Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't see how it could be considered racist. Physical attraction has nothing to do with ethics.

I'm a sucker for Asian women and any woman short/petite. I tend to dislike taller women. I'm 5'10" myself but I like 'em 5'2" or so. My girlfriends 5'7" but eh at least she's shorter than me!

I'm not really too picky when it comes to what I am attracted to race-wise, but if my kids turned out to not look like me I would be a little hurt inside. I kinda feel bad for thinking like that, but that is probably why I'll never be able to seriously be with a black woman/latina. I can/do find both attractive, though.

Being physically attracted to one race over another isn't being racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I don't think it's strange.

It's like cars (not to be dehumanizing people) but different cars look better with different paint jobs. I love my corvettes electric blue and my mustangs bright red.

So it's all a matter of the shape/colour combination that most appeals to me.
    Hmm, I guess I'm simple-mided or something. I think any car looks good in red or blue. Won't lie, and not knocking ya, you're the first person I ever talked to who used that analogy let alone having that outlook on cars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yup, there's even scientific research out there im sure someone will find some for you and link it, or you could google it yourself.

personally i find no black women attractive regardless of body type or face, same as i hate really curly hair on any woman, its all genetics etc.

Same here, I really do not find 99% of black women attractive WHATSOEVER.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

im sure this is basically the same as homo/heterosexuality you don't choose to be straight or gay, you know deep down what you find attractive and if its a man finding men attractive or a woman finding women attractive, that's not a choice (in my opinion) what you like/love/find attractive is just you personally you cant really change this.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No problem at all.

I've personally maybe seen one or two Black women who I thought were mildly attractive.... so yeah, and that's out of A LOT. I can't think of any Black actress (star/famous individual) who I find attractive, either.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Stupid question. Why would it not be okay? I also havent seen many good looking black women.
    Last edited by mmoc614b31b9c1; 2012-07-20 at 05:09 PM.

Example A: You don't like a black girl because you are just not attracted to her. No racist issues here

Example B: You dont like a black girl because you feel her race is inferior to you, or you believe she is dumber/poorer/prone to blah blah blah/etc etc simply because she's black. You sir are a racist

so long as the reason behind your being not attracted is based on physical attraction and not some deep seeded animosity towards that race of people you are good.

as long as "i don't think i[x] is as sexy as [y]" doesn't turn into "i hate [x]" then yeah. it's fine. personally i find all nationalities sexy on a women, just in different ways, but that's me and i just think women are dead sexy as a whole.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    No, it's not, don't be racist, you need to be attracted to everyone, and now I'm not talking only about discrimination based on race, but also on intelligence, beauty, niceness, funniness, hobbies, ideas, gender, height, age(this also includes -18 people, stop discriminating them because they're minors!), location, religion, beliefs etc. You need to be attracted to everyone! Even animals. Even inanimate objects, rocks included. You need to be able to marry planet Earth, why are you discriminating it based on the fact it's a planet?
    Maybe I'm sarcastic.

The answer to your question is yes, I am less attracted to black, half-black (forgat the world in english), and most asian people. Their aspect just doesn't attract me. I also hate gypsies, never found one even remotely beautiful.

In fact, you could say I'm only attracted to caucasian white people.

Of course it is, you can be attracted to who ever. The issue comes when people treat some one of a different race as inferior.

Deleted
    Im black, and im not attracted to black men, i can just never see myself in a relationship with any, or middle eastern looking people.
    i can however be friends with them! i don't hate anyone
    But then i do feel i don't have anything in common with black people either, so i havent had any as friends =/
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2012-07-20 at 05:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm less attracted to black women. I don't see an issue with that.

Granted, most of those women act like their racial stereotype, which is what makes them unattractive to me.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I'm less attracted to black women. I don't see an issue with that.

Granted, most of those women act like their racial stereotype, which is what makes them unattractive to me.
    I guess i agree with you, the stereotypical black guy doesent appeal to me at all. but then the normal ones dont appeal to me either.
    its personal preference, nothing wrong with that

I'm only really attracted to white people, one Norwegian girl in particular. Attraction is no different between races as it is with individuals; it's either there or its not. Back in my school days we had a white, Northern Irish physics teacher who used to be in the Navy, and his wife was literally an African woman who used to live in a tribe and whose skin made the average black person who we see in the West look pale in comparison. Different strokes for different folks I say.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ofc it is okay to be less attracted to certain races. It's the same as being attracted to different haircolours, different heights etc.

Personally, I have a preference for typical scandinavian(which is also found elsewhere in Europe and north America) and certain asian looks(chinese, japanese, phillipinese and similar).

What I have never found myself attracted to african-americans, and regular black africans etc. I also do not find myself attracted to typical southern-europeans, or men from the countries in south-America or Mexico.

Roughly speaking, I seem to only find typical northern looking men attractive, and when it comes to asians it seems to be the shape of their eyes and general face that sells it. Skin-colour seems to have nothing to do with it, but the shape of every detail in the face. To take african-americans as an example, their big eyes and big lips combined with the dark skin doesn't appeal to me. However, I find people with blue eyes to look exeptionally good if they have big eyes and medium lip size.

In the end, none of this makes me a racist, and if somebody claims otherwise, they're being extremely stupid.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    That piques my interest... you're attracted to slightly overweight of one race, and slightly athletic of another? Seems "strange" to me. I say "strange" because I don't know what word to use. heh
    Well, it is fully possible.

Like I said in my own reply. I like big eyes on white, blue-eyed people, but not on darker skinned people. They look better with small eyes, so much that they suddenly become attractive(often seen in asians).

I can totally relate to the car analogy.
    Last edited by Duridi; 2012-07-20 at 06:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Ofc it is okay to be less attracted to certain races. It's the same as being attracted to different haircolours, different heights etc.

Personally, I have a preference for typical scandinavian(which is also found elsewhere in Europe and north America) and certain asian looks(chinese, japanese, phillipinese and similar).

What I have never found myself attracted to african-americans, and regular black africans etc. I also do not find myself attracted to typical southern-europeans, or men from the countries in south-America or Mexico.

Roughly speaking, I seem to only find typical northern looking men attractive, and when it comes to asians it seems to be the shape of their eyes and general face that sells it. Skin-colour seems to have nothing to do with it, but the shape of every detail in the face. To take african-americans as an example, their big eyes and big lips combined with the dark skin doesn't appeal to me. However, I find people with blue eyes to look exeptionally good if they have big eyes and medium lip size. We have some children here where I live which are half africans and half americans, and they look absolutely beautifull because they've got exactly the right combination of looks from both races. Some of them have big blue eyes, they all have medium brown skin and light brown hair. That goes really well with the rest of their face which is shaped very typically african. That's all the change needed to be done for me to find it looking good. That said, the result of mixing a dark-skinned person with a light-skinned one usually gives really good-looking results. Atleast in my opinion. That said though, even though I think this combination is beautifull to look at, it's not sexually attractive to me... oddly enough when I think about it. Asians and blue-eyed whites are though.

In the end, none of this makes me a racist, and if somebody claims otherwise, they're being extremely stupid.
    You're not racist indeed, but i do think your post has some really stereotypical points in it, when it comes to black men.
    Not all black men have huge lips and big eyes, but i assume it doesent matter because you don't find black men dont attractive anyway.
    There are also pure black men who arent dark, and can be as light skinned as any mixed w/e

OT:
    I'm not really attracted to black guys in general, but i can't deny every race has its pearls. wether you would date them or not. there's always someone looking gorgeous

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvelisse View Post
    You're not racist indeed, but i do think your post has some really stereotypical points in it, when it comes to black men.
    Not all black men have huge lips and big eyes, but i assume it doesent matter because you don't find black men dont attractive anyway.
    There are also pure black men who arent dark, and can be as light skinned as any mixed w/e

OT:
    I'm not really attracted to black guys in general, but i can't deny every race has its pearls. wether you would date them or not. there's always someone looking gorgeous
    You have to understand that sexual attraction is very complex to explain, or even understand. As you may see I edited out some of my post because it just got confusing, even for me.

What I descibed is the typical type from these races. Like asians, there is plenty of different looks also amongst them. Indians for example, look quite a lot different to the chinese, but they are both asians.

It was pretty much said just to illustrate that I have yet to find men with any variation of black attractive. My easiest way to pinpoint why is to point at the big lips and big eyes combined with darker skin. I mean, Obama is a black guy with small lips, but he still have other features with his face that makes him look typical black, and typically not my type(was the only black person with thin lips I could think about at the top of my head :P). Same goes for southern europeans. There is something distinct about them I am not attracted to, and it's even harder to pin-point.

It's not like I like all blue-eyed white men either, but there can certainly be seen some distinct similarity between what I find attractive.

Here is an example.. During my teenage years, I had a huuuge crush on this guy :P ;

...and every single one of my attractions towards guys have been of the same genre. Alongside men of this genre;
    Last edited by Duridi; 2012-07-20 at 06:43 PM.

While its not racist to have different sexual preferences, I find that the expression of those preferences for one race and not another is sometimes a mask for racism. Just sometimes, other times people just have their own kink and more power to em.

For my own experience, I was born in the deep south and surrounded by a sense of apartheid. Even though I found black girls at least as cute as the other ones, they were unapproachable. I didn't single out one race or another over the years, I learned that people's personalities and ethics are more important than looks. I also think sexiness is much more linked to behavior than the body housing it. So I didn't find myself dating a black woman until I was in my late 20s and early 30s. Unfortunately, I had to break up with her. I have to admit, though, the hotness that was an ebony girlfriend left an impression on me. I'm now stuck with the urge to look for a future girlfriend of a similar shade even though I know I shouldn't. Fantasies and realities, I guess.

I also generally find blue eyes disturbing. The paler the eyes, the less attractive I find anyone of any gender. I was with one woman with blue eyes, we were together for some time, and honestly those eyes were on the level of cthulhu face tentacles to me. I'm glad I can look past less important features for the crucial ones beneath. I do feel bad for people who can't get past shallow features, but on the other hand I find those sorts of people tend to clump. More of the best people for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    So awhile back we had a thread here about what other race that people are MORE attracted to, and people seemed to be fine with it. No accusations of racism, or anything like that.

So I propose the opposite; is it okay (and by that I mean not racist) to be LESS attracted to people of a certain race? And if you think so, is there a certain race that you are LESS attracted to than others?
    I'm equally attracted to all races, and I'm not racist.

So, there's your poll.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.