Poll: What talents will you use in MOP? 1 Per Tier Plz

What talents will you take in MOP

With the latest build out what talents do you plan on taking? Due to the limit on the poll I can't include the last tier. If you don't remember each one here is a link. http://mop.wowhead.com/mists-of-pand...t-calculator#p

Last edited by Aleaa; 2012-07-20 at 01:55 AM.

Which spec? Which fights?

Because I'll be switching between a few of them, fight to fight, without even counting swapping from one spec to a second or a third.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I really have to see how dominate mind works. Right now, Mind Control has some pretty paper-thin restrictions on it... how far you can walk your target, random checks to see if it breaks when you jump, duration, etc.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted
    Switching from FD,CL and PW:S / PI and DI according to situations.

I'm finding Psyfiend better than expected on the ptr. It helps vs other casters when you can't get close enough to fear them. Also it could be skill cap talent in arena. Say 2 dps are on you and the healer is los behind a pillar. If you're in range you can cast psyfiend around the pillar to fear the healer. At the same time you use your fear to get the dps off of you. Effectively you fear the entire team. It could work very well with the right timing.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the perspective of a disc priest who hasn't played the beta and will mainly be healing 5-mans if I play in MoP:

Tier 1: Void Tendrils, no brainer. The last thing I want is to be randomly fearing mobs around. And unless I'm misreading Dominate Mind, it still requires me to not be healing while I'm using it, so it's a non-starter.

Tier 2: Body and Soul. I'll pass on Lightwell for movement. (Angelic Feather) While Phantasm looks potentially interesting, Body and Soul's ability to buff people I'm healing wins out. (As a side note, I was really sad to learn we'd lost choice of the massive levitate-linked speed buff. I was really looking forward to it.)

Tier 3: Whichever gets the best mana return. I have little faith in Blizz's ability to balance healing at the start, so I'm thinking extra mana regen will be of critical importance. More important than random Surge of Light procs, unless Blizz starts dishing out a lot more unavoidable AoE damage.

Tier 4: Angelic Bulwark, unless it somehow turns out to be bugged like Shattered Barrier was for mages. No GCD required makes it solidly better than another self-only heal on the GCD, imo. Spectral Guise looks like an interesting pvp talent.

Tier 5: Going to have to wait and see on this one, depending on how dungeons and healing end up being tuned. Twist of Fate is probably good for throughput, but will letting dps hit <20% health be realistic? Mana Problems? Power Infusion. Divine Insight seems most useful for raid healing tanks, which isn't currently in my plans for MoP, but could be useful if keeping up tanks in 5-mans becomes difficult.

Tier 6: All look potentially interesting, but it'll really come down to which is most effective at healing 4 other group members. Halo looks to be expensive and difficult to position well with a small group. I'll see how Cascade and Divine Star work in play, and pick whichever I can actually get the most healing done with, without running out of mana. Or just check elitist jerks and go with whichever they recommend.
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2012-07-25 at 02:25 PM.

Disc
    http://mop.wowhead.com/mists-of-pand...calculator#pEZ

T1: This tier doesn't even matter for PvE, probably psyfiend

T2: Body and Soul or Angelic Feather depending on the fight

T3: FDCL. I hate PW:Sol with a burning passion and will avoid it at all costs. I'm normally the tank healer anyways, so FDCL fits my play style perfectly.

T4: Angelic Bulwark. A auto-cast emergency shield, hell yea (has anyone confirmed if this benefits from disc mastery?)

T5: PI for most fights, maybe DI for extra mitigation on fights with extreme tank damage.

T6: Divine star. The penalty for misjudging distance for Cascade and Halo is way to high. Spending 40k mana on Halo, and only having it heal for 100k instead of 400k because you misjudged distance is a royal kick in the pants. At least with Divine Star, you can just stand in melee and be done with it.

I take Mindbender because I'm too laze to hit MS