Problem with Lightning Bolt Macro

Hey guys, my lightning bolt macro is not working.

Right now it says:

#showtooltip Lightning Bolt
    /use Lifeblood
    /use Elemental Mastery
    /cast Lightning Bolt

But sometimes when I'm spamming it really fast the Lifeblood or Elemental Mastery are not triggering, anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks.

Elemental Mastery should be /cast - not /use.
    And I think it may be the same for Lifeblood too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaktic View Post
    Hey guys, my lightning bolt macro is not working.

Right now it says:

#showtooltip Lightning Bolt
    /use Lifeblood
    /use Elemental Mastery
    /cast Lightning Bolt

But sometimes when I'm spamming it really fast the Lifeblood or Elemental Mastery are not triggering, anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks.
    Because there's a spell queue. When you're spamming it really fast, it's going "can I cast lifeblood? No, still on CD. Can I cast EM? No, still on CD. Can I cast LB? Yes! Queue LB."

So when that LB you have queued up starts casting, it starts checking for the NEXT cast to queue.

If you want to be sure you use those right on CD, you need to have them keybound separately and watch the CD appropriately. Macros aren't always ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because there's a spell queue. When you're spamming it really fast, it's going "can I cast lifeblood? No, still on CD. Can I cast EM? No, still on CD. Can I cast LB? Yes! Queue LB."

So when that LB you have queued up starts casting, it starts checking for the NEXT cast to queue.

If you want to be sure you use those right on CD, you need to have them keybound separately and watch the CD appropriately. Macros aren't always ideal.
    So even though EM and Lifeblood don't use a GCD, they still take up a spell qeue?

So even though EM and Lifeblood don't use a GCD, they still take up a spell qeue?
    IMHO, if all the cooldowns line up, macro the cooldowns to a seperate button. then #showtooltip on one of those to know when to hit it.

If you have trouble hitting CD as they come up, make a reminder for yourself with WeakAuras/Power Auras

Quote Originally Posted by Calamaties View Post
    /use and /cast can be used for both items and spells, they are basically the same.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not so much "take up" a spell queue, it's that they aren't available to be cast a half second before your cooldown is up, so the macro queues what IS available, another Lightning Bolt.

Spell queuing notoriously hits these kinds of spam macros. The best solution, long-term, is to try and teach yourself to NOT spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamaties View Post
    Lavindar beat me to it, but it doesn't hurt to repeat and confirm it:

In macros, /use and /cast are the same thing. You can "/use Riptide" if you want, and it will work just fine. Good to know if your macro is a few characters too long.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.