Question Guys, please help a newbie warrior!

Heyia peepz!

Man, I have been playing warrior for quite some time now, but never as a DPS! I must say, I am struggling as an Arms Warrior.

I have read like 3 - 5 guides and as far as I can see, almost all agree with the very same "rotation". MS - (OP, Slam, CS)x2 - MS and every time rage is around 70, hit HS.

So yesterday I had a chance to do a LFR with other warrior with almost same ilvl as me. The equips we had different was:

Trinket:
    his: Eye of UnmakingEye of Unmak
    mine: Varo'then's BroochVaro'then's Brooch

2H:
    his: Experimental Specimen Slicer (normal)
    mine: Gurth (LFR)

Set:
    his: 4 parts
    mine: 2 parts

So, with only 1 ilvl more than me, he could pull sometimes 5k more DPS than me.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

So I have few questions:
    1. Should I use Gurt (LFR) or Experimental Specimen Slicer (normal)? I got both.

2. I am playing in this very new Brazilian server and once I am brazilian, seems to be the best latency to me, which shows 130-150ms. Is this good enough to do stance dance?

3. Somtimes I hit OP once it procs and even tapping my keys like crazy it will not cast the spell! Never seen this before!!! I am trying to disable all my addons and see if something wrong. But I could reproduce this same error using NO ADDONs, so I am really lost!

4. Is that latency option under Interface > Combat good to be used? I have seen a video that this guy said to use 400ms so we could queue our spells.

5. A friend of mine with same player skill is playing a elemental shaman, I used to play with him back in FL and I had a Frost DK. I won his DPS about 8 in 10 fights, and now, this very same shaman vs my warrior, dude it makes me cry!!! He usually beats me with 50% more dps! Like I do 35k he does 50k! Is that normal? WTH! Am I that bad? lol

Ok guys, this it!

I will post here the LFR logs I have from yesterday where I could compare my Warrior vs another Warrior with almost same ilvl (differences said above). So here they go.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...e/?s=149&e=368
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l.../?s=771&e=1036
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...?s=1819&e=2149

Why his SLAM hist ALOT?
    I saw that he changes his stance lot more than I do, WHY? Am I doing it wrong?

Any advice will be very very very welcome.

Sorry my broken English and this long "letter".

The 4pc bonus is extremely powerful especially if you get lucky so that might be the case here. He also seems to be using slam a lot, like more than he should be so I wouldnt worry about that. ps I think your english is good

also stick with the LFR gurth the tentacle is op

Thanks alot Natureseer! So seems that I am in the right path uh?

Lets see if anyone can tell me if I can improve this a bit. I am really worried with my trinkets. I am almost going to kill Chimaeron to get the 372 trinket cause I am not lucky enough to get those 384/397. I did not even SEE a trinket to roll. Is not that I never won a roll, I never saw it drops lol Too bad!

Once again, thanks!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    hey man. i play warrior too, and had a struggle with the dps as arms. Now i am not very much into the stance dancing due to you would lose alot of rage unless you spec into the tactical mastery talent.. though i think some talents maybe more useful. Anyways. So my own case, i don't stance dance, i pull about 35-50k dps aswell depending on the fight. (you can find my warrior on armory EU by searching "Spikedhoof" Stormrage-EU). and i must say, i do think latency has something to say here, though i can't relate to it since i only have 15 ms lol anyways. my call would be that you practice your rotation, and how to deal with latency. a sidenote.. someone taught me that heroic strike spec is doing more damage due to that you don't lose swingtimes by using heroic strike. when you cast slam, your swing timer stops for the moment it takes to cast slam. so eventually you starve rage. but heroic strike spec works for me. Hey. ill put up a short 5 min video up today (20-07-12) showing how i do my own rotation if interested? . ill throw the link inhere when the video is up.

Please! Send me the link, for sure I want to see it!

I have changed my talents today. I was 3 Incite, just changed to 1 Incite 2 BnT to check it out for AoE.

Thanks for the advice and info man. I am anxious to see your video. Thanks again!

10+ Year Old Account
    it'll be up very soon

There it is. only in 720p so far. it'll be in 1080p in a few minutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=CfeYFDAXOyI

Is UP! Let me get the 1080 so I dont lose any detail.

Man I AM SOOOO FREAKING HAPPY! Just made a LFR and got an Eye trinket from Spine. Is not the best one, but for sure should be way better than my 378 lol

Hey Nemo, thanks alot for the video, as soon as I watch it, I will come back to leave a comment. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    indeed the strength stacking trinket from spine LFR is still very good. its 780 strength ain't it? thats x2 in attackpower, up all the time. so its very worth it :P

Hey Nemo, nice video dude and nice armor lol

Really helpful and I like the way you setup your interface, I guess I gonna copy some of your ideas

Thanks!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    haha :P good stuff

Ahhh if anyone else has any advice, please let me know. I am really new to warrior and will glad do hear any advice.

Btw, a guys whispered me in game today and toldy me to replace my Rosary for a rotten skull (VP Trinket), is that really worth?

Thanks!

Deleted
    I have read like 3 - 5 guides and as far as I can see, almost all agree with the very same "rotation". MS - (OP, Slam, CS)x2 - MS and every time rage is around 70, hit HS.
    Almost no classes & specs in WoW actually have a "rotation", just priority orders. The correct priority for Arms is:

Mortal Strike (if LttS is about to fall off from 3 stacks) > Rend (if not on target) > Colossus Smash (if not on target) > Mortal Strike > Overpower > Execute (@20%) > Slam

- Do not use Colossus Smash unless you are applying the debuff. It is better to keep it available for when you need to apply it. Download an addon such as Power Auras to keep track of the debuff (this is especially important with your 4pc T13 set bonus).
    - Heroic Strike at 70 rage or above. Use it as a supplement to your normal abilities not a replacement for them since it's off the GCD.
    - Use Berserker Rage between GCDs if you don't have enough rage for your next ability and the 5 rage gained from the glyph would push you over.
    - If you don't have the rage for any of the above abilities and Berserker Rage is insufficient then use Battle/Commanding Shout. This is a last resort since ordinarily it would be a waste of a GCD.

1. Should I use Gurt (LFR) or Experimental Specimen Slicer (normal)? I got both.
    See (Sticky) Weapon vs. Weapon - What weapon should I use?

2. I am playing in this very new Brazilian server and once I am brazilian, seems to be the best latency to me, which shows 130-150ms. Is this good enough to do stance dance?
    Yes it is. If you can pull off stance dancing through macros you'll see a dps improvement of around 3-4%. You just have to get used to double tapping a few of your abilities. For more information see Section 8 of (Sticky) PvE Guide for the Arms Warrior.

3. Somtimes I hit OP once it procs and even tapping my keys like crazy it will not cast the spell! Never seen this before!!! I am trying to disable all my addons and see if something wrong. But I could reproduce this same error using NO ADDONs, so I am really lost!
    I haven't encountered this personally so I can't help you.

4. Is that latency option under Interface > Combat good to be used? I have seen a video that this guy said to use 400ms so we could queue our spells.
    That option only works on abilities that don't have a cooldown. Therefore, for Arms, the only abilities this option works with are Slam and Execute (neither of which are things you need to spam repeatedly) making CLT relatively pointless.

5. A friend of mine with same player skill is playing a elemental shaman, I used to play with him back in FL and I had a Frost DK. I won his DPS about 8 in 10 fights, and now, this very same shaman vs my warrior, dude it makes me cry!!! He usually beats me with 50% more dps! Like I do 35k he does 50k! Is that normal? WTH! Am I that bad? lol
    Arms Warrior DPS is very good at the moment. If you both have equal gear and you're playing your class correctly you should be beating him.
    Last edited by mmocb907825fbc; 2012-07-21 at 06:46 AM.

Pearson thanks alot for reply me with all this details! Certainly will help me alot!

I found that that my server latency is somehow "fake". So seems that I am failing to stance dance because of delay. It shows around 150ms but ppl are saying that it is higher and when I tried to NOT stance dance, in dummy, I am getting higher values... WEIRD.

Gonna keep training and test to see if that is really true.

Once again, thanks ALOT man. Very nice and detailed explanation.