Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Is the stag Ghostcrawler's version of a Moose? I like it!

Demon form needs updating, sure, but at least it's a pretty cool BC era model. Druids have been cursed with crappy Vanilla mob reskins for years. (Remember the hideous old Druid cat form, especially Hordeside? A deformed Windrider. it was horrible.) Also, unlike warlock's demon form, they're stuck seeing their ugly 24/7 in their respective forms if they want to tank or dps.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 01:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caliaelyn View Post
    Is the stag Ghostcrawler's version of a Moose? I like it!
    Not a moose, just an especially large and Elk-like stag based on the lore figure Malorne.

Deleted
    yeah, travel form. other classes: U JELLY? :Đ

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something about blizzard continually creating 2d objects on their 3d models is starting to bother me. It is really noticeable on druids, from the little dangly things off their antlers to the same things on the t12 helm. Those are just a few of the examples off the top of my head. Something is wrong with it, they need to make them 3d objects too!

10+ Year Old Account
    omg im love love with that stag !!!!!!! :O!!!!!!!

How about that ghost wolf remodel? hmm? hmm?

Dear God, it's an American version of my sister's annoying friend... who is ALSO named John Walsh - and has the same hairstyle!

x.x

I'm not a huge Casey Schriener fan, but god DAMN that guy was annoying. Making so many pedophile jokes makes you wonder...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnersbane View Post
    And once again we have these supreme beings (hardcore raiders) who wants to be special and worshipped by us lesser players... Please find another game, cause your whining is getting tiresome after 7 years.
    If you dont like it a YOU leave. Hardcores are here to stay whether you like it or not. For every single day I see this eternal struggle raging on I start to believe more and more that:
    A) Blizzard is so boneheaded/oblivious to the point of being unable to simply segregate the playerbase and give each of them their own corner. Simple reasoning folks and I will repeat it as many times as it takes Two kids argue with each other with no chance for middle ground. As a parent who can fix this do you watch them maul each other to shreds or pull them by their ears to seperate corners?
    B) They actually keep up this conflict for the sake of generating traffic and sensationalism.

Druid form looks cool, but still, i'd rather use my mounts.

"Is your worth as a raider valued by what others achieve, or what you, by yourself, achieve?
    Prestige is not doing something anyone else can't do, prestige is doing something better than anyone else and being recognized as a consequence."

Fuck me, every blue post just reads as one big contradiction on this subject... Someone please explain to me how you are supposed to be recognised in achieving something in a game where it feels like everyone else is achieving the same thing?!

Deleted
    Ughh, it's so ugly imo , I don't think I'll be using travel form again

Deleted
    In what universe does it make sense for the Horde version to have smaller horns than the Alliance version? When you consider that Taurens already HAVE horns :Tc (unless, of course, they're compensating for something!)

I love the stag form idea tbh as it finally makes the travel form icon (a hoof!) look accurate but it's nice you have the option of cheetah form still if you prefer it; I wonder if they'll try and revamp cheetah travel form? It does look pretty outdated now. Only complaint I have is that the Alliance form looks amazing and, as usual, the Horde version looks rushed and crappy in comparison. Sure, nelfs get to look like Malorne, we get stuck with some squishy-faced wolf/stag thing. Hey Blizz, y u no love Horde?
    Last edited by mmoc1b1845e690; 2012-07-20 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    Someone please explain to me how you are supposed to be recognised in achieving something in a game where it feels like everyone else is achieving the same thing?!
    No idea... Aperantly Blizzard believes people really pay atention to date stamps when in reality... no one does, not that it's not a good system to begin with since it basically flips off everyone in between those who will get it and those who will never get it. Recognition is visual, very visual. There's a first glance difference between a townsfolk and countryside men. Where's the first glance difference between turned off heroic kill agianst not turned off heroic kill?

that's cool and all mister stag form. i like that you'll get a glyph to let someone ride on your back. however, does that mean that travel form will scale with mount speed? youknow, making it pretty much a class specific mount like the pally or lock mounts. otherwise, i don't see the point.

Nothing on Sam Raimi backing out of the Warcraft movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    "Is your worth as a raider valued by what others achieve, or what you, by yourself, achieve? Prestige is not doing something anyone else can't do, prestige is doing something better than anyone else and being recognized as a consequence." Fuck me, every blue post just reads as one big contradiction on this subject... Someone please explain to me how you are supposed to be recognised in achieving something in a game where it feels like everyone else is achieving the same thing?!
    And that is a viable reason to lock people out of content, because people somehow feel unjustly treated when someone months later gets something they got when it was a bit harder. Boo-effin'-hoo.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Konviction View Post
    Something about blizzard continually creating 2d objects on their 3d models is starting to bother me. It is really noticeable on druids, from the little dangly things off their antlers to the same things on the t12 helm. Those are just a few of the examples off the top of my head. Something is wrong with it, they need to make them 3d objects too!
    They do this to enable "hanging" effect, like the chain on shammie's t8, when you place the camera right above your character, those hanging thingies look like they are parallel to the ground

Stag, cool... Now, wheres my spirit wolf, tired of looking like a lvl 5 wolf....

The whole gearing up talk is just silly.

Honestly, if you rerolled a character in vanilla, when everyone were raiding AQ40, chances were that you would probably never get that character to AQ40.

Since every raiding guild, would focus their raiding hours on AQ40, and you had to start on MC, or could perhaps get a free run through BWL, although that was highly unlikely, since you wouldnt be able to tank or heal it, and the dps classes usually had something they still wanted from BWL (Hello asscandy)

Sure you could pug it, and roll 100 for gear, but by the time you would be ready for BWL, naxx would have launched, and you were at ground zero, trust me it sucked bigtime.

And anyone who were on BT in tbc, but had to run SSC to gear up new healers that your guild needed badly, hated it aswell, several months of terrible SSC, and you were back again, since it was the only option.

Now, guilds don't have to consider gear as much when recruiting new players, it's a catch 22 for Blizzard, "hardcore" raiders as they like to call themselves, hate going several steps back in tiers, to gear up new members, but heck if they want to see the same people, beeing able to gear themselves up to join them.

Obviously Blizzard arent going to change, they tried the old tier grind, and it sucked, you'd have the same people back whining tomorrow if they rolled it back with the "wtf we can't find any geared healers for our guild?!?!! QQ"