Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    so you both play the inferno faceroll class, i wonder why wasps don´t hurt you
    Monk surely isn't the inferno faceroll class, there's a few other classes that are a whole lot better... Wizard.. Barbarian... but that's just my opinion. Wasp just really don't do that much damage, compared to some other monster classes.

I just hope they remove enrage timers (from elite packs, maybe from bosses as well?)
    It's a dumb, retarded, horrible game mechanic that has absolutely no place in Diablo. The devs want to promote build diversity, yet they intentionally screw tanky builds.
    When I cleared Act2 with my monk I was fairly defensive (Deadly Reach/Keen Eye, Serenity, Blinding Flash, Breath of Heaven, SSS, Mantra of Conviction/Overawe) with 15k DPS, my gear was just right for the content and I most certainly didn't "cheese" my way through it... But if I got an unlucky affix combination I'd run into an enrage, which makes no sense.
    I'm penalised for not being a glass cannon or not overgearing the content? But even then I managed to clear Act2 fairly easily... and then Belial kept enraging at 40%, so I had to go fully offensive to kill him. Again, if I can clear the whole act with my tanky build why am I forced to change for the boss? Meh, whatever.

While we're at it I also hope they 'fix' loot in Inferno. Getting lvl52 items in Act2 makes me wanna punch a kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Why does everyone freak out about wasps, they hit me for maybe 2200 and I 1-shot them.

Monk, btw.
    As a wizard elite wasps take forever to kill and they kite me all over the damn place. Its kinda hard to make them stand in my tornadoes.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Monks aren't face roll =/ not even REMOTELY

Of the 3 classes I've played on Inferno, Barb, DH, and Monk, Monk has been by far the hardest. Barb is just like Monk, except better in every way, has more escape abilities, and has Super Saiyan. And on a DH I kill things so fast it doesn't fucking matter. I'd have to say between the two that Barb is easier though, since it just requires so little effort on my part. "Oh shit! Bad stuff! Charge/leap away! Oh shit! Really bad stuff! Hit Super Saiyan and give no fucks!"

And for the record, I main Barb. It's overpowered and I like being overpowered.

If wasps annoy you as a wizard, stop playing that retarded energy twister build that was spammed everywhere. I cleared A2 without any significant difficulty on my wizard using a glass cannon hydra/blizzard build.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Of the 3 classes I've played on Inferno, Barb, DH, and Monk, Monk has been by far the hardest. Barb is just like Monk, except better in every way, has more escape abilities, and has Super Saiyan. And on a DH I kill things so fast it doesn't fucking matter. I'd have to say between the two that Barb is easier though, since it just requires so little effort on my part. "Oh shit! Bad stuff! Charge/leap away! Oh shit! Really bad stuff! Hit Super Saiyan and give no fucks!"

And for the record, I main Barb. It's overpowered and I like being overpowered.
    Honestly I am surprised the class hasn't been attacked by the Devs yet.

Deleted
    I'm sure they'll do like they always do, nerf the abilities that are the most popular

It's an easy way to force people to try something else. I'll use monk as an example of what I predict will come, since that's what I main; "Serenity has been reduced to 0.5 second duration and will now reduce damage taken by 60% instead of rendering the monk invulnerable"

Or like they actually did when our healing mantra was the go-to "let's replace the nice heal with a 950 damage shield" (I kid you not, the activation of the mantra places a shield on you, and only you, that absorbs a wopping 950 damage!).

Blizzard has this magic wand called a nerf-bat and they believe it is the solver of all problems.. I hope time will prove me wrong. I really do.
    Last edited by mmoc0aa5f1625d; 2012-07-22 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Clarity

It's pretty much a given they'll change Sacrifice. I believe they stated in one of the blogs that it's the least used WD ability and probably the least used in the entire game. Not sure what they can do to it. It's hard to sacrifice pets that melt whenever an elite looks in their direction. :P Will be all tied in to the WD pet buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmannen View Post
    Blizzard has this magic wand called a nerf-bat and they believe it is the solver of all problems.. I hope time will prove me wrong. I really do.

There is only ONE true nerf bat:

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Honestly I am surprised the class hasn't been attacked by the Devs yet.
    The devs are avoiding this kind of reaction until they can at least make an attempt to up the viability of the unused skills for each class. If they nerfs Barbarians before they make the rest of the skills viable to at least some extent, the backlash from the community will be such that there would likely be no recovery from, since that would just reinforce the community's current belief (which has held true so far) that the devs would rather nerf the fun things to force players to play "their way" rather than let the player decide for him/herself what is fun. To do such a thing would effectively drive the final nail into D3's coffin when the higher ups at Activision (which ultimately controls the marketing/money making aspect of Blizzard) are trying instead to increase D3's longevity (if possible) to continue maintaining a healthy revenue stream from the RMAH.

Players are pretty sure the Barb nerfs will come, but if the devs have any brain cells left, they won't do it until they balance the classes. I just hope that the PvP "balance" doesn't ruin PvE like it has for many people in WoW. Blizzard never woke up to the fact that both playstyles would benefit most from spells acting differently on mobs than on players, since mobs have far higher general stats than players ever could, thus a spell/ability that hits a mob hard should act against players in a relative proportion. They'll need to bite that bullet now and design the D3 spells/abilities as such, or else we'll get nonstop WoW style balancing between PvE and PvP which will ultimately ruin both since this is not an MMO, but an ARPG.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
    The devs are avoiding this kind of reaction until they can at least make an attempt to up the viability of the unused skills for each class. If they nerfs Barbarians before they make the rest of the skills viable to at least some extent, the backlash from the community will be such that there would likely be no recovery from, since that would just reinforce the community's current belief (which has held true so far) that the devs would rather nerf the fun things to force players to play "their way" rather than let the player decide for him/herself what is fun. To do such a thing would effectively drive the final nail into D3's coffin when the higher ups at Activision (which ultimately controls the marketing/money making aspect of Blizzard) are trying instead to increase D3's longevity (if possible) to continue maintaining a healthy revenue stream from the RMAH.

Players are pretty sure the Barb nerfs will come, but if the devs have any brain cells left, they won't do it until they balance the classes. I just hope that the PvP "balance" doesn't ruin PvE like it has for many people in WoW. Blizzard never woke up to the fact that both playstyles would benefit most from spells acting differently on mobs than on players, since mobs have far higher general stats than players ever could, thus a spell/ability that hits a mob hard should act against players in a relative proportion. They'll need to bite that bullet now and design the D3 spells/abilities as such, or else we'll get nonstop WoW style balancing between PvE and PvP which will ultimately ruin both since this is not an MMO, but an ARPG.
    Hah a person that gets it <3 very much, If they nerf pvE stuff for the sake of PVP. That's the final nail to me like this isn't WoW =/ they even stated they aren't going to do nerfs for the sake of PVP in a interview

And if they nerf the barb thing okay LETS NERF FUN! Wooooo you aren't forced to use the dumb build, For some unknown reason people get AFFECTED of how people play why? I don't know

I really don't know -.- and ironically most of those who are asking for nerfs in terms of D3 play WoW WHAT A SURPRISE or It's their first Diablo game. Remind me to not go their official forum again

<.<

I really don't know -.- and ironically most of those who are asking for nerfs in terms of D3 play WoW WHAT A SURPRISE or It's their first Diablo game. Remind me to not go their official forum again
    I play WoW (I'm Tiapriestess on the official forums), and D3 as well. It's because I've played WoW since launch and have experienced the PvE nerfs for the sake of PvP that I made the comments I did. The D3 devs really do need to realize sooner, rather than later, that abilities have to act differently against players than against mobs. Otherwise, they'll tune for PvP, which will water down PvE related builds/abilities to the point of uselessness, and when that happens....guess what? We're back to square one (as it is now). It's best to avoid that full circle effect by crushing its catalyst head on.

Deleted
    What the fuck did you just say.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post

They had no problem adjusting other skills and play styles long before they decided to tweak undesirable skills.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    They had no problem adjusting other skills and play styles long before they decided to tweak undesirable skills.
    That was before the supreme backlash they got when 1.0.3 came out and the subsequent massive player exodus. They wouldn't dare touch it now until they've got other ability boosts to compensate for the loss to the players. Any further attempt to destroy what players find to be fun would almost certainly decimate what is left of the already fast dwindling player base, pretty much dooming the game entirely, along with Blizzard's hopes of keeping the RMAH cash cow alive.

I find farming to be relaxing and fun. What else would I do game-wise, sit around in stormwind afk on my mount waiting for the next wow expac?

D3 will probably roll along comfortably till mists drops then it'll die off till an expac or major content delivery patch (if one ever comes).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Id like to get who ever decided it would be funny to troll everyone by loading Act 2 up with wasps alone in a dark alley with no witnesses around.
    Actually, I find wasps to be not that bad compared to fallen shamans and goats and other ranged stuff running away for 2000 miles.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Actually, I find wasps to be not that bad compared to fallen shamans and goats and other ranged stuff running away for 2000 miles.
    Not to mention the fallen shaman tend to have more HP than many Act 3 mobs. They're seriously overtuned.

The problem is that you need all the O**t skills to survive in inferno. Try to play a monk without the shield or a barbarian withouy the jump run or a DH without cloak. And that's not because they are that much stronger, but because there are enemy combination of atype/abilities which would be luterally impossible without that.

A simple jailer/desecration/mortar - if you cannot break free of that jail, you're stuck there for 2-3 seconds = the other champion puts the desecrate under you and much likely you're getting a mortar too.

Or the burrower + shield = underground then shield then underground then shield then enrage

Or the act3 spiked things + fear = they stay at the four opposite corner of a room and just chainfear you till you die.

It's not a matter of dps or gear, they are just combo that if you cannot break in any way, will keep you locked and you just die.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.