Think you can even kick people after all the items are gone and there's a few of you in there.

It's their own fault for putting it in a chest and having chests only allow one person access them at a time. Common sense would suggest that it's not a good idea for random groups where any and all forms of trolling happens.

If somebody does it to you, have a priest life grip them away.

I always click the gold after a minute or two though. Anyone hanging about knows it already and has gone AFK to wait for their gold.
    It's not blizzards fault that you found a way to exploit the game, it's your parents fault that you are a douche.

My guildies and I used to do this a ton if we were stuck in a bad group with multiple wipes or players doing a sub-par amount of DPS or HPS or tanks that couldn't tank. There were generally only ever three of us in there at a time, so we'd end up splitting the gold three ways if no one else noticed and dropped group after loot went out. It may sound dickish, but we only did it when the groups were terrible in some way, shape or form, and while it doesn't excuse "stealing" gold from others who did decently, we would in fact loot the chest and let the gold distribute itself if the bad players already left.

As far as I know, Blizzard won't do anything about it because we were all reported multiple times, and priests did try to grip us away but generally gave up after one of us would keep sitting on the chest while the others got pulled off. We'd actually be able to make it back to the chest before the priests did, as well, if we were running solo. You could do the same thing back in CoS and now in WoE (among others, though those are the most prominent), although the gold gained is much lower, of course.

Do people really get upset over 15g?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowpass View Post
    After downing madness in lfr, i was first to loot the chest. Due to real life issues arising, i promptly left my keyboard while still accessing the chest. Upon returning i was still in the chest and was accused of doing so to get more gold. While this was not my intent a player in the group reported me.

My question is can i get reported for this?
    so you where spaming the chest in order to loot it 1st but you didnt missclick the gold so everyone will get it and while your real life issues arising you didnt have time to click once more true story bro
    what makes me mad tho is how ppl fail to be honest even here when there will be no consequence just say im a ninja and wanted the 450gold for my self nobody will know who you might be but saying those stupid lies i mean plz
    Last edited by mmoc009db769c2; 2012-07-21 at 02:55 PM.

Clearly you can be reported, but will something happen to you? Maybe, maybe not... The GMs might not care about it and let you go, besides, several ways to get you away from the "chest". But, it is kinda griefing so they could very well give you a suspension or something.

And the IRL issues doesn't help, mate... Credibility is falling rapidly since anyone can tab Escape or a movement key before leaving their keyboard, even if they're in a hurry, just run your hand across the keyboard even, I'm sure you'll hit something to make you move. It can't have been too important to make you forget what you were doing...

So yeah, something might happen, maybe not, but I'm gonna say you were fully intentional on not letting go of that gold...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    My guildies and I used to do this a ton if we were stuck in a bad group with multiple wipes or players doing a sub-par amount of DPS or HPS or tanks that couldn't tank. There were generally only ever three of us in there at a time, so we'd end up splitting the gold three ways if no one else noticed and dropped group after loot went out. It may sound dickish, but we only did it when the groups were terrible in some way, shape or form, and while it doesn't excuse "stealing" gold from others who did decently, we would in fact loot the chest and let the gold distribute itself if the bad players already left.

As far as I know, Blizzard won't do anything about it because we were all reported multiple times, and priests did try to grip us away but generally gave up after one of us would keep sitting on the chest while the others got pulled off. We'd actually be able to make it back to the chest before the priests did, as well, if we were running solo. You could do the same thing back in CoS and now in WoE (among others, though those are the most prominent), although the gold gained is much lower, of course.
    You and anyone else like the OP, how sad a life you people must have to get enjoyment doing this just to grief people!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BaP View Post
    You and anyone else like the OP, how sad a life you people must have to get enjoyment doing this just to grief people!!!!!!
    The more exclamation points, the more true it is.

You do realize we don't do it to "grief" right? We do it because, generally, the other players are terrible and either trolled the entire raid or did next to nothing to contribute. If you read my post you'd see I did nothing to impede the distribution of gold to those that stuck around and were beneficial to the raid.

Deleted

You do realize we don't do it to "grief" right? We do it because, generally, the other players are terrible and either trolled the entire raid or did next to nothing to contribute. If you read my post you'd see I did nothing to impede the distribution of gold to those that stuck around and were beneficial to the raid.
    its lfr its ment for terrible players

People who try and justify their extremely poor behavior...sheeze...it's NOT YOUR BUSINESS to make yourself the loot judge, you and your buddies are acting innapropriately and you are just plain wrong - no grey area here.

And OP, fess up, you know it was intentional and I hope you do get reported and action is taken against you.
    Faith is believing what you know ain't so. Mark Twain 1887

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
    People who try and justify their extremely poor behavior...sheeze...it's NOT YOUR BUSINESS to make yourself the loot judge, you and your buddies are acting innapropriately and you are just plain wrong - no grey area here.

And OP, fess up, you know it was intentional and I hope you do get reported and action is taken against you.
    Thank you very well put and to "grief" is against the TOS so you can get banned for it.

Deleted
    Don't hate the player hate the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post

I'm not playing loot judge, I do that when I run as Master Looter outside of LFR. I'm playing gold judge and Blizzard gives me every right to do so by implementing the mechanic. It's been around long enough that they'd just have gold be dispersed when the boss is looted, just like the loot is, if there was a problem with people doing this. As it stands, no GM has ever even said word one to me about this disrupting the play of others, and ninja'ing doesn't exist in LFR.

You can say I'm exhibiting poor behavior and acting inappropriately, but that's your opinion. It isn't fact, so indeed there is a grey area here. We slightly limit the amount of gold bad players or trolls get from a raid. We don't keep them from gaining gear to get better, and only ever initiate vote kicks on people purposely trolling, not those who are maybe a little undergeared or still learning how to raid on a specific toon, despite the fact that those players often do cause everyone else to have to perform a little bit better and maybe encounter a wipe or two that they shouldn't have. So I don't see the problem with taking a little extra gold for ourselves for the inconvenience.