How do they get Marijuana and other Colombian drugs into Europe and Asia?

One of the German players in my Guild is always talking about smoking weed and I'm curious how it could get across the sea into Europe? I can understand how it is easily smuggled from Colombia to North America, but it seems like sailing a huge titanic ship to Europe would be a little too obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    One of the German players in my Guild is always talking about smoking weed and I'm curious how it could get across the sea into Europe? I can understand how it is easily smuggled from Colombia to North America, but it seems like sailing a huge titanic ship to Europe would be a little too obvious?
    There's plenty of growers over in Europe. Hell, Amsterdam at one point had a large number of indoor growing farms. Not all weed comes from South America.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can grow weed at home, or in a greenhouse.
    Synthetic drugs can be made everywhere.

Other than that, drugs are often smuggled by plane or more often by boat, by hiding them in generic cargo.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

There is an entire village on the island I grew up on in Greece notorious for growing weed.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good question.

Another one: How do they get those model ships into the bottles? WTF?

10+ Year Old Account
    The largest marijuana exporter in the world is Afghanistan, and it goes up through central Asia, and then disperses from there into Russia and west

Deleted
    Weed is hardly exported from Colombia to Europe to any significant extent. Weed in Europe is homegrown, in Europe or south of the Mediteranean, or in Asia. Remember that laws are relatively generous in many European countries, and even when they are not, people still grow at home. Sweden, for example, has some of the harshest drug laws in the world (aside from islamistic countries), it is located far North - and yet the Swedish police say that Sweden is essentially self-sustaining with weed.

As for "other Colombian drugs", I suppose you refer to cocaine, and that does indeed get from the Americas to Europe. How, I do not know, but it is a lot less bulky so overseas transport is simpler than with weed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cannabis plant is a normal plant growing in Europe since at least 5000 years.

Sure its illegal to grow it without permission, but it's not like it is something super special only growing overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    Pretty simple, with the help of the US government.

US Soldiers guarding opium in Afghanistan

Weed is grown in every country in Europe.

Rougher drugs get smuggled by boat most often. I do not know how it's done large scale, but... and don't jump me now and point me out as a drug dealer or anything of the sort, I got two acquaintances(went to high school with one of them and we used to be roomies several years ago untill I kicked him out lol) that has done it for years by smuggling it(coke) with shampoo bottles. His father runs a couple of resturants down in the caribbean so they spend the winters working there and comes home to Sweden in the spring/summer. They've done this for years without getting caught. This is, of course no large scale smuggling, but still quite a lot. They make quite good bank from it.

A very common smuggling route is otherwise Afghanistan(opium) into Iran(they make it into heroin) then into Turkey and from there it goes to big harbour cities such as Rotterdam in the Netherlands and from there on to the rest of the world.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

EDIT: looks like i'm lil late.

Unless they specifically said it was from Columbia, I doubt it was. Most likely grown not too far away from them.

Columbia is more famous for cartels controlling cocaine exports, not even close on weed. Weed is literally grown in most every country in every state/province/etc. In the US more famously imported from Canada and Mexico and grown heavily domestically.

However, people usually do not get to choose. So the source could literally be anywhere, depending on the chain. As Ynna indicated..... If someone works at a shipping company and gets a contact on the other side, --Bam-- hide it in a bag of coffee beans or whatever, note the number/sku. It is impossible to check/monitor/use dogs on all trade across the world, much less even a percent of it. Just think of the thousands of employees at huge freight liner companies, commercial shipping companies such as fed ex, ups, non-commercial airline freight. Busts happen all the time for these types of things as well as more traditional methods of transport.

There was even blurb about how opium imports had increased from Afghanistan due to all the military freight and "looking the other way".

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really appropriate for our forums.