Poll: Which class story you like most ?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Story-wise, which class is the best?

So I'd like to start a poll, I know there may have been some discussion about it and its totally subjective question and view but I want to know what class has the most interesting story according to you guys.. (also, you know.. the servers are down). And another thing, what part (or chapter if you may) is the the most intriguing ? This one you have to put down

one more thing: NO SPOILERS

So far I have reached only level 39 with my Sith Inquisitor, 33 with my Jedi Knight and level 17 with my Smuggler and except the begging of the Sith story I found the Jedi to have to the best of these three. My SI story is just not that catchy for me anymore. And as for the Smuggler, well hes a young, brave & handsome fella (think complete Han Solo) but the story after the prologue doesn't seem very interesting. I hope it will get better.

Deleted
    Have only played 4 classes or so; warrior, inquisitor, JK, and BH. started out as a Sorc but got bored as hell by the time i got to hoth, rerolled as a Juggernaut and the story is just so much better, havent played all through BH but seemed interesting enough and the Knight story was just a typical Star Wars jedi,I wanted it to give more than it did but ill stick to my warrior anyday

Juggernaut wins for the dialogue. Trooper is the worst I've done.

Imperial Agent by far.

Not because it was about my, like, desires. No, that was Sith Warrior's storyline (I am a GOD and you, lesser creatures, die and worship me!! SCREAM BLOODY MURDER!).

IA's storyline was so great, that I actually played it twice (with other classes I took Marauder - Knight, Powertech - Commando, Sorcerer - Shadow, and screw Smugglers, so uncool). And it was the only story in the game that moved me emotionaly. I did something bad later in the story and actually.. felt bad. In no other game I felt bad for doing evil things. Evil choices in Mass Effect? Whatever. Laying waste on enemies and civilians who were just "missunderstood" by my command and from my point of view were the "good" guys? Whatever.

IA all the way!

I had to go with imperial agent but consular is a close second.

I will say, that unless you have played JK and IA its really hard to care about the consular story.

They are just a bunch of people you don't know doing bad things.

Luckily my sage was my 6th 50 so when I saw the peeps from other story lines I was like ZOMG!!!
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I liked the Inquisitor up until it got a little.... Too cliché really, since you want no spoilers won't give them obviously, but yeah.

Enjoying Trooper so far.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Enjoying Trooper so far.
    have you reached chapter 3 yet?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    have you reached chapter 3 yet?
    Level 8 so far.... So I doubt it >.<

Deleted
    I can't believe Imperial Agent is in front. I'm pretty unimpressed with the story so far. Way too obvious "twists".

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    I can't believe Imperial Agent is in front. I'm pretty unimpressed with the story so far. Way too obvious "twists".
    What level are you?

I've played all the Imperial classes, and by far the IA has the best story, Chapter 2 and 3 are friggin outstanding, and I did love chapter 1.

Level 8 so far.... So I doubt it >.<
    Okay so...

Around level 40 they stop explaining anything so people hate chapter 3. It's pretty awful.

However, if you have done the entire Lt. Peirce sub plot for sith warrior... The correlia part makes sense and is actually really cool.

Belsavis and Voss felt like extensions of the planet series. Which in the story makes sense. You are a spec forces trooper aiding in military operations. However, it feels lack luster compared to so of the more higher stakes adventures like JK.
    Your nemesis isn't properly explained either. I believe he is suppose to "feel" like your imperial counter part based off the first moff Vikden or w/e.

I don't know. If they had swapped chapter 2 with chapter 3 I feel like there wouldn't be so much angst toward trooper.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Okay so...

Around level 40 they stop explaining anything so people hate chapter 3. It's pretty awful.

However, if you have done the entire Lt. Peirce sub plot for sith warrior... The correlia part makes sense and is actually really cool.

Belsavis and Voss felt like extensions of the planet series. Which in the story makes sense. You are a spec forces trooper aiding in military operations. However, it feels lack luster compared to so of the more higher stakes adventures like JK.
    Your nemesis isn't properly explained either. I believe he is suppose to "feel" like your imperial counter part based off the first moff Vikden or w/e.

I don't know. If they had swapped chapter 2 with chapter 3 I feel like there wouldn't be so much angst toward trooper.
    I see.... Well that does sound pretty bad. But so does the fact that you have to play every class to get the full story really, that's somewhat demanding.

I see.... Well that does sound pretty bad. But so does the fact that you have to play every class to get the full story really, that's somewhat demanding.
    I feel like its true of a lot of the classes.

I've found that the game feels bare and unfinished unless you explore it in its entirety.

I think this means that swtor's fan base will be small but immensely invested in the game.

I am about halfway done with my smuggler now and I really feel like the game is the best mmo I've played.

But for anyone who has only played through 1 or 2 classes? I can see why they think its only "meh".

Deleted
    I just finished the Trooper one and I have to say, I have enjoyed it a lot. I actually felt like a soldier fighting for my "country". Voss aside (which I felt was the most detached to the main story) I liked every other class mission.

The first toon I played was a Bounty Hunter, and, even though it was pretty nice until the end of the Great hunt, the other chapter(s) were just completely random and uninteresting. I think they tried too hard to give the Bounty Hunter some importance in the main storyline of the game. It also had the worst choice of companions, why would I ever want Skadge or Gault with me? Makes no sense.

The Sith Warrior was overall enjoyable and great, it also had the best villain of the ones I played. The Sith Inquisitor one was boring, but can't say I hated it.

Voted for the Trooper, by the way.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like its true of a lot of the classes.

I've found that the game feels bare and unfinished unless you explore it in its entirety.

I think this means that swtor's fan base will be small but immensely invested in the game.

I am about halfway done with my smuggler now and I really feel like the game is the best mmo I've played.

But for anyone who has only played through 1 or 2 classes? I can see why they think its only "meh".
    It's fun really, the more I play the more it feels like Bioware just opted to go for a complete RPG while forgetting the MMO bit really, which is interesting really, but then again they are Bioware.

It's fun really, the more I play the more it feels like Bioware just opted to go for a complete RPG while forgetting the MMO bit really, which is interesting really, but then again they are Bioware.
    My wife and I are huge ME1/2 fans and I grew up playing BG1/2 and IWD1. So for us to be able to level together makes this like... The greatest MMO-RPG ever. I totally get where you are coming from about the RPG bit though. When I play alone its like... I really feel alone. Its very RPG. Which I don't mind. But for a social mmo there are many other options. I mean, look at rift! They have crazy social events / world events all the time. Even WoWs holiday events were pretty social. Swtor lacks holidays / monthly world events. I hope they dress it soon so people can feel like they are mingling more.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    My wife and I are huge ME1/2 fans and I grew up playing BG1/2 and IWD1. So for us to be able to level together makes this like... The greatest MMO-RPG ever. I totally get where you are coming from about the RPG bit though. When I play alone its like... I really feel alone. Its very RPG. Which I don't mind. But for a social mmo there are many other options. I mean, look at rift! They have crazy social events / world events all the time. Even WoWs holiday events were pretty social. Swtor lacks holidays / monthly world events. I hope they dress it soon so people can feel like they are mingling more.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I do love me a good RPG (Huzzah for BG2 being re-released soon!), and I wouldn't mind some more "true" RPG in WoW, and a little less MMO, but be that as it may. And Rift is crazy indeed when it comes to all the social stuff!

As for the Trooper story stuff.... I like how they really want you to hate Jorgan, yet I really can't hate the cat-man. Though I don't mind "owning" him hah. Didn't see the entire Havoc Squad going AWOL thing coming though.

EDIT: Oh btw, there's some misstyping in your sig, Jedi "Sentential" :P
    Last edited by Venziir; 2012-07-20 at 02:54 PM.

Oh don't get me wrong, I do love me a good RPG (Huzzah for BG2 being re-released soon!), and I wouldn't mind some more "true" RPG in WoW, and a little less MMO, but be that as it may. And Rift is crazy indeed when it comes to all the social stuff!

As for the Trooper story stuff.... I like how they really want you to hate Jorgan, yet I really can't hate the cat-man. Though I don't mind "owning" him hah. Didn't see the entire Havoc Squad going AWOL thing coming though.

EDIT: Oh btw, there's some misstyping in your sig, Jedi "Sentential" :P
    I couldn't hate jorgan.

He is lassie.

Also thanks for spotting that.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-07-20 at 03:00 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't hate jorgan.

He is lassie.

Also thanks for spotting that.
    Ah awesome, I was damn sure that I reckonized the vocie (granted this was as Sean Potter from "Judging Amy").

10+ Year Old Account
    I preferred the Sith Warrior's story far more than any other class but I'm pretty biased about it. I get to play a Sith Pureblood and force choke people?

Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.