Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    he was running an illegal business out of his house. religion is a VERY profitable business and NOBODY leads a bible study for any other reason
    Even if you don't agree with practicing any religion, this is a very ignorant thing to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is a message of one thing.

MMO-Champion Community is just as bad as WoW forums...or worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    'Narrow mindedness' is a state of mind where you exclude the consideration of things outside the scope of your understanding. Religion, by definition, is the practice of holding spiritual beliefs and their application in your ever day life.

It would be one thing to develop beliefs on the fly as a result of critical thinking skills and the scientific method. But when you look to bronze aged literature and myths to formulate beliefs, then it becomes natural to develop 'narrow mindedness' towards anything new or different than what you believe. Which is why religion is never responsible for breakthroughs in science, medicine, or technology.

This is not to say you're wrong to have beliefs, because it's not. You can believe whatever you want to. But when your concern is the welfare and future of humanity, it's not a good idea to be religious.
    Just out of curiosity. How much do you think that common people understand about science? How is science in general anyway different to a religion? People that have the "knowledge" tell the common how things are and people believe it. You can say anything you want about them having a proof about certain finds and so on, but how much do you think that people really understand about those proofs? Or will they just, you know, believe them?

Do not understand me wrongly, i am in no way saying that "science" is wrong, i never would. The thing is that you are mistaken about thinking that being religious is somehow damaging the mankind. Extremists are damaging, inquisition was a good example about that. But believing in something isn't bad. And there have also been many ground braking "religious" scientists also.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    he was running an illegal business out of his house. religion is a VERY profitable business and NOBODY leads a bible study for any other reason
    that's pretty ignorant.

people usually don't pay to participate in a bible study,

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    This thread is a message of one thing.

MMO-Champion Community is just as bad as WoW forums...or worse.
    it used to be better, but it's gotten so big that now its full of ignorance and bigotry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    Just out of curiosity. How much do you think that common people understand about science? How is science in general anyway different to a religion? People that have the "knowledge" tell the common how things are and people believe it. You can say anything you want about them having a proof about certain finds and so on, but how much do you think that people really understand about those proofs? Or will they just, you know, believe them?

Do not understand me wrongly, i am in no way saying that "science" is wrong, i never would. The thing is that you are mistaken about thinking that being religious is somehow damaging the mankind. Extremists are damaging, inquisition was a good example about that. But believing in something isn't bad. And there have also been many ground braking "religious" scientists also.
    I think the fundamental issue is that people who believe in science are perfectly fine with saying -We dont know enough yet- about an issue, while the others dont know enough either but are happily saying "This is how it is".
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    He does not need to believe to teach you about the source of knowledge of your religion springs from.
    Nope, but if he says he knows the scriptures of my beliefs better than me, i find it highly unlikely. I might be wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post

Believing in something, and refusing to change that belief regardless of evidence to the contrary is bad. Especially when that belief system was written from the perspective of ancient men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Religion topics aren't allowed on our forums.