No interface folder

I recently re-downloaded WoW via the game client on battle.net. I can't add any addons because there is no interface folder or addon folder to extract them to. What do I do? Or am I missing something obvious?

Deleted
    Create them.

Deleted
    In case you're uncertain, start up the game once (and maybe login) and they'll get automatically created.

Quote Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
    In case you're uncertain, start up the game once (and maybe login) and they'll get automatically created.
    I've done that and it didn't happen.
    How do you go about creating them? I know how to create folders but is there anything special i need to do to actually make the addons show up on the screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Satanicnarwhal View Post
    I've done that and it didn't happen.
    How do you go about creating them? I know how to create folders but is there anything special i need to do to actually make the addons show up on the screen?
    Addons will not show up automatically. When you start the game, the Interface folder will be created and within it Addons folder which will contain the base blizzard files. Into the addons folder then you add your own addons.

If you are trying this and interface folder isn't being created then you are in the wrong folder. Right click on the shortcut you use to start wow and inspect the file path of the link, then follow it to find the correct wow installation folder.

As for how to install addons, here's a nice step by step link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1536706542

If your game is running without any problems, you can assume there is an interface/addon folder, because Blizzard itself uses that folders for certain ingame stuff as well.

So either, you're not looking at the right place or the folder is hidden someway. Then try to enable 'show hidden files/folders' in folder settings.

what OS are you using? i've heard windows sometimes puts the interface folder in my documents or in my games