Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Mentioned several times in this thread already, but hotaru no haka (Grave of the fireflies) as well as Battle Royale.

But above all, Aoi haru (Blue spring). Everytime I finish watching it, it's just like a huge, black hole in me, and I keep staring at the screen even though it already ended. It just hurts watching it >_<

Commando

It's how I live my life every day.

Theres definitely a few but i will mention two that have popped up here previously , Being Hachiko and Requiem for a Dream (my fav film of all time)

some other good ones are Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind and more recently The Beaver

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Searched the forums and didn't find anything like this.

I just saw "Hotaru no haka" again. Every time I watch that movie it brings tears to my eyes, which has never happened to me for any other movie.

I was wondering what "that movie" is for the people here. It doesn't have to be the best movie you've ever seen (for me that's donnie darko).
    I just want to know the movies that you'll never forget, impacted you emotionally, or changed your life.
    Clicked on this thread to say pretty much exactly what you did. That movie makes me cry every time I watch it... and as a mother, it really hits me right in the gut, especially when you realize that the novel it was based on is a fictionalized account of the author's actual life experiences (aside from dying himself at the end, obviously).
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Fight Club. The philosophical aspects of it hit home for me. Growing up as the child of blue collar workers and feeling lost and lied to by the media and advertising. The movie and book put into words the anxiety I was feeling.

Deleted
    Jurassic Park.

It has been my favorite movie for over 10 years, and it got me into dinosaurs which has become one of my biggest interests.

5 Centimeters per second for "Emotional" value, Lord of the rings simply because it's mind blowing awesome.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    the list would be long for there are a lot of movies i really loved and which i've considered thinking about, philosophing about and some of them literaly forced me to open my eyes and make up my mind but nothing ever, ever had the same impact on me (i know it's not a movie, it's a anime series) like code geass
    if i had to stick to a movie i would say fight club, i saw the devil and apocalypse now