Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Shawshank redeption.
    We dream, we dream.

The message I percieved from American Beauty was always kind of inspirational to me.

Some basics.

People -> material possessions
    Appreciate the little things
    Be curious
    Acknowledge the beauty around you

Always loved the ending lines.

I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die. First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time... For me, it was lying on my back at Boy Scout camp, watching falling stars... And yellow leaves, from the maple trees, that lined our street... Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper... And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand new Firebird... And Janie... And Janie... And... Carolyn. I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted

I remember watching "Enemy Mine" as a kid and thinking if a human can become best friends with a lizard alien then it's ridiculous that we humans would divide ourselves by race, religion, country, etc.

To OP - I'm gonna get this tonight, looks very very good - I loved Spirited Away.
    My movie of impact was probably Communion.

But I have seen so many that I loved, and when I took my kid sister to Lion King when it was released, she was like 6 and I was 17 - ouch the scene where his dad dies had me tearing up something fierce.

Angels In The Outfield

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    The message I percieved from American Beauty was always kind of inspirational to me.

Some basics.

People -> material possessions
    Appreciate the little things
    Be curious
    Acknowledge the beauty around you

Always loved the ending lines.
    Aw that was going to be my answer. Just out curiosity, have you ever watched Six Feet Under? Also written and created by Alan Ball, I think it's very much a spiritual successor to American Beauty, it shares the same outlook on life. If you love that film, you would have that show too I think.

Deleted
    Me and You And Everyone We Know - What a great emotional (and funny) movie

Hachiko made a big impact on me, I was really emotional at the end of this movie.
    TBH, I was crying like a baby :P

Barney: the night before christmas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beneholio View Post
    Me and You And Everyone We Know - What a great emotional (and funny) movie
    I agree, Me and You and Everyone We Know is one of the most beautiful and emotionally, yet funny, movies I have seen.

But I would have to say Forrest Gump. Go ahead, call me boring. But it is, for me, one of the most heartbreaking and rewarding movies I have seen, and remains my favorite movie. Not the best movie I have seen, but my favorite movie.

gotta go with Shawshank redeption also ..... i did know nothing about it when i did rent it and it just ....

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, I secretly cried a tiny bit after Gran Torino. That's never happened before.

Also the episode of Doctor Who where they meet Van Gogh, but that's not a movie.

I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

It may be an anime, but the Secret World of Arrietty had a pretty big impact on me

10+ Year Old Account
    Braveheart makes me want to go out and kill English people... Then again being a catholic makes me want to go out and kill jews when I watch the passion of the christ... Coincidence here?

Obviously joking about the jews, they have been through enough.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Deleted
    Requiem for a Dream
    Ellen Burstyn plays her role so amazingly good. I just want to cry when i see her character getting more lost by the minute

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    forgot one....

The Girl in Me-The Gwen Arajo Story

Incredibly depressing true life story of hate, and intolerance.

Deleted
    Hard Boiled. John Woo rules.