Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    I ran with a GeForce 8600M GT, 3.5GB RAM @ 667MHz, Core 2 Duo 7250 @ 2.0GHz, all low, 1024x1280 at 30 FPS except in WvW.

This is an almost 6 years old laptop.

Needless to say, I think some of you just don't know how to maintain your computer. To the guy being impressed that 4 windows of WoW only use 4% of his CPU: that's cause you're not actually playing them simultaneously. If you were raiding on all 4 at the same time and continuously you'd see a significant jump in processing usage.

The game probably still is unoptimized, but some of you also don't know how to set your settings from the video card's control panel, don't defragment, your computer's full of junk processes like automatic updates, drivers not up to date etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Needless to say, I think some of you just don't know how to maintain your computer.
    Having done a full reformat and system cleanup between BWE2 and 3, I don't think it's entirely fair to pin the problem on this alone; I didn't notice much of a difference between the two betas, though it did seem ever so slightly smoother; whether that's the game or me is up for debate.
    There also seem to be issues with specific hardware that one can't simply ignore, I've heard of relatively ancient Core 2 Duos running the game better than more modern processors, for example. One hopes that they'll iron out all these incompatibilities before release.

Either way, if you feel your computer isn't up to scratch and don't feel like diving into task manager to end a bunch of processes, GameBooster is, surprisingly, not a system-hijacking piece of malware; I use it on my laptop when I don't have resources to spare and it helps a bit.
    RIP Gunther, he wanted orange, the world gave him lemon-lime.

I ran with a GeForce 8600M GT, 3.5GB RAM @ 667MHz, Core 2 Duo 7250 @ 2.0GHz, all low, 1024x1280 at 30 FPS except in WvW.

Needless to say, I think some of you just don't know how to maintain your computer. To the guy being impressed that 4 windows of WoW only use 4% of his CPU: that's cause you're not actually playing them simultaneously. If you were raiding on all 4 at the same time and continuously you'd see a significant jump in processing usage.

The game probably still is unoptimized, but some of you also don't know how to set your settings from the video card's control panel, don't defragment, your computer's full of junk processes like automatic updates, drivers not up to date etc.
    No, it's already been widely known now that there's numerous driver conflicts for many AMD/Nvidia cards. Arenanet has already come out and stated it multiple times. Not to mention they've also come out and said that they clearly need to optimize further for many cards.

Further, fragmented HDDs and automatic updates have no effect whatsoever on in-game FPS, not sure where you got that idea. Background processes also have little to no consequence since we're no longer living in the year 2001. Modern systems have 6-8+ gigs of RAM to handle them.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a beta, etc. But there were notable performance issues with the game, including a nasty memory leak and some serious rendering errors (missing geometry). I expect it to be cleared up at or shortly after launch, but it's going to be ugly for a couple of weeks

I had to scale back to the lowest graphics setting for the final world event Hunger Games ripoff just to be able to play. This is on a Core i7 920 with 12GB of RAM and a GTX 460.
    Last edited by Profyrion; 2012-07-23 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Hey forum software, thanks for duplicating my post bro
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    It's a beta, etc. But there were notable performance issues with the game, including a nasty memory leak and some serious rendering errors (missing geometry). I expect it to be cleared up at or shortly after launch, but it's going to be ugly for a couple of weeks

I had to scale back to the lowest graphics setting for the final world event Hunger Games ripoff just to be able to play. This is on a Core i7 920 with 12GB of RAM and a GTX 460.
    ^This again.

Any i7 should be feasible, mine is a 950. I feel your frustration, I just hope they can iron out the issues before launch. I also noticed a big DX9 in the graphics options, and was surprised they weren't using at least DX10. I know WoW uses DX11 just because of the framerate improvement, they didn't even implement most of the capabilities DX11 can push out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    I hate to beat a dead horse.

But, but but if you have problems with a good PC, it's your own system which is at fault.

I can run this game on my PC and laptop just fine.

Now I am sorry if you are having problems, but instead of blaming the programmers, at least check out your own system first.

Please do remember that creating a game on the PC is not like a PS3/gaybox, there is so many PCs in this world today, so many specs, if you pirate windows 7 (oh so many of you do on here), don't expect candy.
    First you come out and say "It works on my computers so it's fine"
    Then you proceed to say "game development is not like developing for consoles, because there's so many specs" thereby negating the first point.

"I happen to have a computer who's drivers are compatable, you do not. therefore it's your fault and you're bad with computers."

Deleted
    Add "-umbra gpu" to your gw2.exe shortcut. I noticed a huge performance increase. Also, forced Crossfire (1x1 mode) for gw2.exe made a difference, too.

I was on a very busy server, I have an Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.3GHz, Radeon 6950 2GB unlocked to 6970 shaders @ 850/1300, 8GB DDR3-1600. Everything maxed at 1920x1200, and vsync on. In more heavy areas would I dip into the 20-30s, but it would always rebound pretty fast to around 40~, and when I'm in the less busy areas, 60fps capped by vysnc was completely possible.

GPU usage was fairly high (80-95%), although it wasn't using all that much VRAM. I don't remember how much CPU it was using, but it was probably fairly high.

I'd say there is definitely room for improvement, though, especially if people are finding switches that help a lot - they should be documented options, not hidden away. Also, I think once the slider has the option to crank the settings up, people want to - even if their machine isn't all that up to it - and they need to be more honest to themselves and push those options back down..
    Last edited by tohyatvc; 2012-07-23 at 09:23 PM.

Your playing at 1024x1280, try playing at 1920x1080, report back with FPS.

This thread is reminding me of SWTOR, where the game ran "fine" on an antiquated calculator, but like crap on high end systems.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Your playing at 1024x1280, try playing at 1920x1080, report back with FPS.
    ^ Love this guy. Seriously.

He's also getting 30fps at LOWEST settings. We all can't maintain our computers though, must be the problem.
    Last edited by Tharen Stark; 2012-07-24 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Statement Correction

Devs came out, during the beta, that the changes they made to the servers (much less) had an unexpected side-effect. They saw their servers spike insanely high CPU loads. And they were already working on fixing this issue.

Saterday i had framerate issues in WvW. Its a known and new problem. And Sunday, the game ran smooth as butter. And i was in WvW all day, which was incredibly active.

Im just glad my system is not one of the affected and hope that for those affected the problems are resolved quickly as i fricken LOVE this game.